Burberry Beauty

Psych1

Okay well I am going to either pretend I never read this or hope that was because they were brand new testers and they get better when they're broken in a bit. :pooh:
fluffy.gif

Looooll I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to bash them. I want to like them bc they're so pretty and I LOVE that they're now fragrance free. I think you have a point that they may have been stiff bc they were brand new. That's very true! My lips were also dry last night, so I'm going to give them another try bc I do want to like these!

peanut

Looooll I'm sorry, I'm really not trying to bash them. I want to like them bc they're so pretty and I LOVE that they're now fragrance free. I think you have a point that they may have been stiff bc they were brand new. That's very true! My lips were also dry last night, so I'm going to give them another try bc I do want to like these!
I have one that I bought off the Burberry site (Tulip Pink), and it seems creamy and smooth. But, indeed, it might have felt better the second time I used it. I've ordered a few more so I hope they'll be just as nice, but you never know between different shades. I'll cross my fingers!

I see you were looking at Blossom Pink. Were there any other shades that stood out to you? It's so hard trying to decide from the swatches on Nordstrom and Burberry! Now that I think about it, I haven't looked at the Saks' swatches. But let's just say I'm really grateful for bloggers' pics!!

Psych1

I have one that I bought off the Burberry site (Tulip Pink), and it seems creamy and smooth. But, indeed, it might have felt better the second time I used it. I've ordered a few more so I hope they'll be just as nice, but you never know between different shades. I'll cross my fingers! I see you were looking at Blossom Pink. Were there any other shades that stood out to you? It's so hard trying to decide from the swatches on Nordstrom and Burberry! Now that I think about it, I haven't looked at the Saks' swatches. But let's just say I'm really grateful for bloggers' pics!!
I'm really grateful for bloggers too. It seems that the ones I've seen weren't swatching the lighter colors, which are the ones I was interested in. So I was happy to stumble upon them! I tried on Blossom Pink, Rose Pink, English Rose, Pink Peony and Tulip Pink( the you got). I absolutely loved the springy, pink colors. I wasn't a fan of the nudes and corals I swatched, but I think that's just bc I wasn't interested in those colors. I swatched Ox Blood, and it was a bit more creamy but it was patchy. Despite my complaining, I think I'm going to pick up either Blossom Pink or Rose Pink. It's good to hear they get creamier with use! I hope we see more reviews on these! Which other shades did you order?

Lile

I
Okay well I am going to either pretend I never read this or hope that was because they were brand new testers and they get better when they're broken in a bit. :pooh:
fluffy.gif
  [/quote Lol! I feel the same way! I was excited to replace two lip covers that are almost gone with their replacements.

peanut

Despite my complaining, I think I'm going to pick up either Blossom Pink or Rose Pink. It's good to hear they get creamier with use! I hope we see more reviews on these! Which other shades did you order?
Sounds like you love pink! Me too! I just have to make sure it's not too cool toned. Anyway, I ended up ordering Coral Pink, Pink Peony, and Peach Delight. I chose Pink Peony because my SA said it didn't have a lot of blue in it. What did you think of it? She also said Peach Delight was similar to the old Pink Cameo, which I really liked. And I adore corals, and Coral Pink looked so nice in the few swatches I saw. I hope I love them (but it's nice to know Nordstrom has such a great return policy just in case I don't lol!).

BlahWah

I used it today and I'm loving it. Not over the top but definitely shows up. Smooth and easy to work with. Do you have the Nude Radiance as well?
Any chance you can compare texture and pigmentation to Chanel's Les Beiges powders that came out last year?

BlahWah

Any chance you can compare texture and pigmentation [of the Fresh Glow Golden Radiance powder] to Chanel's Les Beiges powders that came out last year?
Never mind, found something close enough. Sabrina compares them to Hourglass and to Burberry's Summer Glow, which I have and love. http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/09/burberry-fresh-glow-luminous.html

kait0

If any canadians are interested - there's 2 burberry shadow thingys from that one summer on sale here: https://scarletandjulia.com/current-sales/burberry/burberry-splash-eye-palette-hot-tropic-02.html
https://scarletandjulia.com/current-sales/burberry/burberry-splash-eye-palette-02.html

dvdiest

I received my four Kisses lipstick today. I tried on Blossom Pink first. I like it. It is a pretty light pink that actually shows up on me. It took only a few swipes to build up. I think I like the formula better than the Rouge Cocos (I compare to the Cocos only because they are the more recent new formulas for me.) I feel the Burberry is a little creamier and less waxy than the Cocos, and NO scent. I don't know, I am really terrible at describing this stuff. I just know how it feels to me once I apply it. I'm not sure if I will post a photo since I've never swatched and uploaded a photo here! :)

I just found out today that the Nordstrom near my work (whose beauty section is under construction) will be getting a bunch of new counters: Burberry, expanded Tom Ford, D&G, Charlotte Tillbury, and some sort of Christian Louboutin counter (those are the ones I could remember). I felt like I was going to pass out... in a good way of course.

Monsy

I just found out today that the Nordstrom near my work (whose beauty section is under construction) will be getting a bunch of new counters: Burberry, expanded Tom Ford, D&G, Charlotte Tillbury, and some sort of Christian Louboutin counter (those are the ones I could remember). I felt like I was going to pass out... in a good way of course.
you will be in trouble
rasta.gif

CL I think is coming out with his beauty line

Bronwyn

Hey, so update on my netaporter order. They refunded me the shipping fee. They apparently only had the new pale barley in stock but they had it written down as the old version on the site. So yeah that's pretty cool.

Psych1

Sounds like you love pink! Me too! I just have to make sure it's not too cool toned. Anyway, I ended up ordering Coral Pink, Pink Peony, and Peach Delight. I chose Pink Peony because my SA said it didn't have a lot of blue in it. What did you think of it? She also said Peach Delight was similar to the old Pink Cameo, which I really liked. And I adore corals, and Coral Pink looked so nice in the few swatches I saw. I hope I love them (but it's nice to know Nordstrom has such a great return policy just in case I don't lol!).
You have some really pretty colors coming, all perfect for spring! I recall really liking pink peony, a perfect every day, easy to wear shade. The corals/peaches were all really pretty as well, I remember seeing several that caught my eye, but I was too busy messing around with the pinks lol Nordstrom is the best, so you're safe in case any of them end up not working out.

Latest posts