Can MAC artists make YouTube videos?

vocaltest

As mentioned, Nicola from pixiwoo works at the Pro store in London (or did.. she now works at Illamasqua but part time so not sure if she works both). She openly talks about it and so does Sam, and it has been mentioned on their blog.

In my opinion, it just seems to be really blown out of proportion. I think just use common sense... it'd be the same with working for any company. If I made videos talking about where I work (hairdressers), started saying one stylist is good and the other not so good, or that 'this Paul Mitchell product is fantastic' and this one is crap, if my employer found out I'd get a smacked bottom. The same applies for MAC.

If I was you I'd just make videos and not mention that you work for MAC
smiles.gif
They can't whinge about you doing something you enjoy, can they?

Chrystia

So I just got rehired recently and my contract this time around is different from before when it said don't do it at all. My new contract stated you can go on blogs, videos etc so long as you state that everything is your personal opinion and not an official representation or reflection of MAC cosmetics.

nychick1384

I would think that just as long as you give a disclaimer in your video stating that everything is based on your own opinion and is not the opinion of MAC it should be fine. Kind of like the disclaimers movies studios put on DVDs regarding comments made by the actors in the special features and commentaries.