Can Sephora sell you a product that was already used?

LionQueen

Am I the only one a little grossed out that Sephora "asks if it's used - if not, we put it back out to sell" ? I mean, first of all, some people will lie, thinking if they say it's used they won't get a return, or just because they don't want to say they used it, and if it's a product like foundation without a pump, who's to say they didnt open it, put their dirty finger on the top of the bottle, tip it upside down, and get some product out that way? If they did that, the product is contaminated. With some products, you can verify if they were used or not. With others, you really cant tell. I thought Sephora would have a MAC-like policy where if it's returned it's thrown away automatically, just to be safe. Knowing that they don't, really gives me second thoughts about buying from them :/

Mabelle

we try and check as well as humanily possible... its easy to verify with most products. If theres a safty seal broken, we destroy it, if it looks swatched (shadows too) we throw it, it a mascara was or lip gloss wand has product up the wand we destroy it. Most things are very easily to check. I get how you might be grossed out, but honestly, i think it sucks that mac throws everything out, even unused products. Its one of the reasons they have so many price increases. I hate returning things as mac (opened or not) because i know its going in the garbage when its a perfectly good product.
it's a way to keep costs down for everyone. The more we have to damage out, the more money the store looses, the less hours we have, the more short staffed we are, the more hours we have to spend on damaging out etc etc. Most people don't give a damn what we do with the product once its returned as long as they get their money back. People are prety honest.

One thing i always do is check the box it comes in, if its bent, as though its been opened, we always check really well. But like i said, in my area, 90% of people are honest as to whether a product was used. They know theyll get their money back in any case.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleys
I actually bought it last year january and had to return it because I had scarring that were way too dark for it to cover. So instead I was using MAC studiofinish concealer. It looked so cakey but it was the onlyy thing that would cover. Now that the scars are lighter I decided to try it again and I more than LOVE it!! This was the first time in my life I didn't look muddy after class and I wanted to cry (of happiness) haha. It feels so light and ahh everyone should have this!

what concealer are you talking about? i am interested
greengrin.gif

bubbleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
what concealer are you talking about? i am interested
greengrin.gif

Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer. It's great!

Cydonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
i would imagine they have strict health and safety procedures where they can't and won't re-sell products. they're a reputable chain and i can't see them opening themselves up to lawsuits for illness/injury caused by improper hygiene practices.

like the above poster says, it's more likely that another customer has done that, rather than it being a returned product. i'd take it back and ask for an exchange
smiles.gif

Hahahaha... you're funny... are we still talking about Sephora? The same place where I asked to try out the MUFE HD foundation and the girl proceeded to directly touch my face with it on her fingers? Yeah, definitely not hygenic.

It's either the suggestion that a customer tested it (a tester may not have been available) or it is maybe returned... but either way, just take it back and nicely explain that you're not taking the risk that it's been tampered with.

Latest posts