Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

HOTasFCUK

Awwww that neon name got me all excited but it looks like a pretty collection! I just came back from Cuba and have a nice tan so i think a lot of those shades would be great. And i think i see a neon yellow glitter liner there so i may just have to check it out. Plus, my mom is obsessed with LW glitter liners so i have to tell her they have new liner/glitter duos out.

Junkie how are the prices for MUFE at IMATS? I want some of those cream eyeshadows they came out with but don't want to pay Sephora's prices. And when is the next IMATS? My friend is now doing some make-up and i know she would drag me to this!

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Junkie how are the prices for MUFE at IMATS? I want some of those cream eyeshadows they came out with but don't want to pay Sephora's prices. And when is the next IMATS? My friend is now doing some make-up and i know she would drag me to this!

40% off - eyeshadows/diamond shadows and blushes were $12 each, but they were refill pans only. And if you bought 10, you got the palette for free (usually $18).

Basically anything you can get at The Bay or the MUFE boutique in Montreal, prices are about 40% off.

Sadly, I don't remember the star powders or glitter prices that I bought, but I think they were around $10 each.

I bought around 14 eyeshadows/blushes, Duo Mat powder, HD foundation, 3 star powders for around $250 with tax.

Next IMATS Toronto is in November 6th & 7th, 2010.

$30 for one day, $50 for both days (Sat & Sun). You can pay at the door too, its just more expensive - $40 I think. You can also pay ahead and then pick up the tickets there.

Last year, I was the 4th in line. Woulda been first, but 3 girls who were together saw me walking and ran up ahead giggling. I was like wtf...its just me
th_dunno.gif
not me plus 50 people. Geez....

Anyways - I got there around 7:30-8am....it opened at 8:30am and the line up for MUFE was the LONGEST. You need to get there early for that line. Otherwise you're screwed.

Junkie

Rimmel London is $3.99 all this week at Shoppers Drug Mart

It includes:

-Glam Eyez Mono Eyeshadow
-Colour Rush Special Effects Eyeshadow (the one with two colours and the crown)
-Sunshimmer Maxi Bronzer (huge one with gold waves)
-Vinyl Bronze Lipgloss
-Vinyl Lipgloss
-Shock Lipgloss
-Royal Lipgloss (in the squeeze tube)
-Moisture Renew Lipsticks
-Lasting Finish Lipsticks
-Exaggerate Lipliner
-Spark It Up! Gleaming Eyeliner (the purple one is my HG non-black liner!)
-Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Eyeliner
-Powder Blush
-Natural Powder Bronzer
-Eye Make-up Remover

None of the mascaras or regular liners are on sale. Same with the trio or mix it up eyeshadows, or the mosiac bronzer. And the newer 6-hour lipglosses aren't either.

smiles.gif

Junkie

Insane Rexall Pharmaplus sale starting today til next week
smiles.gif

50% off ALL lip products (excluding Elizabeth Arden):

Includes

-NYC
-NYX
-Revlon
-Prestige
-Sally Hansen
-Emani
-Vasanti
-Maybelline
-Pupa
-Loreal
-Covergirl
-Physician's Formula
-Bonne Bell
-The Balm

NYC is also on sale there too:

$1.49 for:

-Lengthening or Curling Mascara
-False Lashes
-Eyeshadow Duet or Quartet
-Nailpolish
-Loose or Pressed Powders

Sally Hansen Nailpolishes are also $1.50 off and for every 3 bought, you get 25 bonus airmiles.

HOTasFCUK

I'm really tempted to go get some NYX lipsticks and glosses although i just got a big order in two weeks ago with 11 lipsticks and 3 glosses. I ordered them online but i wonder how the prices are at Rexall/Pharma Plus?

Junkie

Quote:
I'm really tempted to go get some NYX lipsticks and glosses although i just got a big order in two weeks ago with 11 lipsticks and 3 glosses. I ordered them online but i wonder how the prices are at Rexall/Pharma Plus?

I'll check tomorrow and get back to you
smiles.gif
I'm planning on picking up a few NYX lippies if I like any. Same with the 5 new Revlon Super Lustrous glosses that came out - one is a beautiful lilac colour. The cheapest they go at work is $3.99 each ($10.49 reg). We don't have the new colours yet, so hopefully Rexall does!

HOTasFCUK

^Ok let me know! Ohhh i was thinking about those new Revlon lipglosses the other day but i haven't seen them anywhere.

Junkie

Quote:
^Ok let me know! Ohhh i was thinking about those new Revlon lipglosses the other day but i haven't seen them anywhere.

Boo, they didn't have the new colours, however I hauled about $23 worth. I know when new colours are released, they don't get to Canada for up to a few months later. I know these are fairly new in the U.S, so it may take awhile.

-2 Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Smitten & East End Snob
Sasquatch Swatch: Rimmel Vinyl Glosses

-NYX Diamond Sparkle Lipstick in Sparkling Apricot
My Beauty Spot: NYX lippies

-NYC Lipsticks in Ruby, Fragile Pink, Smooch & Nude Glow
Ultra Moist LipWear lipstick by N.Y.C. New York Color Cosmetics
For the Love of Beauty: N.Y.C. Lipstick Swatches
Ultra Last LipWear Long-Wearing Lipstick by N.Y.C. New York Color Cosmetics
Can't find a photo of Nude Glow...sorry

-NYC Lipgloss in Glitter Gloss (clearish white with teal, green, yellow, & peach sparkles)
Kosmetikoutlet - Der Kosmetik Outlet Shop bietet Kosmetik | Fingernägel | Nagellack | Lippenstift | der Marken: Fingrs, Sally Hansen, NYC und Mynails zu Outlet Schleuderpreisen! - Liquid, Lipshine, Glitter, Gloss Liquid Lipshine Glitter Gloss NYC556U
(not a good photo)

-And my number one find was Sally Hansen Lipnotic Gem Gloss in Bejeweled! Its looks like a MAC Dazzleglass! Its amazing
greengrin.gif
I wish my camera didn't break - it really is a gorgeous colour. Its a coraly pink with multi-coloured sparkles in pink, teal, blue, & yellow. Even the cosmetician thought it was beautiful - she asked where I got it and couldn't believe she's been working there all this time and has never noticed it. There are 4 more colours to the Gem Gloss line and 5 non-gem ones.
Citrine's Blog: Sally Hansen Lipontic Gem Gloss In Bejeweled

Here is the price breakdown for the stuff on sale:

Revlon - $4.49-6.49
L'oreal - $4.49-6.74
Covergirl - $3.49-8.99
Maybelline - $3.99-4.99
Rimmel - $2.99-4.24
Physician's Formula - All $7.49
Styli-Style - All $4.99
Annabelle - All $4.24
NYX - All $3.49
Prestige - $3.99-4.24
Bonnebelle - $1.25-3.69 (unsure about the large chapstick/balm sets)
NYC - $1.14-2.59
Sally Hansen - $3.49-3.99

HOTasFCUK

Junkie how do you like the NYX sparkling lipstick? I really want to try those too! Ahhhh i think i'm going to go get the NYX stuff anyways, it takes too long to ship when ordering online. I also like the NYC lipsticks but i got a bunch when they were all $0.99 about a month ago or so.

Junkie

Quote:
Junkie how do you like the NYX sparkling lipstick? I really want to try those too! Ahhhh i think i'm going to go get the NYX stuff anyways, it takes too long to ship when ordering online. I also like the NYC lipsticks but i got a bunch when they were all $0.99 about a month ago or so.

Its ok, but "Sparkling" = super frosty. If you put a gloss over it, it isn't that bad. There is no taste or smell, which I prefer.

One of my others smelled and tasted like soap - don't know which one as I was trying them all on at the same time hahaha.

The tube is cute and the lipstick actually twists down all the way into the chamber - NYC doesn't do that. I prefer this because the cap on NYX doesn't click down hard enough to bounce around in my purse without opening. I think you might have to watch that....

This colour in particular is really pretty though. I swatched it with Fresh Salmon and its a bit more peachier/coral and more frosty of course.

Goes on smooth & doesn't feel drying. All the first 3 ingredients are wax (bees, carnauba & candelilla).

I'll have to report back on staying power.

HOTasFCUK

^Aghhh sold! I know there is one drug store in Scarborough that sells NYX so i'm going to go there hopefulyl today or tomorrow. Is there testers for NYX? I read a lot of people complaining about a soapy smell but all my lipsticks seem fine. The lipglosses have a lemony scent but it goes away once its on. I love how their lipsticks go all the way down. My NYC ones......the drive me nuts! The cap always comes off so you can't throw them into your purse. Oh and i read on mua that one you're done with the NYX lipstick, there is actually more of it in the bottom of it in the part where you can see the shade from the outside. I wish NYX would go more mainstream here in Canada. I also wish we would get that Hard Candy line thats in Walmart in the US as well as Milani and ELF!

Junkie

I used to live right by the Rexall at Eglinton/Midland when I was in Scarborough - dunno if they sold NYX though. I always ventured over the bridge and went to the Shoppers across from Kennedy station for my cosmetics.

The staying power isn't bad! I had it on for a few hours and it was really pretty and non-drying the whole time. I think I wanna go back and check out more colours, but I just frikken bought some shoes from Spring today :S ahahaha!

You should really check out those Sally Hansen dazzleglass dupes too!

Suzye829

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
One of the only thing I tried from Marcelle is there translucent powder and I like it a lot. I have the most sensitive skin ever and it doesn't react to it at all, (and I react to a LOT of stuff).

Something that I'm quite a fan from Annabelle is there Kohl eyeliner in Halo, it's a pinky neutral, great to cover any sign of fatigue or two much party ing.

I have to agree with this one about the Translucent Powder. My mom loves this stuff and I wish I got more of it when there was these warehouse sales in Scarborough/Markham, ON.

Suzye829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Oh yeah! Anyone see Annabelle's LE ready-made quads?

They're $16.99 each at my store - which is roughly $4.25 an eyeshadow (less than retail for a single one).

One has the old LE purple from awhile back called Purple Reine. I swatched a few and they feel a little crumbly to me.

If you go to the movies, the Tribute magazine with Robert Pattison on the front cover, has a $2 off coupon for Annabelle products! Very very useful, especially when Shoppers Drug Mart has $2.99 sales on their eyeshadows or even going to Wal-Mart for $3.26/eyeshadow. That's less than $2 after tax for a pretty well made eyeshadow!

Suzye829

Quote:
I used to live right by the Rexall at Eglinton/Midland when I was in Scarborough - dunno if they sold NYX though. I always ventured over the bridge and went to the Shoppers across from Kennedy station for my cosmetics.

Not sure if this is the right area, but there's NYX products at this store in Vaughn Mills. It is called DCW Cosmetics and located near the Designer Depot I think. Anyhow, they sell NYX products and that's where I got my Milk jumbo eye pencil. They don't sell that colour at Rexall/Pharmaplus. I've been to practically every single one in downtown, Scarborough, North York, even a new one in Markham on 9th line doesn't have that colour.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:

The staying power isn't bad! I had it on for a few hours and it was really pretty and non-drying the whole time. I think I wanna go back and check out more colours, but I just frikken bought some shoes from Spring today :S ahahaha!

You should really check out those Sally Hansen dazzleglass dupes too!

They sell NYX at the PharmaSave at Warden and Lawrence here in Scarborough so i guess i'll go there to check it out. My friend goes to a Rexall or Pharma at Midland and Danforth area i think and she gets NYX there! I really want to pick up those Sally Hansen glosses too now. My Rexall at Ken. & Shepp. is sooooo crappy. I only go there because the have a post office otherwise i go to Shoppers right across the street. Rexall will be moving down the street int he fall to Birchmount & Shepp. so i'm praying they will have NYX there! I saw a sign on the door that they are looking for a cosmetologist so i assume they will have a nice counter there.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzye829
Not sure if this is the right area, but there's NYX products at this store in Vaughn Mills. It is called DCW Cosmetics and located near the Designer Depot I think. Anyhow, they sell NYX products and that's where I got my Milk jumbo eye pencil. They don't sell that colour at Rexall/Pharmaplus. I've been to practically every single one in downtown, Scarborough, North York, even a new one in Markham on 9th line doesn't have that colour.

Technically they do sell Milk, but it's always sold out. I've only seen it in stock once, and it wasn't on sale at the time. it was at either the Atrium or College location.

Junkie

I had to get Milk online :S It was ridiculous how much those things are sold out. Forget Black Bean too! I go to the Rexall in the underground from Dundas station as well as the Bay/College location.

Has anyone tried the one in the underground from Metro Hall recently? I used to go to the IADT in the CBC building and always passed this when I went to school from St. Andrew station. Its been awhile since I was last in there. I wouldn't think their NYX line would sell as much as the other locations - its all white-collar yuppies working around there.

And on another note, I got another QUO Definer Shadow brush yesterday! Yay 40% off! Haha.

Suede & Co. (the bag line in the Beauty Boutique) also had this insane Clearout for bags/clutches at my store! I got two for $10 each! One is this black PVC clutch with gold zippers and another is this black leather looking oversized textured wristlet. Steals!

Suzye829

Quote:
MUFE is being discontinued at all SDMs - I called about 5 and got the same answer.

Fairview has very minimal product and is in the process of packing it all up at the moment. Don Mills/Lawrence Ave East is doing the same and said everything is being sent back on Monday, but their stock is meh - bits and pieces of each item.

Those were the only two stores who still had some stuff left. But you'll need to hurry to see what they have left.

I was just at O'Connor and Victoria Park and they have MUFE there! Not many foundations left, but everything else seemed to be in stock!

StarrySim

I wish they would do a MUFE clearance instead of packing it up and sending it away! Like The Bay did with Too Faced and Napoleon Perdis last year. I loved getting that stuff at 50% off, and with optimum points it would be even better.

Latest posts