Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

HOTasFCUK

Yeah its a good brush for $9! I mean its no MAC brush or even Quo but i liek that its smaller/tighter since Quo doesn't have a smaller version and i don't want to pay full price for a 188.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Yeah its a good brush for $9! I mean its no MAC brush or even Quo but i liek that its smaller/tighter since Quo doesn't have a smaller version and i don't want to pay full price for a 188.

$9? It's not even that cheap. That's almost the price of Quo on sale.

Junkie

I might have to check out those brushes at Walmart too!

Oh, and the MA at Shoppers totally tried to give me a hard time about the coupon too - because I used my discount at the same time. But I was like, it doesn't say anything about sales or discounts on the coupon! So she had to put it through! Hahaha. I thought I'd have a harder time since it was a print out....but no.

That coral squeeze lipgloss is totally my new fave too. Its always in my purse! I'm contemplating getting a 2nd Rapture blush and the gloss!

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
$9? It's not even that cheap. That's almost the price of Quo on sale.

It is almost like the price of Quo on sale but i needed it just because its more like a 188 as opposed to a 187!

Junkie- I was too scared to use the coupons at the same time! I went to two different registers and one even gave me a hard time! But it was so worth it for that lipgloss and blush!

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchkin86
I'm so excited. We are getting a Murale store in my city I can't wait to use my discount there! Lol

Yaay! I hauled at Murale once for optimum points, it's so nice to have options. I bought mostly Nars and Stila. I was disappointed by the brand selection though (no Urban Decay, Dior, Lise Watier...).

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Yaay! I hauled at Murale once for optimum points, it's so nice to have options. I bought mostly Nars and Stila. I was disappointed by the brand selection though (no Urban Decay, Dior, Lise Watier...).

we don't have Stila or YSL in our in Ottawa
ssad.gif
we do have Dior though...I really wish we had YSL. I wanna redeem some points and get a new YSL rouge Volupte lipstick

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
we don't have Stila or YSL in our in Ottawa
ssad.gif
we do have Dior though...I really wish we had YSL. I wanna redeem some points and get a new YSL rouge Volupte lipstick

Well that's just not fair! You guys should get Stila and YSL, and we need Dior!!! For next time I have my eyes on the Chanel l/s
smiles.gif

I asked why they didn't have Dior, and the girl said it's because they do well enough at the SDM around the corner. But that doesn't help when I'm trying to spend $200 of points in one place on a bonus day!

StarrySim

Did you guys see all the new Lise Watier kits? There's one that has a mini portfolio concealer, mini bronzer, eye liner, m/u base, mascara, and another one with a lipstick, lipgloss, m/u remover, and again a mascara. They also have new skincare kits out. I want them all! Thankfully SDM has a 10x pts with $60 Lise Watier purchase until the end of the month, so I will probably pick up 2 of the kits. I adore LW kits! I just wish the lipstick was a better shade - it's a deep berry red. I'd prefer something lighter or more pink. I love the one mascara I have (Mascara Total), so I'd love to try the Wow. Wheeee

Shadowy Lady

I've actually never tried their lipstick. How's the quality and the finish? I adore their Portfolio concealer though, that's my HG concealer. I need to check out these kits, they'd be awesome for traveling

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I've actually never tried their lipstick. How's the quality and the finish? I adore their Portfolio concealer though, that's my HG concealer. I need to check out these kits, they'd be awesome for traveling

I've never tried the lipsticks either. The new lipstains look amazing. I'm passing on the new mac ones, so I'll try to redeem points for a LW stain next time. I've never tried the Portfolio, so the mini size would be perfect. It should last me a lifetime anyway, considering I have a million concealers and always trying new ones.

bubbleheart

Maybe its unpatriotic of me but I really dislike all of the Canadian brand makeup I've tried. Quo has been hugely disappointing barring maybe one or two brushes (which I still think are way overpriced). Lise Watier has pretty packaging but is none of the stuff is really stellar or unique enough to persuade me to buy it over other brands. Annabelle - not bad for a CoverGirl etc alternative but since I dont really buy 'drugstore' makeup anymore I cant really say if its good lately. Marcelle - I've been sent free samples from them in the past (moisturizer, lipgloss, eyeshadow palettes) which are all okay but I dont think I'd ever purchase them.

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleheart
Maybe its unpatriotic of me but I really dislike all of the Canadian brand makeup I've tried. Quo has been hugely disappointing barring maybe one or two brushes (which I still think are way overpriced). Lise Watier has pretty packaging but is none of the stuff is really stellar or unique enough to persuade me to buy it over other brands. Annabelle - not bad for a CoverGirl etc alternative but since I dont really buy 'drugstore' makeup anymore I cant really say if its good lately. Marcelle - I've been sent free samples from them in the past (moisturizer, lipgloss, eyeshadow palettes) which are all okay but I dont think I'd ever purchase them.

I agree with you on some of this. I love Lise Watier, everything I've tried, m/u and skincare, has been fabulous. Annabelle - I love the Smoothliners, but I haven't tried much else. Marcelle - no luck at all for me, I don't even bother anymore. As for Quo - I've only had one of their brushes, the crease blender, and I didn't like it at all, so I've never bothered with any others. I wasn't overly interested in Quo until a few months ago, when I picked up one of the kits. The Sahara Sand mineralize e/s duo is amazing (I dare you to try it and not love it), the Skincredible foundation is really nice, and True Skin is a new HG for me. I'm actually really excited about Quo lately.

HOTasFCUK

I was looking at the Shopper's flyer yesterday for this week and they have a Quo lip mix palette where you melt your own lipsticks and put them in just like the old MAC ones! I think i may want to try this!

Purrceys

I've noticed Quo's eyeshadows have improved recently (more pigmented than they used to be.)

Has anyone tried their face primer?

StarrySim

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I was looking at the Shopper's flyer yesterday for this week and they have a Quo lip mix palette where you melt your own lipsticks and put them in just like the old MAC ones! I think i may want to try this!

I noticed that too, but I'm not really interested. I wish they (or anyone else) would come out with a lipstick holder, a sort of box with dividers that keeps lipsticks upright. I make my own from cardboard, but would love a "real" one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purrceys
I've noticed Quo's eyeshadows have improved recently (more pigmented than they used to be.)

Has anyone tried their face primer?

I haven't tried many of their recent eyeshadows, but the Minerals Matter duo in Sahara Sand is absolutely heavenly!

I have the new primer, the one in the black pump bottle, and it's allright. I think it's exactly like Smashbox Photo Finish. I'm not very much into face primers, but if you like the SB one you'll like this one.

Purrceys

Quote:
I noticed that too, but I'm not really interested. I wish they (or anyone else) would come out with a lipstick holder, a sort of box with dividers that keeps lipsticks upright. I make my own from cardboard, but would love a "real" one.

Somebody on another site suggested a plastic ammo case (for bullets) as a lipstick holder. (Your lipsticks would go in the slots for bullets). I'm sure where you'd find one but I guess a store that sells hunting supplies (like Bass Pro shops): I'm not in hunting (at all) but this might be a good idea. (I'd take a lipstick ro make sure they fit.)

I also know there's a seller on etsy.com who sells handmade lipstick organizers that fit Mac lipsticks.

Junkie

I really like QUO's Liquid Body Shimmer in Savannah Shimmer.

Its similar to Pink Rebel Lustre drops, but thicker in consistancy.

Its part of a LE display that came out recently. They have gold compacts too - 3 kinds with 3 different levels of bronzer. I LOVE the leopard print one for the compact, but wish the Tiger print bronzer was in it. Its far too dark for me. The third print is giraffe.