Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

gigiopolis

^ Oooooh is it one of those mascaras that comes off with warm water? If so, I'm totally getting it today (along with Smokey Gold of course!).

jenee.sum

^^^ it's a waterproof mascara, but it doesn't need an oil base makeup remover to take it. It only needs water and some sort of soap - which makes it such a cool waterproof mascara. it also comes off in "tubes", if you know what i mean. But i personally still use my MAC cleanse off oil to take it off since i'll need to take off my foundation anyways, and that's what i use normally.

I say when u get home, take off your makeup if u have any on, and try on the mascara! haha oh if you have Asian lashes that love to UN-curl when you brush mascara on (like how i do), try dabbing and wiggling the wand side to side instead. when i brush mascara on like brushing my hair, my curls just get ruined. blah!

gigiopolis

It's so funny, because that's EXACTLY what I did when I got home - take off my makeup and put it on! Loving it so far! And great mascara application tip, I'll definitely try that next time. Usually lash floppage isn't a huge problem for me, but lately I've been getting it...been too heavy handed with the mascara, perhaps?

jenee.sum

^^^ hehe that's awesome! i'm glad u like it! i know with my lashes, i have to be SUPER light handed when applying mascara - or else they just go flat. i think my lashes are just special. try the dabbing and wiggling method instead of the brushing to see if it'll prevent it...it always works for me.
smiles.gif

Junkie

Oh - if you join Annabelle's Facebook group - they have a printable coupon for $2 off anything in their line (expires in Feb I think).

And if you go to Shoppers this week, a lot of their line is on sale for $4.99 - take an extra $2 off! $3 lipsticks, liners, pigments, eyeshadows!
smiles.gif

Junkie

Shoppers is having a great boxing day sale!

The new professional QUO brushes are in sets for Christmas and a set of 5 are going for $49.99 (sale) this week with the possibility of up to 50% off from the retail price. These brushes start around $20 EACH and you get 4 or 5 of them in a stand up case.

A lot of the cheaper brow, make-up sets and pre-filled traincases are also subject to up to 50% off. Most of them are better quality than some people would think so I'd suggest checking them out
smiles.gif

Merry Christmas girls!

Junkie

Weeee for Boxing Day sales!

I scored this bag for $69.99 and redeemed $55 in points - I paid less than $20 on the balance and GST
greengrin.gif
I bought the black one in the corner - there was actually this matte cement grey one and it was gorgeous!

348gidz.jpg

Bon-Bon (Suede&Co)

Patent tote with double zipper trim detail.
• 14 × 10.5 × 6.75 •
SRP $140.00

Its an animal-friendly cruelty free company - google their site.

I also scored the QUO Click-on-the-Glitter Set for $11.99.

28qu25l.jpg

Modmom

Finally got Lisa Watier Opale glitter liner yesterday! So excited! I even recommended it to my mom, who is a gorgeous 65 yr young woman. She wore it the other night and it looked so classy on her. Not chunky glittery at all. Made her eyes bright and beautiful. Can't wait to try it myself.

I also picked up Annabelle lipstick in Zinc and Le Gloss in Superstar. Love this combination. I was going to get the LE MAC Icescape and Pretty Please, but for under $10 this gave me the look I wanted. Can't go wrong with that! That gloss looks really pretty over MAC Myth too (my HG nude).

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
Finally got Lisa Watier Opale glitter liner yesterday! So excited! I even recommended it to my mom, who is a gorgeous 65 yr young woman. She wore it the other night and it looked so classy on her. Not chunky glittery at all. Made her eyes bright and beautiful. Can't wait to try it myself.

Isn't Opale amazing? It's still my favourite out of the ones I have. I find it work great in between a double eyeliner (my latest obsession)

Cinci

Hey ladies,

I thought i would post a quick comparison photo for you.. Some of the quo brushes are pretty good.. and infact their kabuki is my favourite.. It's a great dupe for the MAC 180.. The quality is very similar imo.. and infact I use my Quo one more often... anyways, here's a pic of the two of them together.. sorry I didn't clean them first.. I will replace the pics once I get a shot of them when they are cleaned....

Kabuki-MAC180vsQUO-19.jpg

Kabuki-MAC180vsQUO-9.jpg

Shadowy Lady

Thanks for the comparison. i have the Quo kabuki and love it. In fact that was the brush that hooked me to Quo brushes
smiles.gif

xliliumx

Joe Fresh! Lol it sounds weird to buy Loblaws brand makeup but their matte lipsticks and cheek tints are fabulous! Can't beat it at $6 and $4 a pop!
And I think Annabelle was the first brand of makeup I ever started using when I was younger haha. I looove their pigments/eye dusts.

January

Cinci - Thanks for the comparison of the 180 and the Quo kabuki. How much is the Quo kabuki? I looked on the website, but it didn't list the price.

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by January
Cinci - Thanks for the comparison of the 180 and the Quo kabuki. How much is the Quo kabuki? I looked on the website, but it didn't list the price.

I am pretty sure it was $22.00 (I bought mine on sale - SDM often has their Quo brushes for 20%-40% off)

Junkie

Annabelle has atleast 3 new displays out, one with new pigments, lip products, blush (one called Rapture, so pretty, possible Ripe Peach dupe with MSF qualities), new LE single eyeshadows (Nymphet is gorgeous) and smudgeliners (Extra Celestial is to die for).

Another is all lip products in a pen style stick with squishy tubing where the product comes out.

And another is their NEW mineral line - 3 new pigment dusts! One is an insanely nice purple one called Violet Vibe! And the rest is foundation and blush.

And the coupon I mentioned a few posts ago - it doesn't expire til the end of March, so you can still use it on these products!

HOTasFCUK

I heard there was a new Annabelle collection coming! It sounds pretty good! Gotta find pics now or go to SDM!

Civies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Annabelle has atleast 3 new displays out, one with new pigments, lip products, blush (one called Rapture, so pretty, possible Ripe Peach dupe with MSF qualities), new LE single eyeshadows (Nymphet is gorgeous) and smudgeliners (Extra Celestial is to die for).

Another is all lip products in a pen style stick with squishy tubing where the product comes out.

And another is their NEW mineral line - 3 new pigment dusts! One is an insanely nice purple one called Violet Vibe! And the rest is foundation and blush.

And the coupon I mentioned a few posts ago - it doesn't expire til the end of March, so you can still use it on these products!

Oh how I love Annabelle. Their eye kohl is amazing, I've been using it since I was in 8th grade or so! Their pigment in azure is to die for .. it's the most beautiful ocean blue ever
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

Yeah, Annabelle sent me some of their new spring stuff and I love the look of everything. I haven't used anything yet but once I do I will def do a review on my blog.

I'm really liking Annabelle lately. They are definitely the gem of drugstore brands
smiles.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
I heard there was a new Annabelle collection coming! It sounds pretty good! Gotta find pics now or go to SDM!

Check out the site or join Annabelle Makeup Junkies on Facebook!