Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

ClaireAvril

I am not sure how the promos work @ Shopper's drug Mart, but here Quo brushes are 40% off.
Has anyone seen the more expensive Quo brushes.. i think they claim the quality is better and they have black handles.
I saw them I think at the SDM in the Toronto PATH just outside of the Union subway across from Starbux. They were expensive.. and i can't remember the prices but I think around MAC's prices. Now unless they are on sale I won't be picking any of those up.

Cinci

I have checked out the professional line of Quo Brushes. Initially, I remember not being impressed.. But I went back a few days later and I compared the angled liner brushes (Think MAC 266) from the regular line and the professional line and the black handled one was better than the silver one.

If Quo made the kahbuki in the pro version, I would probably spend the extra money on it, cause the silver Quo Kahbuki is really good a close dupe for the MAC 180.. So if they were to make it in a professional version, it would be even better I would imagine.. and for that I would be thrilled!!

However, I wouldn't spend the 50 bucks or whatever it was for the Quo Professional Duo Fiber.. For that amount of money I'd rather just get a MAC 187.. I guess what I am saying is it would depend on each brush individually...

P.S. 40% off? hm, I will have to call my local shoppers and see if they are on sale here too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
I am not sure how the promos work @ Shopper's drug Mart, but here Quo brushes are 40% off.
Has anyone seen the more expensive Quo brushes.. i think they claim the quality is better and they have black handles.
I saw them I think at the SDM in the Toronto PATH just outside of the Union subway across from Starbux. They were expensive.. and i can't remember the prices but I think around MAC's prices. Now unless they are on sale I won't be picking any of those up.

jenee.sum

^^^ yup they're 40% off this week!

Murale also carries the professional and black handle Quo brushes. i haven't tried them yet however. if you have optimum points to redeem, you can get some brushes for free!

Cinci

woohoo! I'm gonna head to shoppers lol! Are the black handled ones on sale too? is the week ending today or next sunday?

jenee.sum

my store doesn't carry the black handle ones so i'm not sure if those ones are on sale too. the flyer says all brushes are though, so maybe they are. call your local SDM or go in to see. Murale had their extra redemption this weekend - i didn't go though. gunna save up to 75 000 pts and wait for the extra redemption so i can get $200 worth of free makeup hehee.

sale ends dec 11
smiles.gif

Cinci

Yep Pro line is on sale as well! I was just there
smiles.gif
And if you spend $75.00 or more right now, you get 15,000 bonus points, so that's what I did! So now that I have over 75,000 points, I'm going to wait for a Spend your Points event and get all the makeup I've been waiting to buy
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

Cinci: Do you have a Murale near you?! They have the same promos as Shoppers (well except those $10 Timmy/Gas cards i think), so if you wait and look out for their extra redemption days, you can get expensive makeup like Chanel, Bobbi Brown, Nars, etc for free! That's what i'm doing! I'm a few thousand away from 75 000, so i'm just gunna have to wait...but soooo worth the wait!
smiles.gif

Cinci

Unfortunately we don't have any Murale stores here.. Only the Shoppers Beauty Boutique.. Ours carries Smashbox, Lise Watier, Benefit, Lancome, and Clarins... Not a whole lot unfortunately.. (And the closest MAC or Sephora is 8 hrs away
ssad.gif
But thanks for the heads up, I will have to remember to check out the Murale stores next time I go out of town
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

Def check Murale out when you get the chance to go out of town. But Beauty Boutiques have nice brands too! I'm sure you'll find some awesome things there. Happy Shopping!
smiles.gif
hehe

Junkie

I love Lise Watier's Glitter Liners!

I also have a few of the Annabelle eyeshadows, but they need a bigger colour range! Their pigments are nice though too. Their glitterliners are ok too, but not as glittery as the LW ones....not enough sparkle, just more of the gel.

I've also inquired about the QUO Pro brushes - and the difference is the fibers. The new brushes have more natural "high end" fibers as opposed to synthetic and lower end natural fibers (ie, squirrel). But for the prices they charge, you might as well pay for MAC, Shu Uemara, or Hakuhodo. The bases are also stamped down differently and the handles are also different (material wise, not colour).

Oh and just a small edit - Murale also has their own brushes...they're white handled. I'll get a price range later on!
smiles.gif

Cinci

I have to say i love the feel of the pro bushes.. the finish on the handles is really nice!

Shadowy Lady

I got the Lise Watier teal coloured glitter liner today! It's soooo gorgeous! I can't wait to do a dramatic glitter smokey look with it

gigiopolis

OMG I fucking salivated as I walked through Murale the other day. They don't sell Stila at Sephora in Vancouver (I know, right??) but they had it! And Bobbi Brown! And YSL! Cargo! No more going to Holt Renfrew, PLUS I get my Optimum points <3 <3 <3

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I got the Lise Watier teal coloured glitter liner today! It's soooo gorgeous! I can't wait to do a dramatic glitter smokey look with it

OMG im soooooooooooo happy for you!!!!!!! Emeraude right?
th_DANCE.gif

swatch it on the back of ur hand over some teal coloured base and enjoying staring at your hand for a looong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
OMG I fucking salivated as I walked through Murale the other day. They don't sell Stila at Sephora in Vancouver (I know, right??) but they had it! And Bobbi Brown! And YSL! Cargo! No more going to Holt Renfrew, PLUS I get my Optimum points <3 <3 <3

OooO your Murale has YSL? lucky!!! i've been at my Murale a few times and i don't remember seeing YSL there. *jealous* Does yours have Nars?

Modmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady

Oh you lucky girl!! It's soooooo mesmerizing. I can't wait to see how you use it. I think I'm going to grab the black or the white one to wear for Christmas.

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
Oh you lucky girl!! It's soooooo mesmerizing. I can't wait to see how you use it. I think I'm going to grab the black or the white one to wear for Christmas.

OoOO get the white one! the impact and look and soooo much more gorgeous than the black one, especially if you wear it over (not above) black eyeliner or a light frosty/pearl e/s. sooo pretty.

Junkie

I got the Emeraude one today too! SO pretty...it was the last one. I wanted the Saphir one too, but it was sold out! Anyone swatch the half liner/half mascara? It was a light teal with pink duochrome/iridescence to it....SO gorgeous! I think I might go back for that one as well as the Saphir at another location.

I have Black Diamonds, Cognac, and Amethyst already...I love the glitterliners the best, although I swatched the eyeliners and they are so soft and creamy + pigmented. Maybe I'll eventually give those a shot.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis

Omigosh me too! I made a point of going today and there were crazy brands there - same as Sephora!

Some I saw:

Cargo, Bobbi Brown, Nars, YSL, Estee Lauder, Pur Minerals, I.D Minerals, Mommy's Makeup, GOSH, Loreal, Lancome, Chanel, Guerlain, Smashbox, Benefit, Clinique, etc

I can't think of them all....my only let down was that they didn't have Make Up Forever, Dior, and Lise Watier (some regular Beauty Boutiques in Shoppers Drug Marts do).

I got an Estee Lauder ombre blush called Peach Nuance - actually very similar to a thread started here for collections to come for MAC (which is funny because Estee Lauder is like, the parent company). They had 3 of them, I only got one.

And I got an LE Nars eyeshadow duo called Eurydice. I really wanted Rated R (lime green and royal blue) but this stuff is expensive - and I don't wear those colours enough anyways.

Totally going back for Deep Throat, Torrid, and Orgasm blushes by Nars though! Especially since my SDM discount applies at Murale! :p

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
I got the Emeraude one today too! SO pretty...it was the last one. I wanted the Saphir one too, but it was sold out! Anyone swatch the half liner/half mascara? It was a light teal with pink duochrome/iridescence to it....SO gorgeous! I think I might go back for that one as well as the Saphir at another location.

Saphire was sold out at the SDM I went to as well
ssad.gif
I'm going to another SDM to snag that one. Also, the Murale in Ottawa is all the way in the East end so I can't really go as I desire (I live in the south west). But I've saved up some SDM points and want to go in this weekend. Maybe I can get a new YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick and a Nars matte velvet pencil.

Latest posts