Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

HOTasFCUK

I just printed the coupon from smartcanucks.ca! I'm interested in that blush and possibly some pigments!

jenee.sum

I have the hot pink and coral lipgloss from the new annabelle collection. i like the coral, but i love the hot pink. it's sheer enough but still has colour. I'm just wondering how hard it's going to be squeezing the product out once it gets low - the tube isn't that easy to squeeze IMO.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
I have the hot pink and coral lipgloss from the new annabelle collection. i like the coral, but i love the hot pink. it's sheer enough but still has colour. I'm just wondering how hard it's going to be squeezing the product out once it gets low - the tube isn't that easy to squeeze IMO.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Those tube-y squeeze ones always suck for that. And they seem like breeding grounds for rancid gloss in the head of it :S

I'm iffy on the blush too. I bought Immortal Coral and it went on very cakey. I'm hoping it I use Rapture with a stippling brush, it'll be better. I also swatched all the new single eyeshadow colours and they're very soft (texture wise - like NYX) nothing like the PERM stuff. I feel like they crumble too easily, but the blue one, Nymphet, is SO pretty! The pigments - matte black and matte white don't interest me too much.

I'm holding Nymphet, Rapture and the smudgeliner Extra Celestial at work. I don't think I'll get any of the glosses from that collection - they remind me of GOSH's and they have very little product for the price. Same with the squeeze glosses - just not interested.

The mineral line on the otherhand, I think I might want all of the mineral pigments and maybe try a blush if theres a nice colour. I'm printing out coupons for ALL of the items I'm buying regardless of "Use once per visit" lol.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie

The mineral line on the otherhand, I think I might want all of the mineral pigments and maybe try a blush if theres a nice colour. I'm printing out coupons for ALL of the items I'm buying regardless of "Use once per visit" lol.

LOL me too. I'm going to SDM Saturday when the new flyer starts. The coral gloss sounds nice but i have to see everything. Those squeeze tube lipglosses, are they really skinny and hard? I think i have an Estee Lauder one like that and they are hard to get the gloss out. And i'm seeing some other companies making the same tube. Not crazy about it, it reminds me of a pen or something.

Thanks for all the reviews Junkie! Do you remember what shades the mienral pigments looked like? I saw a youtube video and i think they are all bright purples.

Do you guys ever use their flat eyeshadow brush? Its one of my faves! I prefer using that and all my Quo brushes over MAC anyday.

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
LOL me too. I'm going to SDM Saturday when the new flyer starts. The coral gloss sounds nice but i have to see everything. Those squeeze tube lipglosses, are they really skinny and hard? I think i have an Estee Lauder one like that and they are hard to get the gloss out. And i'm seeing some other companies making the same tube. Not crazy about it, it reminds me of a pen or something.

Thanks for all the reviews Junkie! Do you remember what shades the mienral pigments looked like? I saw a youtube video and i think they are all bright purples.

Do you guys ever use their flat eyeshadow brush? Its one of my faves! I prefer using that and all my Quo brushes over MAC anyday.

Another thing - this weekend, the eye kohls and lip pencils are $2.99 - so if you use the coupons, its 99 cents!!!! Thats way cheaper than I ever got 'em for!

And yes, the glosses are pen style with the squishy head. I swatched them on my hand and it seems like there would be a waste of product once you start to run out - in terms of not being able to get the rest out. I dunno, if you like the colour enough and use a coupon, go ahead and try it. I saw them at the SDM at Bloor and Ellerbeck (near Broadview).

I haven't seen any of the mineral line yet other than online on facebook - the group I was talking about. The pigments are: Violet Vibe (blue based purple), Eco Chic (Forest Green), and Myth (an earthy brown colour but more yellow based).

The other line with the new single eyeshadows are: Nymphete (Aqua blue), Pinked (kinda like MAC Lala), Toxic Garden (dirty green - yellow based), and Helium (med brown).

The smudgeliners are Extracelestial (aqua blue shimmer) and Green Tease (green-gold).

And they also have two glosses - Flourific (sheer rose) and another (can't remember).

The blush, Rapture, is a definate coral with gold flecs (like Nars Super Orgasm, just less obnoxious). Its soooo pretty and its low-sheer coverage, so it kinda reminds me of an MSF. I'd recommend a stippler brush for it though because like I said, Annabelle blushes tend to wear cakey IMO [with a regular rounded blush brush]. With regular blush brushes and the fact that Annabelle's products tend to be more soft, I think it picks up too much product. The pay off can be similar to Hipness, Ripe Peach or even Spaced Out depending on how you build it. It looks kinda boring in the pot, but the display blush was amazing to me, especially after I swatched it....several times...lol.

I don't use any of their brushes....I haven't seen them at any SDM stores that I've been to - only Rexall Pharmaplus. I have enough brushes anyways
smiles.gif
And I love my Quo ones.

HOTasFCUK

I'm very curious to see a swatch of Myth pigment. But i can't find one anywhere! Has anybody tried it?

I think i'm going back to SDM to get the Rapture blush.....its so pretty and instantly reminded me of NARS's Super Orgasm. And i also liked that coral squeeze lipgloss. Perfect for spring which is what it feels like her in Toronto!

Junkie

I found the pigment collection finally! Its at Queen/Parliament and Queen/Carlaw SDM's!

Although, they all kind of suck and look hardly like they did on the website.

The violet I thought would be very similar to a pigment version of MUFE #92 and it isn't even as bright as MAC's Violet.

Eco Chic isn't nearly as green and only looks slightly darker than their PERM Cool Mint colour.

Even Myth which looks like a nice brown is actually pretty sheer with a lot of micro-sparkles in different colours (green, yellow, pink, etc). I only bought this one - it was a little less than $5 with my discount and the coupon. Here's a swatch (L-R: MAC Smoke & Diamonds, GOSH #14 Grey Brown eyeshadow, Annabelle Myth pigment, MAC Subtle pigment).

2625l4y.jpg

HOTasFCUK

Thanks Junkie i'm going to get it now!!! Smoke & Diamonds looks so green but i've never swatched it in person. I like the GOSH pigment as well and Subtle is one of my all time faves. But Myth is very pretty! I wonder if SDM or anyone else will have Annabelle on sale with the new flyer this weekend + the coupon will be great
smiles.gif

Junkie

A lot of the newer displays usually don't go on sale right away even though the rest of the perm line is. Thats the case right now - Annabelle is on sale, yet none of these products were. Hopefully within a few weeks - regardless, I'll keep everyone posted before the coupon expires!

Junkie

Annabelle is on sale again this week from March 13th - March 19th.

The flyer says $5.99 - however, prices vary.

List (based on 2 out of the 3 new displays):

Squeeze tube lipgloss - $6.99 (TOTALLY bought the coral one - its gorgeous overtop MAC Fresh Salmon!)
Eyeshadow Trios - $8.49 (reg, they are not on sale)

Pigment/Blush/Mono Shadow display:

Mono Eyeshadow (Best deal ever with the coupon) $3.00 !!!! ($1 for eyeshadow!? WHAT!? lol)
Matte Studio pigments - $6.99
Lipbalm in silver tube - $6.99
Smudgeliner - $6.99
Rapture Blush - ? (I'll check the computer tonight)

As for the pigment dusts from the perm part of the line, they are not on sale. I cannot say for the new ones (Myth, Violet Vibe, Eco Chic) because we don't have it yet.

And we're all out of Rapture blush - all of them sold - including one that I bought for myself :p Its gorgeous.

Keep in mind though that prices can vary by about 50 cents to a dollar on items depending on the location and size of the store. I've noticed that Shoppers in Scarborough are usually cheaper for some reason compared to downtown.

Get those LE mono eyeshadows! For only a dollar with the coupon, its definately worth it!

ReveNoir

I've definitely been enjoying me some Annabelle stuff lately - especially those Smoothliners. It's just too bad they don't come in more colors
ssad.gif

I also love the Lise Watier glitter liners. I've got five or six of them now, and really need to start using them more often...I keep forgetting about them! (a crying shame, I know)

By the way, ShadowyLady - why does it not surprise me you're the one that started this thread?
winks.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReveNoir
By the way, ShadowyLady - why does it not surprise me you're the one that started this thread?
winks.gif

Canadian pride baby
thmbup.gif

HOTasFCUK

I think i'm going to go to SDM on my lunch to get Rapture and the lipgloss with the $2 off coupon! I saw the myth pigment at SDM for $9.49 but i think it was around $7.99 at Wal-Mart so i'll get that there with the $2 off. Rapture blush was $7.99 regualr price i think. I also swatched Helium eyeshadow pan at the store and its really pretty!

So i went on my lunch break and got Myth at Wal-mart. I think it was $7.99 so i got it for $5.99. Then at SDM, i got Rapture blush (they had 4 left) and it was $7.49 but paid $5.49 with the coupon. Also got the new Revlon eyeshadow in Black Galaxy for $5.99! I paid for these at the cosmetics counter then i grabbed a lipgloss in Mango (really bright coral) and it was $6.99 on sale so i paid $4.99 at the front cash and they were giving me a hard time about the coupon but called a manager and then it was ok. And yes the eyeshadow pans are on sale for $3 so $1 with the coupon which is amazing but they didn't have Helium. Can't wait to play with my stuff now! Love cheap thrills LOL thanks for letting us know Annabelle was on sale this week and for the $2 off coupon Junkie!!!

HOTasFCUK

So i had some fun playing with the stuff last night and doing a few quick swatches. Has anybody seen that brush line at Wal-Mart called Spa-something? LOL i forget the name but its in the nailpolish section. They now have a skunk stippling brush for $8 or $9. The bristles look smaller and tighter then the Quo version which is what i wanted since i want to use it for my mineralize blushes. I haven't tested the brush but its pretty soft although a bit stiff. I swatched the Myth pigment from Annabelle and OMG i think its my new love. What a beautiful colour! Kinda reminds me of MAC Sunnydaze. Definitly a keeper!!! I swatched the Rapture blush and the Mango (there's actually another name in front of Mango) plumping gloss at the store on my hand so i know i like those LOL but i was very disappointed in the Revlon luxurious eyeshadow in Black Galaxy. I wanted this for a few months but waited for it to go on sale an dnow i'm debating if i should return it. Its so nice in the pan but provides poor pigmentation when it goes on. I'm going to try it on my eyes and maybe with a base so we'll see! Happy with my cheap thrills since i've spent soooo much on MAC and NARS in the last few weeks.

As for other cheap drugstore thrills, a few weeks ago i got:

-Wet'n'Wild blush in Pearlescent Pink $4.52: Read that it was a dupe for NARS Orgasm. Very pretty colour but i found it was more pinky on me. I still need to swatch and compare it my NARS.
-NYC cremeblush stick in Plaza Pink $4.57: again very pinky while i prefer peachy shades but nice pop of colour. I just need to learn how to use a blushcream!
-Wet'n'Wild icon eyes jumbo eyeshadow/liner pencil in graphite payed around $3-$4: Thought this would be hard and very cheapy but it went on like a dream! Very smooth and a great intense gunmetal colour. I used it as a liner and it stayed put all night. Love it!!!

Cinci

FYI for anyone in Montreal, there's a Lise Watier Warehouse Sale goin on this month and part way into April.

Upcoming dates are: March 20th, 21st, 27th & 28th, April 10th & 11th.

4406923799_630535cc77_o.jpg

(Credit for the flier and info go to KrazyKanuk on RedFlagDeals)

StarrySim

Quote:
So i had some fun playing with the stuff last night and doing a few quick swatches. Has anybody seen that brush line at Wal-Mart called Spa-something? LOL i forget the name but its in the nailpolish section. They now have a skunk stippling brush for $8 or $9. The bristles look smaller and tighter then the Quo version which is what i wanted since i want to use it for my mineralize blushes. I haven't tested the brush but its pretty soft although a bit stiff. it!!!

No way! Spa Resources came out with new brushes? I'll have to try the skunk for sure! I've used a few of their brushes, and while I loved them at first, I find that they don't wear well. They get scratchy and fade easily.

StarrySim

Have any of you tried the new Lise Watier lip stains? They're the marker type. I swatched in store, and they are gorgeous!!! Really long-lasting, too. I let one of the small swatches dry on my hand without rubbing it away, and there was no taking it off after that! I had to use a makeup remover when I got home, and even then I could faintly see it. Water wouldn't touch it at all. I'm thinking it would be great for the beach/ pool, in a more neutral colour.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySim
No way! Spa Resources came out with new brushes? I'll have to try the skunk for sure! I've used a few of their brushes, and while I loved them at first, I find that they don't wear well. They get scratchy and fade easily.

Yup they made a stippling brush and i actually like it! I don't own the MAC one but my friend was looking at my Quo one last week (she's brush obsessed) and said it was really good quality. I find the Quo bristles spread out nice and big which is perfect when i put my MSF's on so i wanted something smaller and more "closed in" for my mineralized blushes and this brush works perfectly isntead of me gettin a MAC 188. They also had a few newer brushes out and a bunch of the other ones were on sale.

I haven't tested out the Lise Watier lipstains and it seems like the lip markers are huge for spring this year! MAC's come out in April i believe with Art Supplies. LW also has a nice coral lipgloss called Coral i think. Love their glitter eyeliner, my mom owns every colour!

StarrySim

Quote:
Yup they made a stippling brush and i actually like it! I don't own the MAC one but my friend was looking at my Quo one last week (she's brush obsessed) and said it was really good quality. I find the Quo bristles spread out nice and big which is perfect when i put my MSF's on so i wanted something smaller and more "closed in" for my mineralized blushes and this brush works perfectly isntead of me gettin a MAC 188. They also had a few newer brushes out and a bunch of the other ones were on sale.

I haven't tested out the Lise Watier lipstains and it seems like the lip markers are huge for spring this year! MAC's come out in April i believe with Art Supplies. LW also has a nice coral lipgloss called Coral i think. Love their glitter eyeliner, my mom owns every colour!

That brush sounds perfect! I need something that's in between the 187 and 188. I'm pretty sure I will pick up a 131 because I regretted missing out on it last summer, but I might as well pick up the Spa Resources as well since it's so cheap. Now I just need to get to a Wal-Mart, which isn't easy when you live and work along Yonge, oddly enough.