Carmex--thought it worth mentioning.

cetati

I thought it's worth mentioning that Carmex is the best lip care EVER in drug stores, and only The Body Shop has produced something that works so well for my dry, flaky lips. I love to put on Carmex right after I clean/wash my face, and before I moisturize and tone. By the time I get to lipstick (the last thing on my make up routine), the Carmex has had a few minutes to set in and really moisturize my lips, and I just take a tissue and blot it lightly to get rid of the excessive oil and voila, perfect lips to work with for make up.

eye_pr0mise

i used to use carmex religiously.
but i get annoyed when it creates that
waxy stuff on my lips. kinda gross.
so i stopped using it as much.

M.A.C. head.

I started using Carmex recently as well, but it seems that my lips are drier than eve r
ssad.gif

j_absinthe

Damn, I feel old to the Carmex game.

Carmex is good for really dry, chapped lips. I would recommend also putting it on before bed to get extra moisture overnight.

NicksWifey

I love Carmex but DAMN I LOVE Aquaphor, this stuff is amazing! I have a big pot that has lasted me forever! I always put in on in the morning and give it time to settle before doing my lips and always slather some on before bed. My mom insists it's just expensive vaseline, but I honestly think Aquaphor is so much better and non greasy.
It's also perfect if you have dry feet, just slather your feet in this stuff and put some socks on and go to sleep and voila!, you wake up with soft feet
smiles.gif

seonmi

I love Carmex. I put it on before going to bed and before putting on lipstick. Maybe I should try using it before doing my makeup so it has some time to sink in
smiles.gif

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I started using Carmex recently as well, but it seems that my lips are drier than eve r
ssad.gif

I've tried to use Carmex for years, and I never have good luck with it. My lips get really peely and gross if I use it for extended periods of time. I attribute it to one particular ingredient in Carmex: Salicylic Acid. SA causes upper layers of skin to "shed" if they need to and loosens dry skin. So I think that's why it always makes my lips peel.

I prefer C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve for dry lips. But thats just me!
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
I've tried to use Carmex for years, and I never have good luck with it. My lips get really peely and gross if I use it for extended periods of time. I attribute it to one particular ingredient in Carmex: Salicylic Acid. SA causes upper layers of skin to "shed" if they need too and loosens dry skin. So I think that's why it always makes my lips peel.

I prefer C.O. Bigelow's Rose Salve for dry lips. But thats just me!
smiles.gif

!!! I probably worded my post wrong. The problem isn't exactly that my lips are dry, they just peel a lot. Like my lips have just shredded skin on them all the time. I have to take a makeup remover and scrub it off and sometimes my lips get raw and sensitive
ssad.gif

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
!!! I probably worded my post wrong. The problem isn't exactly that my lips are dry, they just peel a lot. Like my lips have just shredded skin on them all the time. I have to take a makeup remover and scrub it off and sometimes my lips get raw and sensitive
ssad.gif

YEP! That would be it! I NEVER have an issue with them peeling normally.

Swtest2Lips

The only carmex Ive ever tried came in chapstick form and was strawberry flavored. I guess the effects isnt the same as the potted (a lil bit smellier version). I will have to pick a jar up the next time I stop at walgreens.

florabundance

I love Carmex aswell. I actually find that Vaseline does nothing for my dryness, just leaves an oily layer over the dryness (eugh). My lips seems to react better to Carmex
smiles.gif

AliVix1

i LOVE carmex!! im seriously addicted to the stuff! its to the point where my bf wont even kiss me once fall rolls around without asking if im wearing it first!! (he's not a fan of the taste!) i freak out if i cant find a tube!

MsCocoa

I'm a big lover of Carmex too, I now use 8-Hour Cream but I still always have a tube of Carmex near by!

Preciouspink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliVix1
i LOVE carmex!! im seriously addicted to the stuff! its to the point where my bf wont even kiss me once fall rolls around without asking if im wearing it first!! (he's not a fan of the taste!) i freak out if i cant find a tube!

LOL been there!!

I love the cherry one too!

Mercurial

Carmex is the best!
greengrin.gif
I prefer the pot or click stick rather than the sqeezy tube though, the cherry ones especially are lovely.

pink_lariat

I've tried so many products. Carmex is the only lip conditioner that works for my flaky, dry lips. I put it on right before going to bed. I prefer the original flavor in tube. The strawberry flavored tube tastes soooo bad.

JaneHorror

I love Carmex!! I put it on before I go outside to run and than I take a shower, and I think the steam and the carmex helps moisturize my lips a lot more. I use to have horrible dry flaky chapped peeling lips, it was soo bad that I couldn't even wear lip gloss.

seabird

i think i'm the only person in the world that hates that stuff. i get chronically bad dry lips due to the fact i used to get eczema on my face, and carmex simply just irritated them. so many better lip balms/treatments out there imo.