Carmex--thought it worth mentioning.

k.a.t

I love carmex for my dry lips....i don't use it frqeuntly enough though...i like the squeezy tube one.

stacylynne

I love carmex.
Here is a little trick which I do:
Exfoliate your lips w/ olive oil & sugar, wash your face as you would nomally do
Apply your moisterizer & then carmex on your lips.

I exfoliate my lips 2x a week. this method works for me b/c I get very dry chapped lips.

banjobama

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i think i'm the only person in the world that hates that stuff. i get chronically bad dry lips due to the fact i used to get eczema on my face, and carmex simply just irritated them. so many better lip balms/treatments out there imo.

I hate it too! It's so irritating and the stench is disgusting. Menthol, Camphor, Alum, Salicylic Acid, and Phenol. Yum! not.

fash10nista

I've only been using Carmex for the last year or so and I find that it helps keep my lips moisturized better than Blistex or Chapstick IMO. Since using Carmex, my lips are pucker-soft
kissy.gif
AND my daughter uses it too! I love the cherry and she likes the strawberry-flavored one....

Blushbaby

Carmex is my HG lip balm. I just stocked up as it's cheaper stateside than it is in England and we don't get the cherry version, only the original and strawberry.

Is the mint version still sold or have they discontinued that? THAT was my absolute fave!!

Vaseline doesn't moisturise your lips at all, it just leaves a greasy film that sits on them.

jardinaires

i love carmex! tdoll mentioned rose salve, i use that and carmex, other than MAC's lip conditioner. those are the only 3 things i use on my lips.

GlamQueen21

I think two weeks ago or so, I bought 3 more Carmex tubes in the cherry flavor since I'm scared that I'll run out of my strawberry flavored one. I'll have to buy more again lol it's my HG! Cannot go a day without it and cannot go to bed without applying Carmex.

trollydolly

I used carmex every day but my dry lips dont seem to be improving. I've tried vasaline as well but that just felt like i was putting grease on my lips.
I cant even wear lipgloss or lipstick at the moment because it bunches up on the dry bits of my lips and in the cracks and looks disgusting.
Also after ive been wearing lipglass for a while i can literally wipe/rub off the top layer of skin on my lips.
Any ideas what I should try as carmex isnt working?

Dreamergirl3

I cannot live without cherry carmex! I LOVE this stuff. I didn't like it at first, since I had bought it when my lips were severely chapped and peeling. Didn't seem like it was doing anything but I kept using it nonstop for about a week, and my lips were back to their smooth selves! Cherry Carmex how I love thee

Makeupaddict88

I love Carmex. My dad used to be it when I was little and at first I used to hate the tingly, kinda burning sensation you get when you first put it on, but for where I live, its great. I couldn't ask for a better product. I usually put it on right before I got to bed, and when I wake up in the morning my lips are so nice and moisterized (sp?).

Heiaken

I just today discovered that they sell Carmex here in Finland too! I bought the pot shaped and have to say it's good but the taste is just awfull!

caffn8me

Carmex is the best lip balm I've come across and I love it. I have very dry lips and it's the only thing that seems to soften them for any length of time. I also love the tingling feeling
smiles.gif

I prefer the click stick too but it's very difficult to find here in England (I usually buy them in bulk when I'm in the USA).

kiss

I personally hate carmex. I have only tried the original one with the yellow cap and I am not impressed . It smells gross. I am using it every day right now cause my lips are so chapped and I want to finish it. And it only lasts for a short time. Iam getting Burts bees next as I heard lots of good things about it.

vocaltest

i love carmex. i have 3 tubes in my bag. the cherry one is just awful though, irritates your lips to hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Carmex is my HG lip balm. I just stocked up as it's cheaper stateside than it is in England and we don't get the cherry version, only the original and strawberry.

Is the mint version still sold or have they discontinued that? THAT was my absolute fave!!

Vaseline doesn't moisturise your lips at all, it just leaves a greasy film that sits on them.

we do have the cherry version here! its just the strawberry we don't have. i can't believe how cheap carmex is in the USA, its like $1 and over here its about £2.50!

Dreamergirl3

Wait.

...Wait.

Strawberry Carmex exists?!?! Sorry Cherry but it looks like our love affair is about to be over!

Sayde

I've been a faithful Carmex addict for 12+ years! Back then I think they only had it in the little pots but I hate getting it on my fingers so I switched to the tubes when those came out. I have tubes all over the house & in all my purses, b/c I seriously hate it when my lips dry out. I've heard that they purposely make it addictive--one rumor I heard was that they add fiberglass to kind of rough up your lips & make you want to use it more & more. But it's just a rumor, folks! No way could they get away with that!
The last few tubes I bought seem just a little different to me...I don't know, the smell is different or something. I emailed them to ask about it, and she assured me it's the same formula as always. I guess I'll get over it and adapt.