Carmex--thought it worth mentioning.

CellyCell

Hate to be blunt but Carmex can suck my ass.
It made my dry lips more chapped.

I stick to my MAC Lip Conditioner or whatever that has some gel consistency to it.

sweatpea559

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollydolly
I used carmex every day but my dry lips dont seem to be improving. I've tried vasaline as well but that just felt like i was putting grease on my lips.
I cant even wear lipgloss or lipstick at the moment because it bunches up on the dry bits of my lips and in the cracks and looks disgusting.
Also after ive been wearing lipglass for a while i can literally wipe/rub off the top layer of skin on my lips.
Any ideas what I should try as carmex isnt working?

That happens to me as well. One thing I've found that helps a lot is exfoliating my lips. Since Carmex has Salicylic Acid in it I only use it when I intend to exfoliate my lips. I let is sit for about 10 minutes and then I use a homemade scrub made from honey and brown sugar and scrub away at my lips. I usually do the scrub, then scrub with a washcloth, more scrub, more washcloth etc until my lips are super smooth. Then I just use Burt's Bees (Honey or Bee's Wax) to moisturize and my lips are soft and flake free. You can try doing this a couple of times per week and see if it helps. If not try doing some form of exfoliation on your lips every night and you'll find that they do less peeling on their own the next day.
smiles.gif

MzzRach

I know Carmex works for loads of people, but unfortunately I am not one of them. It actually dries out my lips.

As far as drugstore lip treatments go, Aquaphor ointment is my holy grail.

BRosa

I like Carmex as a lip primer, helps my gloss and l/s last longer. I use the cherry flavored one that comes in a pot and like that it has SPF15. I always have the cherry click stick on my purse.

I do not like the original one, the one for cold sores...no.
yucky.gif

swaly

Carmex is pretty awesome for being medicated/mentholated, but I have found over the years that really thickly textured moisturizers don't in the end actually moisturize as well as thin, easily absorbed lotions/balms. I've switched to Boots' lip balm (they carry the UK drugstore line stateside now, I got mine at Target) because it smells very herb-y and delicious and has a very slick, lightweight texture.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellyCell
Hate to be blunt but Carmex can suck my ass.
It made my dry lips more chapped.

I stick to my MAC Lip Conditioner or whatever that has some gel consistency to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
I know Carmex works for loads of people, but unfortunately I am not one of them. It actually dries out my lips.

As far as drugstore lip treatments go, Aquaphor ointment is my holy grail.

Dried my lips to a flakey mess
ssad.gif

MissResha

yea although i use carmex as a VERY last resort, Cortibalm actual HEALS dry lips. its doc recommended. i just hate how it tastes, but nothing else works like it, and it has hydrocortisone so thats a huge plus.

Timberlynn

I used to use Carmex religiously but then my lips started to dry out more and then I changed to lypsyl and it my new holy grail.