Cetaphil Cleasnser

alien21xx

Overall Rating: 5
Price [Value]: 5
Packaging Quality: 3 - don't really care for the package. It's bulky and not really good for travel.
Would you buy this product again? Yes

General Comments on this product:
iagree.gif
I had really bad, rough skin from a combination of bad genes (pimply dad gosh!), chain smoking and non-usage of sunscreen (absolute NO NO!) I switched my normal Pond's cleanser to Cetaphil after seeing its wonderful effect on my baby brother (he has terrible scaly skin on his back, also the result of bad genes
greengrin.gif
)

It took me about two weeks using this cleanser (and the matching moisturizer) and then I had smoother skin than I'd ever had before. I'm using this cleanser permanently now, though I've changed my moisturizer to some anti-aging stuff. I think this is really great!

Daphne69

Definitely a good cleanser - and the generic brands you see at some of the drugstores are just as good for a little less.

Also, you can make a great scrub with Cetaphil, just mix about a teaspoon of baking soda into about a tablespoon of the cleanser. Scrub as lightly or as firmly as your skin needs or can handle, rinse! Gentle, effective, and economical!

nashoba95

i have roseaca and it helps so much for the redness. so mild it doesn't make my skin react to it. ohhhhhh and the smell is so great! i love it. if they could make a perfume with that smell in it i would love it.
yes.gif
yes.gif

AfricanaEyes

Price [Value]: 3
Packaging Quality: 2, it's a bit big and bulky.
Would you buy this product again? Absolutely!

I love this cleanser. I usually pull it out when my skin is acting a fool. And no matter what condition my dermatitis has left it in, Cetaphil gets it better! It doesn't have an extreme lather but is gentle and has such a clean smell. I have normal/dry skin and it gives me enough moisture. I love it.

rbella

This is the best cleanser. I used to work for a plastic surgeon and we would recommend this to patients after major peels, dermabrasion or laser resurfacing b/c it is so gentle. It doesn't have any ingredients in it that can cause irritation. It is strictly a gentle cleanser. My derm recommended it to me when I was have issues. It is paraben free and paba free. Awesome!!!

Daphne69

i also just found another use for the cetaphil cleanser, for those of you who do the awesome aspirin mask.....typically the mask is crumbly and hard to spread, and falls off your face in pieces as it dries. I have tried adding honey, but didn't like the texture of that either, so the other day I added about a quarter teaspoon of cetaphil - perfect! Made it much smoother, easy to spread, and as it dried it stayed put. Plus, probably cause the ingredients were bound more tightly, there wasn't as much powder fall out so it didn't make me sneeze like it usually does.

Sundae

Hi, I don't have the cleanser but I love love love the lotion. I use this under my make up. I love it because it's non greasy and very light plus a little goes a long way

AmyMarie

I love this product. I bought it for my acne because I was stressing like mad, and when I stress, I break out. I used it everyday, twice a day, and it really helped. My face was almost all clear. The only downside is, it really dried out my face.

Obreathemykiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashoba95
i have roseaca and it helps so much for the redness. so mild it doesn't make my skin react to it. ohhhhhh and the smell is so great! i love it. if they could make a perfume with that smell in it i would love it.
yes.gif
yes.gif

I have it too, thanks to my momma. It really does help with the redness. It leaves my skin nice and refreshed! It's the only thing I can use without suffering from post-break out syndrome! Usually I use a cleanser and a couple days later...here come the bumps! Cetaphil doesn't do it to me. I love how gentle it is since my skin is so sensitive.
winks.gif

eccentric

Price [Value]: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? Always!

I looooove this cleanser! It works great with my combination skin, I am constantly getting compliments and it's all thanks to Cetaphil. Big thumbs up, I have nothing bad to say about this product!

janwa09

I was initially put off with the fact that this cleanser doesn't lather up like other facial cleansers, but then I realized that it's really a good thing because it doesn't dry the skin at all this way. I'm now going to my second gigantic bottle and I'm loving it! I don't have breakouts anymore (usually on my chin) and I don't experience that tightness I usually get after washing my face. And what's good too is that I can even use this as soap for my 5-month old baby as recommended by his pediatrician.....which proves even more that this cleanser is very, very mild.

xiahe

which Cetaphil cleanser is everyone using? the gentle skin one or the daily facial cleanser for normal to oily skin? [i have normal to oily skin so i was thinking about using that one]

and what about a Cetaphil moisturizer for normal to oily skin types???? i'm worried that the one for all skin types will break me out.

darkishstar

I don't use Cetaphil anymore.
I tried using it, and I actually started breaking out. I'm really glad it works for you guys
smiles.gif
, but something about my skin chemistry and Cetaphil just don't click.

Dianora

I use the one for normal to oily skin, since my skin is so shiny and slick by the end of the day. I don't experience any drying, but I DO use a moisturizer day and night. I used to think I had an acne problem, and then I discovered I really have a sensitive skin problem. All the ingredients in the cleansers I'd been using just irritated my skin and made me break out. As soon as I switched to Cetaphil, breakouts reduced 95%.

I agree with the person above who said the bulky bottle is just NOT good for travelling. I wish they'd repackage it.

vandael

I have oily/combination skin but find that the Gentle formula works best for me. Like Heart in Motion, I thought the oily/combo was a little too drying for my face. Cetaphil is basic, yet effective, and comes highly recommended by dermatologists. I used to suffer from moderate acne and I had two different derms recommend this cleanser. After using it, my skin made a complete turnaround. It turns out my skin had been irritated from all different medicated cleansers I was loading up on my face!

There's been many complaints that Cetaphil doesn't lather up enough or completely remove makeup, but I think if you follow it up with an alcohol-free toner you should be fine. I'm a big fan of Nivea Moisturizing toner. I also use a couple drops of cleanser in my aspirin mask (usually 3-4 low coating aspirins) to help it adhere to my face.

The packaging is really bulky. I got the two 20 fl oz bottles with dispensing pumps at Costco on sale for only $14, so I don't mind at all. But whenever I travel I just dispense a bit into a smaller plastic bottle with self-locking pump (found at Target or The Container Store) and I'm good to go.

Smiles7

Cetaphil is absolutely amazing! Yes, it doesn't lather up but it is one of the most effective washes available without a prescription. It works even better along with the moisturizer. I use to get these random breakouts, don't know what the cause is, but after I started using the cleanser and cream (and clearasil's ultra acne scrub once a week) my skin has been clear and seems to look much brighter...definitely a plus since I don't wear foundation unless I'm going out at night.

By the way, for all the cetaphil lovers and those interested in cetaphil, the 16 oz. bottle of the cream and cleanser are on sale for $6.99 at Walgreen's. I just bought 3 of each hehe.

islandblossom

Wow, after reading these review I think I might just have to try it. :] I see it all the time at the store and always just said yeah right. Now I can actually try it.