Chanel Bombay Express Collection June 2012

QueenOfSnark

Thought I'd go ahead and make a new thread since as we get closer to release there will be more discussion.
eyelove.gif

From the Chanel 2011/2012 Paris-Bombay Metiers D'Art Show comes info on this year's "couture" beauty collection Bombay Express. Like last year's Byzance Collection, I'm sure this will be boutique and online only and should be released at the end of June.

Chanel Bombay Express Collection:

• Illusion D'Ombre in Nirvana (matte black)
  • Le Vernis in Diwali (shimmering white-silver-gold)
  • Joues Contraste in Brume D'Or (peachy-bronze. I believe this is a repromote of a long-DC'd shade.)
  • Rouge Coco Shine in Empreinte (muted nude-pink. Think this is actually coming out in May with the Jeans polishes.)
  • Poudre Compacte highlighter in Route des Indes (shimmering white-gold)

Thanks to the blog A Lipstick a Day and Vogue France we can see more a more close-up pic of the highlighter...it reminds me of peacock feathers, or a more golden version of the design from the Holiday 2011 highlighter. Gorgeous, and first-day purchase for sure.

(Click to enlarge. Pics courtesy of A Lipstick a Day and Vogue France. Not affiliated, and I saved these to my comp for my own reference and re-uploaded here.Please give credit to the aforementioned blogs if you're going to use these on your own blog!)

Route de Indes highlighter, Brume D'Or JC

Diwali

Nirvana Illusion D'Ombre

bis

Thanks for starting this. Is it just me or is Nirvana looking like a matte Illusion d'Ombre? It looks very black in the picture above.

QueenOfSnark

Nirvana's supposed to be matte, which makes me wonder when one would typically use it. Do the IdO's make good liners? I guess that's also a good sign that some matte IdO's will be coming along later as well.

Then again the June couture collections are hardly about "wearable" makeup.
lol.gif

Winthrop44

Same for me...and that's if it shows up on pigmented lips and if it really comes out with this collection instead of with the polishes in May.
smiles.gif

QueenOfSnark

I personally think Empreinte's not really part of the Bombay Express collection, but was just used during the show. Byzance had four unique items, and if you remove Empreinte you get four unique items this year as well (Diwali, Brume D'Or, Route des Indes, Nirvana). I saw the pamphlet for the May mini collection and Empreinte's definitely part of it, along with the jeans polishes and a few more Cocos and Shines.

Rinstar

I am definitely getting Nirvana, I like to use matte blacks for really dramatic smokey eyes. I'll also probably get the RCS and Diwali.

QueenOfSnark

My own list thus far is:

• Brume D'Or JC
  • Route des Indes highlighter
  • Diwali np

I don't wear smokey eyes enough to justify getting Nirvana, and Empreinte would be much too light on me.

Miss QQ

A matte black illusion d'ombre is just like charcoal or carbon. lol the thought of smearing coal on my eyelids strangely excites me.

etre

Chanel always has such pretty designs on their LE highlighters. Looks like this one's not an exception.

Haven

I want the nail polish and the JC. I may want the shine, but I will wait for more pics to decide. I am going to try to resist the highlighter. I would only use the black illusion d'ombre as a liner, so that will be a skip for me.

SugarRush

Hi!! I'm new here :)

I'm totally getting the nail polish, the JC and maybe the highlighter, I'll wait for swatches.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'd LIKE to get Diwali, route des Indes and Nirvana- I'd love to have a super-deep black to use as a base or on its own. Blackground is nice, but it's more a gunmetal shade and it doesn't blend terribly well. Plus mine's starting to dry out... Of course, the problem is that I live about a five hour drive from the nearest proper Chanel boutique. Maybe if I call them, I could get them to ship it to me.

bis

Just bumping this since it's getting closer. I may be changing my mind on Diwali. :angel:
June already? When will you guys then get the fall look? I still like the look of Divali, but it looks a bit like a mix of Delight and Graphite? Or is that the jealous part of me talking, annoyed that we will not get this ;)

Winthrop44

I agree -- that's exactly what I like about it bis. Delight is too warm for me and Graphite too cool and I got rid of both.