Chanel Bombay Express Collection June 2012

Ikram

oh, I love this

for me JC, nail polish for sure

will decide on the highlighter since the price will be for sure above the top.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
OK, I guess the powder IS a highlighter/poudre compact and not an eyeshadow. Sorry for the confusion.
blush-anim-cl.gif

I would be interested in Diwali n/p, I skipped Delight too. But I doubt we'll get the collection in Germany.
shrugs.gif

Winthrop44

Nothing to be
blush-anim-cl.gif
about! Thanks for finding the link and for reminding us about this collection. This thread was waaaay down and probably most people had forgotten all about it. I sure did.

QueenOfSnark

I think I'm pretty much going to skip this collection. Horrifying, I know.
icon_eek.gif
Since I just started a new job though I'm being reeealllyyy conservative with my purchases, and there's nothing here that I can't dupe in my stash as is.

*'Course all bets are off with the new RAs being released in the fall.

Miss QQ

Congrats, QoS! I'm curious to see Diwali too. I have Graphite and I like it. I don't like Delight, I have decided to pass it. It has a pink cast to it and didn't call out to me.

Anitacska

I've just remembered this one, that gold powder and the nail polish will be mine. Does anyone know when it's coming out in the UK and whether it will be a Harrods exclusive or Selfridges exclusive? I need to get my hands on them, lol.

nudibelle

Just nailpolish for me Greens red oranges..colors would scream India too me A good green liner would have been amazing with the golds an neutrals

cutemiauw

Dang I want the nail polish! I think it'll suit me better than Island... although I already got Island. Oh wait, Europe will not get this collection? Oh well then, money saved
tong.gif

QoS - congrats on the new job!

Anitacska

It will be available in the UK from Selfrdiges and Chanel Boutiques. Just trying to find out when and whether it'll be online as well.

Dang I want the nail polish! I think it'll suit me better than Island... although I already got Island. Oh wait, Europe will not get this collection? Oh well then, money saved
tong.gif

QoS - congrats on the new job!

cutemiauw

^^ Ah okay, good to know :). I have a couple of Chanel boutiques nearby... well not completely nearby but Berlin definitely has a couple of them :D. I'll go and check them out in June then. Thanks for the heads up!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'd forgotten about this one! I'm very curious about Diwali. I'm wondering if Nirvana would make a good base for smoky looks. I usually use Mac's Blackground... Then again, this seems a bit pricey to use just as a base, and I don't really see myself sporting a matte black all-over shadow look anytime soon.

I'm not even sure we'll get this one. We didn't get Byzance last year, so I suspect we won't, at least not in Montreal.

QueenOfSnark

Thanks for all the well-wishes everyone!
th_hug.gif

So I totally forgot the Brume D'Or JC that's being released in this collection. Do I need it? I'm kinda close in skin tone to the Bombay Express model here, but not as red/a little more yellow in tone. Will BdO even show up on me? How does it compare to Fandango?

I might spring for Diwali too--I got Miami Peach through a swap recently and was impressed with Chanel's formula. I think Diwali will be one of those rare colors not so easily duped.

Ah, who am I kidding, I might cave and get the highlighting powder too, it's just too pretty to pass up. >_> Texture will really be a determining factor, as I have a ton of gold highlighters--I'm like Gold Member when it comes to highlighters. If it's buttery soft (and NOT $80) it'll be a day 1 purchase.

QueenOfSnark

^LOL that it is! As excited as I'm getting for this though I may just get Diwali after all. After using MMU for so many months I wore one of my JCs today and had a pimple on my cheek by the end of the day. :/ I may have to purge my stash of ALL non-MMU except for eyeshadows and lippies.

Winthrop44

Oh that's too bad. Have you tried comparing to see if you have reactions with BOTH the baked and the US JCs? You might be able to keep whatever you have of one or the other formula? I've been purging my baked ones for the same reason, and Horizon doesn't agree with my skin either.