Chanel Eyeshadows

Bella Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Taupe Grise is really unique. I don't have a dupe in my vast collection.
smiles.gif

I was afraid of that! It looks so pretty. I have a slight problem with wanting every variation of brown eyeshadow that I see.

euphrosyne_rose

Since I have no Chanel close to me in either direction, I just ordered Murano online from Macy's since I had a credit anyway. I can't wait to try this out!! I love greens and just haven't come across one that I've been truly happy with. I look forward to seeing what the texture is like on these. This is my first one!!

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
Since I have no Chanel close to me in either direction, I just ordered Murano online from Macy's since I had a credit anyway. I can't wait to try this out!! I love greens and just haven't come across one that I've been truly happy with. I look forward to seeing what the texture is like on these. This is my first one!!

Good luck! I can't wait to hear what you think since I haven't seen nor tried this quad myself.

bis

Quote:

Let me know if you like it. It's on my list as well.
smiles.gif

missanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid

I actually just discovered that 2 of the shades in Winter Nights are excellent dupes for NARS Rajasthan. I did swatches but then when I went to take pics my batteries were dead and I was on my way out the door. The pigmentation on the dark greeny shade is WAY better in the Winter Nights quad too. I may get rid of my recently aquired NARS duo for that reason. I'd given up on NARS shadows before but after all the hype with Rajasthan I gave it another go.

Thanks for the info. Winter Nights has been on my list forever. I too was sucked into to Rajasthan hype. I love the champagne color but the green isn't as pigmented as I hoped, still a nice duo though. I'm going to give Winter Nights a try, I'm sure it'll meet my expectations.

Miss QQ

I've seen Stage Lights before at the counters. It is an old quad, I think. Not much help here. If I get to play with it at the counter this weekend, I will report back.
smiles.gif

Almus

It is not on the spanish web, but since I don't trust it anymore, I'll look for it next time I'll go to the counter (probably, this afternoon).

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Is anyone familiar with the Stage Lights quad?

Chanel Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow Stage Lights 51

I think it was available in the US at one time but is now Asia-exclusive (may be currently available in Europe too, I'm not sure). I'm wondring how it is pigment-wise, etc.

I remember looking at it very hard when it came out a while ago, but I do not remember specifics or why I did not buy it.
Not available via web here either, same as Almus said.

mrslid

Quote:
Originally Posted by missanne
Thanks for the info. Winter Nights has been on my list forever. I too was sucked into to Rajasthan hype. I love the champagne color but the green isn't as pigmented as I hoped, still a nice duo though. I'm going to give Winter Nights a try, I'm sure it'll meet my expectations.

I'm so glad I could help. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Can't wait to hear what you think
winks.gif

stv578

Quote:
I don't have any Chanel anything at the moment but I have considered it. How do you ladies feel about the quality, colors, payoff, etc compared to say, Dior shadows? I've had a few Dior quads and found alot of the colors in them to be almost too shimmery, though the colors are pretty. Thoughts?

I have a few quints from Dior, and quite a few quads from Chanel. The thing is, Dior does iridescent like no other, and the shadows are buttery soft and blend really well. But... most of my Dior shadows crease quite a bit over the day, some too much so. I have the baked Euro version of the Chanel quads, as that is what we get here in Canada. Sometimes I find them to be a bit harder to blend than Dior shadows, because they aren't as soft. However, once on, they stay put pretty well through the day with very little creasing. I can't comment on the U.S. shadows, yet! I also adore the shimmer in Chanel shadows.

Quote:

I think it was available in the US at one time but is now Asia-exclusive (may be currently available in Europe too, I'm not sure). I'm wondring how it is pigment-wise, etc.

That looks extremely purple!

Almus

Quote:

So I visit the counter this morning and the lady told me she didn't know about it being sold in here. It's truly a shame cause it seems absolutely gorgeus
noworry.gif

On the other hand I was not able to resist and I've bought Magic Night e/s. I haven't tried it in my eyes yet cause we are not going out today (I am not feeling very good, I've attacked by a very very bad headache
cry.gif
)
Anyway I tried it on my arm all alone, with some primer (I used MAC's paint in Bare Canvas) and with Shiseido's hydropower e/s H4 (soft burgundy with a bit of green irisdescent shimmer) under it. It's going to be a great colour for fall but I have to work a bit more on the perfect combo for me
yes.gif

I made some swatches of my arm with those combinations if someone is interested
cutey.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
So I visit the counter this morning and the lady told me she didn't know about it being sold in here. It's truly a shame cause it seems absolutely gorgeus
noworry.gif

On the other hand I was not able to resist and I've bought Magic Night e/s. I haven't tried it in my eyes yet cause we are not going out today (I am not feeling very good, I've attacked by a very very bad headache
cry.gif
)
Anyway I tried it on my arm all alone, with some primer (I used MAC's paint in Bare Canvas) and with Shiseido's hydropower e/s H4 (soft burgundy with a bit of green irisdescent shimmer) under it. It's going to be a great colour for fall but I have to work a bit more on the perfect combo for me
yes.gif

I made some swatches of my arm with those combinations if someone is interested
cutey.gif

I went through the Dillard's in my mall today and happened across the Chanel counter that I never knew was there before! I don't remember seeing that particular quad, and really, I think there were only about 6 on display. There were quite a few empty places. I have to say I'm very intrigued by the sound of the Shiseido color you used. I'd love to see swatches of that and the Chanel you used with it.
greengrin.gif

Almus

Quote:
I went through the Dillard's in my mall today and happened across the Chanel counter that I never knew was there before! I don't remember seeing that particular quad, and really, I think there were only about 6 on display. There were quite a few empty places. I have to say I'm very intrigued by the sound of the Shiseido color you used. I'd love to see swatches of that and the Chanel you used with it.
greengrin.gif

Hello!

You can check a very good swatch (as always!) at Karlasugar's blog for the Shiseido e/s I was talking about. Here it is the direct link: Shiseido Hydropowder eyeshadow - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

I only have H4 one and I am very happy with it. It is very buildable so I wear it on its own (always with some primer because of my super oily lids) and some plum/brown liner or as a second e/s base in order to boost the red subtones in certain e/s. Yesterday I felt sort of creative myself and decided to make a killer-eyes smoky look just to stay at home
lol.gif
lol.gif
. I put Shisedo's H4 a bit "thick" on the eyelid (I don't know if that makes sense, but you know I used quite a bit more product than usual to really achieve the red wine / burgundy colour of the cream e/s). Then I added Chanel's Magic Night over it and a bit upper on the crease. Just to finish, I blended a bit of MAC's Star violet on the crease, to make a soft transition between my skin and Chanel's e/s and darkened the outer corner of my eye with MAC's Carbon. After that black khol and black mascara and I was ready to rock the sofa!
yahoo.gif

If I do that seriously again to go out, I'll take some pictures and post them around.

mrslid

/\ /\ so are there pics?? I'd love to see this look! Sounds lovely and I'm so intrigued by Magic Night now.

mrslid

Does anyone have any tips for using Chanel shadows wet? I know they are supposes to be wet/dry shadows but how do you use then wet. The only time I've really only tried to line with wet shadow. How would you do a whole eye wet? How would you blend? So you use the same brushes? I would like to try a whole eye wet with Stupendous since I'm not happy with the pigmentation and the Holiday quad looks gorgeous wet but how does Chanel suggest you do it?

Latest posts