Chanel Eyeshadows

purrtykitty

I would get some shadow on your brush, then spray your brush with a diluted glycerin spray (like MAC Fix+) and apply the shadow(s) where you want on your lids. Wet eye shadow is blendable even after it dries, just use a nice, fluffy blending brush.

You'll want to avoid dipping your wet brush into your shadow pan because some eye shadows will harden and become virtually unusable. Plus, water transfers bacteria and will contaminate powder shadows, which on their own don't usually become contaminated because they are a dry product.

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almus
Hello!

You can check a very good swatch (as always!) at Karlasugar's blog for the Shiseido e/s I was talking about. Here it is the direct link: Shiseido Hydropowder eyeshadow - The Next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself

I only have H4 one and I am very happy with it. It is very buildable so I wear it on its own (always with some primer because of my super oily lids) and some plum/brown liner or as a second e/s base in order to boost the red subtones in certain e/s. Yesterday I felt sort of creative myself and decided to make a killer-eyes smoky look just to stay at home
lol.gif
lol.gif
. I put Shisedo's H4 a bit "thick" on the eyelid (I don't know if that makes sense, but you know I used quite a bit more product than usual to really achieve the red wine / burgundy colour of the cream e/s). Then I added Chanel's Magic Night over it and a bit upper on the crease. Just to finish, I blended a bit of MAC's Star violet on the crease, to make a soft transition between my skin and Chanel's e/s and darkened the outer corner of my eye with MAC's Carbon. After that black khol and black mascara and I was ready to rock the sofa!
yahoo.gif

If I do that seriously again to go out, I'll take some pictures and post them around.

Thanks!! From what I saw of the swatches, what you did sounds really gorgeous. I have green eyes so I think that would be an awesome combo for me and I might use that this coming weekend. I have a bridal shower I'm hosting (I'm the MOH) and then later that night we're all going out so I would love to try that look.
choochoo.gif

Almus

So I transfered the pics I took from the iPhone to the computer and I have to admit neither the light nor the quality of the pic are amazing, so I am sorry if these are not really helpful.

Top to bottom: RA Incognito (82), Magic Night over Shiseido's H4, Magig Night over clean skin (NW20 for reference).
img0681h.jpg

In this second one, the colours seem a bit more intense:
img0680xi.jpg

karester

So I am considering getting my first quad and I don't know which to choose. I can't decide between: Kaska Beige, Demure, and Mystic Eyes. I've been trying to look for comparison swatches and I can't find any.

What do you guys suggest?

euphrosyne_rose

I got my Murano quad in yesterday and I love it!! I swatched everything immediately again and the colors have such a buttery, creamy texture to them. I think my favorite was the dark green and the sort of grayish green color. All of them were gorgeous though. I plan on trying it out tomorrow. This is probably the start of alot of purchases!!
tong.gif

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by karester
So I am considering getting my first quad and I don't know which to choose. I can't decide between: Kaska Beige, Demure, and Mystic Eyes. I've been trying to look for comparison swatches and I can't find any.

Hopefully one of the other ladies can help. I only have Kaska, which I like but I think the other gals really liked Mystic Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
I got my Murano quad in yesterday and I love it!! I swatched everything immediately again and the colors have such a buttery, creamy texture to them. I think my favorite was the dark green and the sort of grayish green color. All of them were gorgeous though. I plan on trying it out tomorrow. This is probably the start of alot of purchases!!
tong.gif

Uh oh
lol.gif
I'm so glad you love it!

mrslid

Quote:
tong.gif

That's great!! I can't wait to hear what you think after you try them on. It could be the start of an expensive addiction
choochoo.gif

Quote:

I don't have Demure but I have Mystic Eyes and Kaska. I LOVE both. Kaska is really outstanding but it is more of a smokey eyed look. The colours are darker in that quad than most. Mystic is very versatile. They are both excellent choices. Just a matter of what you think you'd get more use out of. I can try to swatch both for you tonight if I get time.

Here are some swatches:

http://karlasugar.net/wp-content/upl...and-polish.jpg

http://karlasugar.net/wp-content/upl...g-1-Medium.jpg

Oh and I LOVE these pics!

The Beauty Look Book: All-In-One Convenience with Chanel Quadra Eye Shadows

Camnagem

Quote:

I don't have Demure or Kaska, but I do have and love Mystic Eyes! I think it would be a great choice for your first quad as it's such a great palette for an everyday eye but so easy to transform into a night look.

The Kaska Beige quad has been on my list for a while, but I'm just afraid it will pull way too warm on me and look off.
th_dunno.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrslid
That's great!! I can't wait to hear what you think after you try them on. It could be the start of an expensive addiction
choochoo.gif

So true!! I've alrealdy seen a few online that I want if I can find them. They were listed on that one discount site someone had posted a link for awhile back. I can't remember if you posted it or not. Some of them were listed as refills I think so I'm curious about that as well. I know some were testers on the site but I am pretty sure some said "refill".

purrtykitty

Quote:
So true!! I've alrealdy seen a few online that I want if I can find them. They were listed on that one discount site someone had posted a link for awhile back. I can't remember if you posted it or not. Some of them were listed as refills I think so I'm curious about that as well. I know some were testers on the site but I am pretty sure some said "refill".

I don't know about "refill"...I don't think the quad base pops out. I'm pretty sure they mean testers (like tester refills).

mrslid

Ombre D'Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows?? The new holiday one has me intrigued. Any opinions on these. What are they like. Do they work as bases? How do you use yours?

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I don't know about "refill"...I don't think the quad base pops out. I'm pretty sure they mean testers (like tester refills).

That's what I thought. When I got my Murano yesterday I didn't think it looked like it would pop out. A tester might not be so bad to sort of hack the price down a bit but then it wouldn't come in the pretty Chanel compact...
nope.gif

bis

Quote:
tong.gif

Ah, you are killing me
winks.gif

I had the quad today in my hands and wanted to buy, but instead I bought the Guerlain Meteorites.
yes.gif
They looked soo nice on my skin and since the MCP was a bust for me....
Wondering if me and Murano are meant to be....

Miss QQ

Enjoy your meteorites! They look so pretty even in the container! Murano makes stunning, dramatic greyish green eye makeup on me. If you like that, you need Murano. The pigmentation is very good. Some say that the quad has very strong blue tones. On me it is greyish green.

Quote:
Ombre D'Eau Fluid Iridescent Eyeshadows?? The new holiday one has me intrigued. Any opinions on these. What are they like. Do they work as bases? How do you use yours?

I have three of them. I just dab them on my lids and spread all over my lid. They are very shimmery, so try to apply less higher up the lid area as it can look too frosty. Then I apply my e/s over them. I used them for a while and stopped, but now I'm back to using them again. They make the e/s pop and shimmer! I have to use them over primer, if not they crease badly.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Enjoy your meteorites! They look so pretty even in the container! Murano makes stunning, dramatic greyish green eye makeup on me. If you like that, you need Murano. The pigmentation is very good. Some say that the quad has very strong blue tones. On me it is greyish green.

The meteorites are beautiful, they make my skin glow and look so perfect. They are what I wanted the MCP to be like.

Thanks for your feedback on Murano, after what you wrote I will get it.
yes.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Ah, you are killing me
winks.gif

I had the quad today in my hands and wanted to buy, but instead I bought the Guerlain Meteorites.
yes.gif
They looked soo nice on my skin and since the MCP was a bust for me....
Wondering if me and Murano are meant to be....

angelic.gif
LOL. If you love greens, this is the one to go for. I've been disappointed lately in MAC's greens and that's part of the reason why this caught my eye. The texture is amazing. As for the Meteorites, I've debated for months over getting them, especially when they are supposed to jazz up your complexion. I don't find mine to be awful but something to amp it up a bit is always welcome. Now I want to jump on the Meteorite bandwagon even more!!!
graucho.gif

mrslid

I just can't get into the Meteorites. I've gone to get them a couple times and then when I swatch them and see the sparkles I change my mind.

mrslid

All the talk of Magic Night had me wanting to order it but now looking at a lot of online swatches it seem quite brown in a lot of them. I'm really looking for a dark plum...what I wanted the dark shade in Stupdendous to be but wasn't :-( Is it pretty brown or does it show as a rich plum?

bis

Quote:
angelic.gif
LOL. If you love greens, this is the one to go for. I've been disappointed lately in MAC's greens and that's part of the reason why this caught my eye. The texture is amazing. As for the Meteorites, I've debated for months over getting them, especially when they are supposed to jazz up your complexion. I don't find mine to be awful but something to amp it up a bit is always welcome. Now I want to jump on the Meteorite bandwagon even more!!!
graucho.gif

I give up, I will definitely pick it up now. Love smokey eyes and green, so it should have been easy. But I never know what to do with pink eyeshadows and Chanel so likes to add them to quads.... But the other three colours are simply great.
Sorry about reminding you of the Meteorites
graucho.gif
And I was looking for the exact same thing as you.

Quote:
I just can't get into the Meteorites. I've gone to get them a couple times and then when I swatch them and see the sparkles I change my mind.

I got the pressed ones in 01 Mythic Parfait and also tried the balls. The MA told me that they recently changed the formula, so the loose ones are less glittery. And she also told me it depends on the colour. She also told me not to get the travel version, as it makes you look like a glitter ball.
There is definitely some shimmer, like w/ the MCP, but not glitter, at least on my skin.

Back to topic, did anyone of you get the Christmas quad? Would you say it is a very warm quad?