Chanel Eyeshadows

Camnagem

I found this while randomly searching for Ombre Essentielle eyeshadow swatches and had to share:

http://mylipsbutbetter.com/2010/09/chanel-ombre-essentielle-eyeshadow/

Great swatches...and even more stuff added to my wish list.
lol.gif

ETA: Updated Link.

ThePowderPuff

I want to try some Chanel Quads. Please help with recs.

I hae just gotten my first Chanel Quad in a swap. What a dissapointment. All light glittery colours with no payoff. It was the Stage Lights.

So now I am looking for better options for me. I want a quad that's pigmented and with good payoff. Also I prefer a quad with a combination of mattes and shimmery. All shimmer is not my thing. I also like colour combos that are a bit off and not just 4 different versions of the same colour. Unless they're are just wonderfull like Beige de Chanel, if you know what I mean.

Any recs?

mrslid

For a great pigmented not too shimmery quad try Kaska Beige! If you go to the thread on here about eyeshadows you will see us all talking about or faves ;-)

Camnagem

Mystic Eyes! It's always the first quad I'll recommend to just about anyone. It's pigmented, has a lower level of shimmer, and it's versatile for day and night looks. Enigma is also a huge favorite of mine, but it has more shimmer.

mrslid

Yup Mystic Eyes is one of my favourites and only one of the shades is on the sparkly side. I was unhappy in the pigmentation in my Enigma quad and it's the only quad I've ever swapped away but there are so many on here the LOVE it so Im going to give it another try or maybe try the euro version.

Winter Nights is another fabulously pigmented quad with a wide variety of colours that isn't overly shimmery.

shopaholic18

what is your top 5 chanel single eyeshadows?...

i only have 2 and thats sillage and safari,so far im lovng them both and need to buy at least 5 more...any more recs for nc3 0 with dark brown eyes?...TIA

shopaholic18

i only have

quads : mystic eyes, kaska beige, murano and enigma

singles : sillage and safari

im very impressed with how buttery soft their shadows are and very easy to blend...will probably buy 5 more singles this weekend but figuring out just yet what to get...on my list though is magic night, cinammon, trace, amethyst and sand...any more recs for nc 30 with dark brown eyes...tia

lunadestella

I'm getting Amethyst for Christmas. I've wanted it all year long and my sweet mom took me to the Chanel counter to let me pick out my gift. I LOVE Amethyst. It's my first single eyeshadow so far from Chanel and I can't wait to play with it. I have my eyes on Black Star, Magic Night, Heather Rose and Bambou too.

pond23

I have medium golden brown eyes, and my favorite Chanel singles include: Amethyst, Sillage, Fizz (disc.), Abricot (disc.), Vanilla, Heather Rose, Taupe Grise, Vert Khaki, Khaki, Sand, Slate. I have Safari and Magic Night on my wish list.

lunadestella

How does Heather Rose look on you? Do you like it?
I have medium golden brown eyes, and my favorite Chanel singles include: Amethyst, Sillage, Fizz (disc.), Abricot (disc.), Vanilla, Heather Rose, Taupe Grise, Vert Khaki, Khaki, Sand, Slate. I have Safari and Magic Night on my wish list.

pond23

I really like Heather Rose. It is not a very exciting unique shade, but it is flattering and elegant. The color is a medium dusty rose (no shimmer or sheen), and I use it as an allover lid color. It is less jarring than a pink shade on my MAC NC15 / Chanel 0.5/1.0 skin tone. It goes beautifully with greys, plums, purples, mauves.

MaryJane

Does anyone know if the Dunes quad is similar to Winter Nights? In some pics they look the same and it's imposible to tell from the swatches on the Chanel site. I've been reading lots of good things about Winter Nights but I already have Dunes so if they are close I may have to pass. Thanks

bis

Thanks to all of you who recommended Murano to me. I wore it yesterday over Pixie Epoxy, with NARS Sex Machine on the cheek and Magnolia on the lips and later Byzantine. I :love: the quad and the things it does with my eye colour. Thanks again for recommending it :sheep: :love:

Shypo

Can anyone compare Island and Liberty?
Hi Winthrop - Island has just the teensiest bit more pink in it. Liberty is a 'true' champagne color, and has more sheen than Island.

Hope that helps - either one is a great highlight/inner corner-type of shadow, or used to blend an all-over look.

Miss QQ

Thanks, Cheryl. I wanted Liberty for a long time but didn't buy it. Is it frosty? Is the sheen very obvious, like mac's Shore Leave? Shore Leave has this odd sheen and I can't wear it as a highlight on my brow bones. It looks too strange.

strix

I've decided to try Chanel e/s for the first time...I'm going to get three. I have pale, neutral skin and greenish gray eyes-- am thinking of Liberty, Safari, and either Taupe Gris or Vert Khaki. Do y'all think those are good basics to have as a start?