Chanel Eyeshadows

Camnagem

I just responded in the other thread and mentioned a few of these, so I'd say yes on 3 of your choices for sure (I don't have the 4th)!

Liberty is the shade I don't own yet (it's on my long list of things to get), but I have Safari, Taupe Gris and Vert Khaki and I really like all of them. Safari and Taupe Gris make a great taupe combo together, and I like wearing Vert Khaki with Khaki. I tend to like more cool toned neutrals (and I have a love affair with taupes) so I'd say that Safari and Taupe Gris are my favorites, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of the shades you asked about.

strix

Thanks, Camnagem! I appreciate your recommendations. I can't wait for my next trip to the Chanel counter. :)

Miss QQ

I wore Taupe-Delicat for the first time today and I like it. It is a nice and easy neutral look, and the two colours are enough, I don't need a third shade. I didn't use any base, only eye shadow primer, and it is pigmented!

Camnagem

Yay! I'm so glad you liked the duo Miss QQ!

I love it so much! For me it's such an easy no-brainer when I'm in a hurry or need something more subtle. Add to that the fact that it just looks great and it's pretty hard to beat. Easy and fast and it looks fab? Big time winner!

bis

FYI, I saw Liberty today in the clearance bin section at my Chanel counter. It goes out of their colour range, but I cannot say if it was specific to them, to Europe or Chanel in general. They even had a Genie left.

strix

Does anybody have the Spices quad? I searched the thread and nothing came up. Just curious if anybody has it and likes it. I want to try a quad with warm, wearable colors. Demure looks nice too.

Shypo

MissQQ - sorry it took me so long to respond - hadn't been over to this thread in awhile. Liberty is a bit on the frosty side - if you don't like Shore Leave, you may not like Liberty. But I would also say the texture is different. But yes, it is shimmery. I'm glad you like the Taupe/Delicat duo - it is really a great one. And I love Delicat as a base shade for other things too. I'll use it up long before Taupe......

Strix, I have the Spices quad - it's very pretty and wearable. If I ever get the memory card for my camera back from my son, I'll take a photo for you (and one of Liberty for you MissQQ!).

Miss QQ

Thanks, Cheryl! Yes, Delicat makes a great base. It looks so gorgeous, even in the pan, with the ultra fine shimmer.

Winthrop44

^^ I wish they sold Delicat separately! Not that I don't like Taupe, because I do, but like Cheryl I will use it up much sooner. Maybe that's Chanel's plan tho! lol

Shypo

iagree.gif
To me it seems to have a different formula than their single shadows. I've never found another shadow quite like it, but I'm always on the hunt. I love the very very tiny little sparklys like MissQQ.
yes.gif

Miss QQ

I agree, the formula is different from the single e/s or the quads. If you find it, let us know!

strix

I made up my mind to get Spices, but went to Nordstrom and they were sold out. Good thing it's not limited edition. I loved the Ombres Perlees palette too but I think that the dark/cool colors wouldn't look good on me. Gorgeous though.

Strix, I have the Spices quad - it's very pretty and wearable. If I ever get the memory card for my camera back from my son, I'll take a photo for you (and one of Liberty for you MissQQ!).

Miss QQ

Spices is always in my list! I was attracted to Sparkling Satins, a perm quad, when I was at the counter the other day. The colours are very sparkly!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I just picked up my first Chanel eye shadow last week- Khaki Vert- and I'm totally in love with the formula, so buttery and soft with great payoff. I'm looking at other colours to get... Think of Safari and Bamboo, which look lovely. Any recommendations for unique colours that would look good on NC15 skin?

User38

I agree katred.. I love the khaki vert...and it was my most recent single es purchase (Chanel)..I do have several of the duos and the quads .. and I love them all. The quality is incomparable.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I agree katred.. I love the khaki vert...and it was my most recent single es purchase (Chanel)..I do have several of the duos and the quads .. and I love them all. The quality is incomparable.

It's funny, because The Great Enabler was with me when I picked this one up and he commented as we were leaving that he really gets the difference between high end cosmetics and others, that you pay for quality.
heart.gif
My Valentine understands Chanel...

Having dipped my toe in these waters, though, I'm afraid I'm in the mood to dive...