Chanel Glosses - ALL

versace

does anyone have extrait de gloss in genie??is it similar to mac sock hop?what it reminds you of?

Bonitinha

does anyone have extrait de gloss in genie??is it similar to mac sock hop?what it reminds you of?

Christine at Temptalia just did a review of Genie -- here is a link to her blog post: http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-rouge-allure-extrait-de-gloss-review-photos-swatches-part-2#more-26983

fieran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
^^The Rouge Allure Extrait Collection.

I need to try these. From what I have heard, these are replacing the Aqualumiere glosses, correct? I have 3 of those, and I like the colours, but the wear is not long at all. I am hoping this new formula has much better wear.
From what KarenMBB said, Aqualumieres are being phased out (http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/product-reviews/chanel-rouge-allure-goes-extrait-de-gloss/).

I have never tried Chanel lip glosses but after she said that I got the bf to pick up Aqualumiere in Freeze for the fun of it - just to try it on. It's quite nice but it doesn't last for more than 2 hours on me - then again lipstick/lipgloss never last long on me so I'm not against reapplying.

Bonitinha

Here are my glosses that came in the Holiday lip kit. I forgot to take a pic with the Chanel Beaute patent black bag they came in (so cute). It also came with a lip liner and sharpener. Muscat on the left and Wild Rose on the right. I didn't capture at all how pretty Muscat is. I LOVE it -- a gorgeous pink nude. I really wish it was perm. I would buy a backup in a second if I ever saw it again. Wild Rose is a pretty plum pink on me with the most gorgeous shimmer.

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb435/treschicmama1/Chanel/DSCN1571.jpg

Winthrop44

I think Muscat was originally part of an Asia/Europe-exclusive collection called the Beiges Collection (around 2006?) and was later a Nordstrom exclusive here, I think for summer 2009, but I'm not positive about the timing. You might try calling a Nordies counter to see if anyone can track down a back-up for you. It was still on the Nordies web site as of this past summer but not now.

Looking at the Genie review on Temptalia just reminds me that I don't understand why Confidence isn't permanent! lol

lunadestella

Confidence is one of the best colors I've ever seen on me. It works really well with my sister too. Just got the last one at my Chanel counter -- both a very happy and sad moment for me because now I don't know what to do when I need a back-up. I really wish Chanel would make it perm.

Winthrop44

I saw Confidence still on Nordies online the other day. Maybe they still have it if you want to buy another.

lunadestella

Sorry if this has be posted before but I was looking on Chanel's site and they're going to be discontinuing Nebula!

That's my favorite glossimer. Why would they do this
cry.gif

Miss QQ

I still remember trying on Nebula when it was just released. It has a beautiful purple-pink/blue duochrome. I never bought it. Can you stock up? Hopefully Chanel will come out with something similar.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I still remember trying on Nebula when it was just released. It has a beautiful purple-pink/blue duochrome. I never bought it. Can you stock up? Hopefully Chanel will come out with something similar.

thud.gif

I finally had a look at some of the Chanel glosses today and I definitely want a couple of the RA Extrait de Gloss, but I also fell in love with the Myriade Glossimer. That said, I didn't see anything that matched this description. God help me if I do...

lunadestella

Hey Miss QQ -- Yes, that's the one! It's sooo beautiful on too. I was thinking about getting one more just to be safe. Hate to see this one go. It'll always be my favorite lipgloss.

Katred -- You have to get Nebula. It's exactly how Miss QQ described. It's otherworldly on the lips! :D

Miss QQ

Have any of you noticed your glossimers have a slight sweet scent after a while? The glossimers are supposed to be scent and taste free, but recently I noticed a few of my glossimers having a sweet scent. At first, I thought that they are probably contaminated by my lipsticks as I applied them directly with the doe foot. However, I took out a brand new glossimer which I bought 2 years ago for fall and I detected a faint sweet scent. I find it quite odd. Good thing they are tasteless still.

LMD84

Have any of you noticed your glossimers have a slight sweet scent after a while? The glossimers are supposed to be scent and taste free, but recently I noticed a few of my glossimers having a sweet scent. At first, I thought that they are probably contaminated by my lipsticks as I applied them directly with the doe foot. However, I took out a brand new glossimer which I bought 2 years ago for fall and I detected a faint sweet scent. I find it quite odd. Good thing they are tasteless still.
oh that is very random. i smelled my one (only 2 weeks old) and that has no scent.

Bonitinha

How strange MissQQ -- I haven't noticed a scent yet with my glossimers. . . now I'll be sniffing them to see lol :)

Latest posts