Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

mrslid

Thanks! I'll try. I have been eyeing it and it was one I was considering ordering but for whatever reason I ended up deciding on those two.

elegant-one

After the craziness this weekend, I'm lucky my mind is working at all :)

I hope we love it. Ballet Russe is featured in one of the new magazines I just bought! Can't remember which one - I'll have to look it up. So is the new Chanel we are all waiting for. I'll post pics of that today.

mrslid

WOW!! I love NM! I just placed that order Friday and it just arrived! I'm in Canada. That is crazy to get free next day shipping to Canada!

Ballet Russe looks scary LOL Haven't tried it yet ;-) I love Rouge Orage. I'm pretty excited because it looks like it will be the Chanel replacement for my MAC Hot Tahiti that I've been looking for. I'll have to check when I get home.

elegant-one

WOW!! I love NM! I just placed that order Friday and it just arrived! I'm in Canada. That is crazy to get free next day shipping to Canada!

Ballet Russe looks scary LOL Haven't tried it yet ;-) I love Rouge Orage. I'm pretty excited because it looks like it will be the Chanel replacement for my MAC Hot Tahiti that I've been looking for. I'll have to check when I get home.

Wow, that really is fast!

Don't let the color in the tube scare you. Pat your finger onto the lipstick & then push/pat it into your lips for a beautiful almost stain affect. Or, just use a very very light pat coat from the tube onto just your bottom lip, & then smoosh your lips together. Either should give you a soft look.

User38

you could also use the Chanel concealer brush to spread the colour more evenly -- finely sheered out.
2cents.gif
this is what I do cause I try so many lipsticks sometimes it is a pain to be sheering out with fingers -- although they are perfectly fine.

Winthrop44

I'm wearing my Ballet Russe today! lol Don't be scared mrslid, just do what elegant or HerGreyness said - I actually tap, tap, tap it on and then even it out with my finger - however you get there you'll be surprised at how it looks sheered out.

Miss QQ

I've swatched Ballet Russe and was scared by how dark it looked too.

Enjoy your new lipsticks, Mrslid!

User38

oh I love it as a stain.. but I am also wearing Rivoli as a stain a lot..all darks work well as stains.

bis

So, between Rivoli and Ballet Russe, which one would you go for? Or which one do you think is more unique?

Bonitinha

Can you ladies recommend a cranberry-ish color Chanel lipstick? I would love it if it had a golden sheen to it. The online swatches are useless and since I don't have a near by counter -- I thought I'd see if any of you know of any shades that fit this description. I really need to branch out a little! Also, what blush colors do you wear when you wear darker lip colors?

mrslid

Can you ladies recommend a cranberry-ish color Chanel lipstick? I would love it if it had a golden sheen to it. The online swatches are useless and since I don't have a near by counter -- I thought I'd see if any of you know of any shades that fit this description. I really need to branch out a little! Also, what blush colors do you wear when you wear darker lip colors?
Ohhh that sounds lovely...I'm listening ;-) I have mostly Rouge Cocos which are lacking in the more vibrant colour category so I'm not much help. I do LOVE Orchidee but it's not raspberry but it is a more vibrant pink. I'm wearing it today LOL. As far as blush goes I wear any shade that's in the same tone as the lipstick. If I'm wearnig a darker lipstick and pick a darker blush I just do a subtle application with a skunk brush.

Yay I'm so excited you're branching out of your lighter pinks! Can't wait to see some pics of you trying you're new shades.

Miss QQ

I immediately thought of Papeete. I'm not sure if this colour is still available as it came out in fall 2008. You can see a swatch here, but it looks pinker than I recall. The official description is sheer cranberry, and it is an Aqualumiere l/s, which unfortunately is not my favourite formula. But I remember I liked this colour.

http://mymakeupreviews.blogspot.com/2008/08/review-chanel-fall-collection-08.html

Do we wear a nude blush with dark lips?

Latest posts