Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Bonitinha

Thanks ladies -- love hearing your suggesions. I googled Papette and found Karen's swatch:
http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/cosmetics/lip-look-chanel-papeete-and-gold-light/
That looks gorgeous -- I know they don't have that golden glossimer anymore -- but I think MAC has one (Instant Gold lustreglass I think)? I might have to look into that more!
I have this cranberry colored velvet fitted jacket -- it is the exact color of lipstick I am looking for LOL Maybe I should just tote it around with me to all of the cosmetic counters??

mrslid

Yes I have Instant Gold LustreGlass and it's perfect for adding a subtle golden shimmer to a lipstick. It's very fine shimmer, not gritty or glittery.

Miss QQ

I saw Karen's blog on Papeete too. I would bring that jacket and go to all counters to find a l/s that matches! Good luck!

mrslid

It's funny you mention looking for a raspberry lipstick because a couple of days ago I saw this:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2010/11/edward-bess-night-romance-lipstick.html

I think with this BG event I may branch out and try some Edward Bess. They have a free lipstick GWP promo on right now. I'm uber pale and don't own a bronzer so I was thinking of trying his which is supposed to be devine and great on pale skin and also the Moroccan Rose Blush I just saw on CafeMakeup.

Bonitinha

^^ That is a pretty color. You'll have to let me know if you try the Edward Bess lippies.
I really love Legende which is a raspberry shade with some golden shimmer -- it is kind of bright, but not too bright. Maybe I am leaning a little on the deeper side -- more of a cranberry. I don't know if the shade I am imagining exists
shrugs.gif

I emailed Chanel to ask them for recommendations on the shade I am looking for. The response was hilarious -- they told me to spend some time on the website looking at swatches. Ummm, have they seen the swatches on their site?? LOL My quest continues . . .
winks.gif

mrslid

Geez you did say cranberry...why did I think raspberry....must be because I have raspberry lippies on the brain LOL. DOH!

That is a hilarious response from Chanel! Yes, obviously they've never looked at their own website!

Bonitinha

I do love raspberry shades, too -- and I'm tempted by the shade Miss QQ recommended! I am feeling the need to branch out a little. Most of my lipsticks are pink, medium pink, violet pink, nude pink, peachy pink . . . you get the idea! And I definitely am getting the 208 brush for eyeliner!

bis

Can you ladies recommend a cranberry-ish color Chanel lipstick? I would love it if it had a golden sheen to it. The online swatches are useless and since I don't have a near by counter -- I thought I'd see if any of you know of any shades that fit this description. I really need to branch out a little! Also, what blush colors do you wear when you wear darker lip colors?

What about Byzantine? Not sure I know what colour cranberries exactly are
blush-anim-cl.gif
but from what I googled that could come close. Gorgeous colour.
And I mostly wear nude blushed to dark lipstick, depending on the colour some grown-up pink, but mostly nudes.

Bonitinha

^^ Oooh, that is a gorgeous deep color. You are so cute to google the color of cranberries!
winkiss.gif
I read that it was a Saks exclusive -- but I just checked the Chanel website and it is on there. Am I brave enough to wear it??
Do you have any Chanel nude blushes? I have Blushbaby by MAC, but no nude Chanel blushes . . .

elegant-one

My Ballet Russe came yesterday & it is Gorgeous on - sexxxy! I just patted it on.

mrslid - did you like yours?

mrslid

Yes I love my Ballet Russe!

Michelle I think Byzantine was Saks exclusive when the RCs came out but I think it's been released with some of the other "exclusive" shades like Sari Dore with the Cote d'Azur collection.

mrslid

LOL I will try this weekend to get some pics. I would love some opinions on some of my lippies anyways because I think I want to try to sell/swap some. I've already decided for sure that I want to get rid of Patchouli from Holiday.

bis

^^ Oooh, that is a gorgeous deep color. You are so cute to google the color of cranberries!
winkiss.gif
I read that it was a Saks exclusive -- but I just checked the Chanel website and it is on there. Am I brave enough to wear it??
Do you have any Chanel nude blushes? I have Blushbaby by MAC, but no nude Chanel blushes . . .

I have only one blush from Chanel, Pink Explosion, the other blushes are from MAC and newly NARS.
If we ever get something like daylight here I will try to get a swatch for you. Next weekend maybe.

MaryJane

I bought Mademoiselle lipstick and am not sure what lipliner to wear with it - any suggestions? I've got a ton of Mac liners and Pink Treat from Chanel. I'm trying to make this lipstick look like it does in the ad.

Thx

Winthrop44

I guess it depends what it does on your lips. On mine it seems to depend on the day, lol. I don't know if it changes with pH or what. Usually I just wear it without a liner, but on the days it pulls orangey on me I use Pink Sugar. Natural might be worth checking out too - that's a great all purpose one to have, I think. From MAC I would try Subculture and In Synch. If you've seen the video the model in the ad has really pale lips.

MaryJane

I guess it depends what it does on your lips. On mine it seems to depend on the day, lol. I don't know if it changes with pH or what. Usually I just wear it without a liner, but on the days it pulls orangey on me I use Pink Sugar. Natural might be worth checking out too - that's a great all purpose one to have, I think. From MAC I would try Subculture and In Synch. If you've seen the video the model in the ad has really pale lips.
It's so true when said it depends on the day. In my case, it's the light too. I've been wearing it without liner and sometimes it looks more coral other times more rosey and other times it looks just like the ad. I've got very pale lips too...almost no pigment. What video are you referring to?

I'll have to try those liners out. Thanks for the suggestions.

Latest posts