Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

Miss QQ

^^ That's a lot! You must love them very much.

Katred, I agree about the limited range of the RALs. I love the formula too and I hope they come out with more colours. I have Phoenix, Ming, Dynastie and a mini Dragon. Maybe I should buy Santal too.

User38

^^ MsQQ and Katred.. yes I do, in fact I had the test run of these years ago.. so I got a certain attachment to them.. lol.

Last night while I was posting I was sipping some champagne, and I forgot that I had more of these.. lmao...

I need to add Imaginaire, Insolence, Emoi 2x, and Excess
hatsoff.gif

Shadowy Lady

Bonitinha - I just posted an FOTD actually. I think the MU turned out great :)
HerGrayness - you go girl! I need to collect them all eventually too

aeroerin

I only have Santal RAL--my first really high-end cosmetic product purchase. I'm in love! I've been lemming after a lot of RCs and RAs as well, though. Incognito is one I've been eyeing for a long time. Is there anyone with fairly pigmented lips who have it and are willing to talk about/share what it comes out as on them? I'm afraid that it'll look too mauve or brown on me because of my natural lip color.

Bonitinha

Hergreyness -- what do you think about Santal? I have been wanting it forever -- but it is so hard since I can never try on in person. Is it a peachy nude?

Aeroerin -- good to know you have been loving Santal. Temptalia did a review on Incognito -- maybe you can check out her pics: http://www.temptalia.com/chanel-les-impressions-de-chanel-rouge-allure-lipstick-swatches-reviews-lip-swatches-photos

I am also wanting Insolence RAEG-- just wondering if it might be too pink for me (is there even such a thing??)

User38

Bonitinha... I like Santal but I don't love it as I do Insolence or Phoenix. It is pretty -- a nude beigy pink -- but on me, I just feel it washes me out. And, I don't think Insolence is too pink .. it is gorgeous for anyone with slight pigmentation on the lips, whereas Santal might work on someone with little pigmenation on lips and is very fair, or a lot of pink pigmenation on the lips to tone them down.

Shadowy... lol. ty I do love this product and use it quite frequently.

euphrosyne_rose

Now I'm totally and completely on the Chanel bandwagon too. Thanks ladies! (Believe me, there was absolutely NO sarcasm in that last bit!)
love.gif

I had ordered Dragon online a few weeks back b/c I had seen a swatch of it on a blog and was totally blown away by how vibrant and beautiful it was but of course I started wanting more wearable colors for work, weekends, etc and picked up the Aqualumiere Porto Rotondo. LOVE IT. It brightens up my face, feels nice on the lips and it's exactly the formula I like where it doesn't feel too thick but after swatching some other colors in the other formulas I've really grown to like Orchidee and I'm debating on some of the prettier coral shades as well. I'm just trying to decide if I can pull that off.
wondering.gif
Coral favorites ladies? I have ONE l/s right now and one RAL in Dragon. Help me expand!!

Do any of the formulas tend to enhance lines in the lips though? I have the nice lines and don't want them to be too pronounced.
pretty.gif

bis

^^ I only have Émotive from your list and I love it, great raspberry pink. The formula of the RA and the RC is great, no emphasizing of lip lines on me.

Miss QQ

I want Emotive and its RAL, Emoi. They are beautiful, like you said, raspberry pink. Well, they are those items in my long Chanel wishlist and I never got down to buying them.

mrslid

I have the Emoi RAEG and it is GORGEOUS! Now I really want the matching RA but my list has been so long with the new collections I haven't had a chance yet. Are they perm now? I know Condidentielle and Confidence were LE I think (which are on their way to me now) but I'm not sure about the other RAs from the RAEG collection?

Miss QQ

I think the other RAEG and RA are perm. I haven't had a chance to pick up more of the RAEG too, and now there are the spring lippies that want to be in my list as well.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170341/chanel-lipsticks-rouge-coco-rouge-allure-etc/270#post_2068030"] I want Emotive and its RAL, Emoi. They are beautiful, like you said, raspberry pink. Well, they are those items in my long Chanel wishlist and I never got down to buying them.
[/quote] You should really move both to the top of your list ;) Émoi is such a flattering shade, it even makes you look good when you have a hangover (tried it this NYD ;)), same for Émotive. They just make you look fresh and rested and are just not so visible. Both have my bf sign of approval, which says a lot.

Camnagem

^ I can safely and HIGHLY recommend both Emoi and Emotive!

They are both fantastic, rich, gorgeous raspberry shades that look amazing together or alone. Must haves for anyone who loves this color family.
love.gif

Miss QQ

^ I can safely and HIGHLY recommend both Emoi and Emotive!

They are both fantastic, rich, gorgeous raspberry shades that look amazing together or alone. Must haves for anyone who loves this color family.
love.gif

lol Thanks, ladies! I will buy both the next time the department store is having a promotion. I love raspbery shades!

Bonitinha

MissQQ -- I love lipsticks as well. Have you noticed that hardly anyone (outside of Specktra, that is) wears lipstick anymore (or maybe that is just where I live)?? I think of my friends and they all wear gloss or nothing at all. But isn't there just something sophisticated about a lipstick? I especially love the Rouge Allure formula -- I would love it if all of the shades came in RA
heart.gif
My fave RAs are still Mythic and Confidentielle.

Shadowy Lady

MissQQ -- I love lipsticks as well. Have you noticed that hardly anyone (outside of Specktra, that is) wears lipstick anymore (or maybe that is just where I live)?? I think of my friends and they all wear gloss or nothing at all. But isn't there just something sophisticated about a lipstick? I especially love the Rouge Allure formula -- I would love it if all of the shades came in RA
heart.gif
My fave RAs are still Mythic and Confidentielle.
I agree with this, most of my friends only wear lipgloss. I have been a lipstick lover for a long time though. I started wearing it since i was 18 and never looked back. I wore lipgloss more when I was between 14-18. Now if i ever wear gloss is to layer my lipsticks. I find the look of lipsticks much more sofisticated and polished and they're more "me" than lipglosses