Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

purplerinne

Temptalia wrote on Twitter that Chanel sent an email out that Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon is being discontinued =( My favorite red ever!!!!!

jmarie

I hope that they add more colors to the velvet line, also. I would love to see a lavender. I also love the idea of a nude. Two types of nudes: one for the pale gals and one for darker gals like me. I do appreciate a good nude here and there.
smiles.gif

Teheran looks great on you. I tried on the Velvets yesterday and decided that all the colors are just a tad darker than what I want. I haven't found a pinky nude lippie from Chanel, yet. So, I ended up ordering a Guerlain Rouge G in #60. I got 20% off from Sephora's FF sale.

Miss QQ

Katred - so gorgeous! It should definitely come home with you! Sadeeh - Teheran is so pretty on you. It is a flattering and unique colour on you! Shontay - la Ravissante is stunning on you! The colour is made for you! Your skin look flawless and the brows are beautiful. I agree with the girls, you should be the model for the foundation, and the RAV too. I tried la Ravissante (I check 3 times to get the spelling right, grrr) from the sample pack and it is more orange on me. Wearable, but not so stunning like shontay, lol. I swatched Elegante and Raffinee again at the counter but decided to wait. Funny, lancome L'Absolu Nu lipsticks just reached my counters. The testers are here but the stocks for selling have not. The Nu looks like the RAV in the tubes, matte, but when swatched they turn sheer and balmy. What a difference! Anyone likes the Nu? I bought the extrait de gloss set consisting of a bag, confidence, imaginaire and exuberance. I'll put up the pics in the gloss thread tomorrow. ;) I also bought the EL Graphite eyeliner (thanks, HG) and the EL Idealist toner and serum (thanks, elegant)!

Winthrop44

La Ravissante is orange on me too, no pink in it at all...in some light conditions I see some red in it, but no pink. I wish it looked on me the way it does on Shontay. It looks BEAUTIFUL on you Shontay, as does the foundation. I agree with Miss QQ, you should be a model for both...except then Chanel might get lots of complaints that La Ravissante doesn't look as good on them as it does on the model!

Also Shontay, you probably have all the info you need on Teheran already from Sadeeh's beautiful picture (it looks gorgeous on you Sadeeh!) but I also pulled out my Saru d'eau and Teheran to compare for you yesterday (and then forgot to post), and on my arm Teheran has more pink in it while Sari is alot more orange.

ETA: Oh sorry - just looked back & saw you were asking about Teheran vs Sari Dore not Sari d'Eau!
blonde.gif

Miss QQ

^^ you got teheran! Do you like it more or Sari d eau? I have Sari and it is orange but wearable because of the sheer finish.

Miss QQ

Hello, elegant! Do you use the EL moisturizer from the Idealist line too? The MA was telling me I should use them together, when I finish my current moisturizer.

elegant-one

Hello, elegant! Do you use the EL moisturizer from the Idealist line too? The MA was telling me I should use them together, when I finish my current moisturizer.
I got the moisturizer in the freebie kit when I bought the Idealist but I haven't tried it yet. I will tonight & let you know. My skin is behaving itself right now, so I hate trying new things to upset it, but I'll give that one a try. I thought that I read really good reviews about it.

Winthrop44

Quote: Originally Posted by MaryJane
Well, I did it. Broke down and ordered La Distinguee from eBay. I could kick myself for paying $50 for a lipstick (including shipping) but I've thought it over for a few days and decided I want it. La Furtive might be next.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I received mine yesterday and it's definitely jumped up to my favorites. It looks just like this:

http://visionarybeauty.blogspot.com/2011/10/chanel-rouge-allure-velvet-la.html

but on my lips takes on a little more beige. I really love it. Don't understand why the US didn't get any quieter shades.

shontay07108

La Ravissante is orange on me too, no pink in it at all...in some light conditions I see some red in it, but no pink. I wish it looked on me the way it does on Shontay. It looks BEAUTIFUL on you Shontay, as does the foundation. I agree with Miss QQ, you should be a model for both...except then Chanel might get lots of complaints that La Ravissante doesn't look as good on them as it does on the model! Also Shontay, you probably have all the info you need on Teheran already from Sadeeh's beautiful picture (it looks gorgeous on you Sadeeh!) but I also pulled out my Saru d'eau and Teheran to compare for you yesterday (and then forgot to post), and on my arm Teheran has more pink in it while Sari is alot more orange. ETA: Oh sorry - just looked back & saw you were asking about Teheran vs Sari Dore not Sari d'Eau!
blonde.gif
:bouquet: Thanks a lot Winthrop. Actually, your mix up helps me out a lot. I own Sari d'Eau, too and comparing it to Teheran helps me get a better picture of what it might be like on me. Still undecided if that pinkness will work for me. I like things on the orange side.

Shypo

My post was eaten again. Must be the iPad. Oh well.

Saadeh, I love Teheran on you - based on your raving, I got it last summer when it came up on the Chanel site. I really love it. Shontay, if you get it, I hope you like it!!

I also got my Holiday collection lippies today with the white bag at Nordies during their Trend Show - love Empire and Enivree - not sure about Famous. It may be a bit too vivid for me, but I will probably end up keeping it anyway - it was just too pretty a red to pass up!

Oh, and I have been using the Idealist serum as well - HG recommended it - I am happy with results so far. My skin is behaving itself too lately, so I have no complaints.

I would love more pinky nudes!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Temptalia wrote on Twitter that Chanel sent an email out that Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon is being discontinued =( My favorite red ever!!!!!

NOooooooooo!!! Mine too! I'm hoping that it's a horrible rumour. I'm also shocked, because the associates I've spoken to have all said that it's the best selling colour. Seems like a weird place to start cutting...

I've been playing with my RAVs for a couple of days. While they are a wee bit drying on me (the weather has gotten colder here, so that probably has something to do with it), I'm happy to balm my lips and enjoy the divine texture and colour.

I put my review and swatches of the five I tried on here:

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2011/11/making-faces-chanels-velvet-realm.html

I'm not sure which one I want to try next. I'm stopping myself from getting La Somptueuse, because buying all three reds would just be silly... Right???

QueenOfSnark

*squirms* I'm not so sure about the velvets now, I'm worried that too many will pull too cool on me and I'm definitely a child of the sun. I'll have to swatch in person to make a final decision, though to be honest I hope I only like one or none of them as my card's going to catch on fire when the Spring 2012 collection hits my Nordies I'll be whipping it out so fast. >_>

Winthrop44

La Ravissante and La Somptueuse are definitely not cool, so maybe you'd like them. La Raffinee, L'Exhuberant and La Fascinante, which are all on the sample card, are really universally flattering imo. So far the only one that pulls too cool on me is La Caline. I suspect La Sensuelle may too, but I haven't seen it irl. I hope you do find at least one shade you like because they're really nice texture-wise!

elegant-one

La Ravissante and La Somptueuse are definitely not cool, so maybe you'd like them. La Raffinee, L'Exhuberant and La Fascinante, which are all on the sample card, are really universally flattering imo. So far the only one that pulls too cool on me is La Caline. I suspect La Sensuelle may too, but I haven't seen it irl. I hope you do find at least one shade you like because they're really nice texture-wise!

I am getting treated to a day out today (sounds like a dog getting to go outside or for a car ride)
lol.gif
so I am checking out what the heck is going on with the white bag in person & Sensuelle ;)