Chanel lipsticks - Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure, etc.

elegant-one

I got Romance.. now I think I should get Chance too.. lmao

pfft I say
shockt.gif
worms.gif
lol.gif

Shypo

Oh HG, you MUST get Chance to go with the pink pants! Chance...pants.....get it?
th_roll1.gif

Now my list is getting longer....yeesh! Between these and Diors, I need to hire some lips!

elegant-one

Oh HG, you MUST get Chance to go with the pink pants! Chance...pants.....get it?
th_roll1.gif

Now my list is getting longer....yeesh! Between these and Diors, I need to hire some lips!

You have Dior (881?) Fashion Week don't you? i have swatched it 3 times now & loved it, but it took a back seat to the shines & other things...for now

kanne

So what do you think of it on?????? I really like that shade.

I love it. While it's sheer, it still puts down enough colour to wear at night. Because it's plummy I found today you have to be careful what you wear it with if you're wearing it for day. For the last couple of days I've been using the charcoal colour from the Spring quint and lining my eyes (nothing else) and Nars Deep Throat on my cheeks, and I decided to put Bonheur on on my way to work, but it was too much and I had to take it off. I think if I'd used Sex Appeal instead of Deep Throat it might have been a bit more work appropriate but anyway. I'm glad I got it. Now hanging out for the call to say Black Pearl has arrived!

Almus

Quote: Originally Posted by Shypo

I want to apply for the position!
rasta.gif
ahahaha

Miss QQ

I was at another Chanel counter today and tried Sari and Elise. I also swatched more and Royallieu is very sheer nude mauve colour. Someone here mentioned she has it (sorry I forgot who). Is it close to Boy? Sari is beautiful, I think those who love coral lips must get it. Elise is a deep rose that leans brownish, and it goes with everything, but I still want Antigone instead.

Thanks for the pics Shontay. Sari is gorgeous on you.

From the colour card, my counter don't have Bel-ami, Cavaliere and Unique. We have Flying Cloud, Premice, Rivage, Escale and Antigone. No Misia!
cry.gif

You have Dior (881?) Fashion Week don't you? i have swatched it 3 times now & loved it, but it took a back seat to the shines & other things...for now
I don't have this but when I swatched it, I fell in love immediately. It is the most beautiful grape colour! I swatched many of the dior addicts, the pinks, reds and while they were all pretty, Fashion Week was the standout. I also got distracted by other things, and I was waiting for the RC shines to come out and by now have forgotten about it. I should pick it up some time.

winthrop - thanks for the heads up on vanessa's look. I'm going to try boy and natural to see if I can get that colour. I don't have tweed pink sadly.

Shypo

Elegant, I do not have Fashion Week....yet. It's on my list, along with Bobo and a couple of others. It is gorgeous, and it's always the first one I pick up when I go to swatch - don't know why I haven't gotten it before now......

Can't wait to go shopping tomorrow - the NM site said that Lilium would ship no later than 4/28 - I did not order it (prefer to see it first) but that's good news - hopefully some of the stores will have it before the end of the month. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Nordies counter gets it here shortly.....oh, and I'm also curious about that eye pencil - I agree - very strange color description for the eyes.

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170341/chanel-lipsticks-rouge-coco-rouge-allure-etc/1080#post_2104350"]
:) Chance is more gorgeous on the lips. On the hand it is very sheer. I haven't buy FC yet but it is on my maybe list. Is it close to Liberte?

[/quote] I have not seen Liberté, but FC is a nice peachy-nude when swatching it, but turns into a nice pinky nude on my lips. Finally a nude that works on my lips.

Winthrop44

I love it. While it's sheer, it still puts down enough colour to wear at night. Because it's plummy I found today you have to be careful what you wear it with if you're wearing it for day. For the last couple of days I've been using the charcoal colour from the Spring quint and lining my eyes (nothing else) and Nars Deep Throat on my cheeks, and I decided to put Bonheur on on my way to work, but it was too much and I had to take it off. I think if I'd used Sex Appeal instead of Deep Throat it might have been a bit more work appropriate but anyway. I'm glad I got it. Now hanging out for the call to say Black Pearl has arrived!

Is Bonheur dark enough to where you might consider it more of a Fall color? It looks really dark in the NM color swatches....but not on Karla's arm. In fact it looks close to Dior Fashion Week on Karla's arm, unless that's just on my monitor.

Spoke to someone on the phone at NM this morning who told me that Sari d'Eau is brighter and more orange than Misia. She said Misia has more pink in it/is more peachy than Sari. Kind of the opposite of what I expected.

bis

[quote name="Bonitinha" url="/forum/thread/170341/chanel-lipsticks-rouge-coco-rouge-allure-etc/1110#post_2104401"]

I love the looks of Flying Cloud!  I forgot -- is that an Asia exclusive??

[/quote] MissQQ has it at her counter and it's a France-colour in Europe.

Miss QQ

Yeah, Michelle, I have FC at my counter.

Thanks for the great swatch! Congrats on finding your nude lipstick! I've been searching for a pinky nude forever. I have to try it on! I'm hoping it turns that on me too. I have Mythic RA which works as a nude lips for me, but there isn't any pink.

elegant-one

Is Bonheur dark enough to where you might consider it more of a Fall color? It looks really dark in the NM color swatches....but not on Karla's arm. In fact it looks close to Dior Fashion Week on Karla's arm, unless that's just on my monitor.
Spoke to someone on the phone at NM this morning who told me that Sari d'Eau is brighter and more orange than Misia. She said Misia has more pink in it/is more peachy than Sari. Kind of the opposite of what I expected.
No, I don't think so. Its really not that dark, & I loved the berry tint to it. Its a lovely shade.

Saks swatches may be a little closer than NM. Sari d is not represented well at all in the swatches - it doesn't look like that. Its more of a an orangey coral with def. pink in it. The swatches are making it look as though its a kind of almost burnt orange. Its very pretty in person.