Chanel Rouge Noir Absolument - Holiday 2015

Medgal07

Just bought the IDO today! I don't think it's easy to photograph but it's a brown-purple with red-based sparkles. I think I parted with my $ coz the sparkles just won me over. It looked like nothing else I'd ever seen!
I have several IDOs & this is my favorite. I've been pairing it with a cranberry shade with causes the burgundy red micro glitter to just pop. It's stunning!!!!

Medgal07

yahoo.gif
I hope you love it!!!!

beautycool

Liliv looks lovely :) enjoy Has anyone got the Mary rose lipgloss I think that's the name ? And I'm getting confused gs is a blush and what's the other one called that looks the same ? Is it a highlighter ?? I'm getting really confused :(

GreenEyedAllie

[COLOR=0000FF]   I'd prefer it to pull pink on me----that's the reason I got it. I might have to give it a little persuasion with a pink toned liner.:sigh: [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  I have several IDOs & this is my favorite.  I've been pairing it with a cranberry shade with causes the burgundy red micro glitter to just pop.  It's stunning!!!![/COLOR]
Did you ever try it with TF AW15?

Medgal07

Did you ever try it with TF AW15?
Yes. I forgot to mention that I use TF AW15 as a base and the cranberry colored E/S in the transition area and a
beep burgundy in the crease. It's become a uniform of sorts for me. The cranberry and burgundy shades are from
the YSL Metal Clash palette.

liguriansea

[COLOR=0000FF]  Yes.  I forgot to mention that I use TF AW15 as a base and the cranberry colored E/S in the transition area and a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  beep burgundy in the crease. [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]It's become a uniform of sorts for me.  The cranberry and burgundy shades are from[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  the YSL Metal Clash palette.[/COLOR]
Ooohh! Great idea ladies! I shall chime in as well to express my satisfaction with this holiday collection! I know Greeneyedallie says bordeaux makes green eyes pop but the color highlights brown eyes as well! :eyelove: I have been using the Rouge Noir kohl, IDO, and mascara, all of which are surprisingly very work appropriate for a conservative environment. To intensify the IDO for night, I slip a layer of gunmetal grey eyeshadow underneath. I also ordered the quad today and will reserve a reorder of Troublante from Chanel.com when they have their shit together. Oh, and in case this helps anyone, I haven't had any allergic reaction to this IDO yet. So far so good.

Medgal07

Oh, and in case this helps anyone, I haven't had any allergic reaction to this IDO yet. So far so good.
So glad you're enjoying this collection to the max too!!!
BTW, Chanel has had Troublante for a few days now. Go for it!!

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Colour-LE-VERNIS-89314/sku/139922

liguriansea

Liliv looks lovely :) enjoy Has anyone got the Mary rose lipgloss I think that's the name ? And I'm getting confused gs is a blush and what's the other one called that looks the same ? Is it a highlighter ?? I'm getting really confused :(
. Hey there! I'll answer your second and third question. Golden Sun is in fact a blush filed under the title Joues Contraste. Coups de Minuit, however, is more of a highlighter than blush. I say this because 1) the official title of CdM is Joues Contraste Lumière (which means light in french) 2) Golden Sun is darker than Coups de Minuit when swatched. Hope this helps!

liguriansea

[COLOR=0000FF]So glad you're enjoying this collection to the max too!!!  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  BTW, Chanel has had Troublante for a few days now.  Go for it!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  [/COLOR]http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-Colour-LE-VERNIS-89314/sku/139922
OH! You enabler! I guess the one who doesn't have their shit together....is this moi! :haha: Chanel must have sent out an email and I missed it! Hopefully they'll have the Rouge Absolument collection soon!

hitchcockblonde

The holiday collection is finally up on chanel.com. Placed my order for the Lame top coat and Coups de Minuit. Fingers crossed I get either the red sparkly pouch or a nice Christmas gift from them. Hell, I've spent more money there this year than I have in years past and I got a mini Les Beiges powder when they first released them years ago.

liguriansea

I hope so too, especially after the long wait :haha:  The mascara is still a maybe, is it very different from black/brown on you?
I can definitely see maroon when looking at my eyelashes up close. ( FYI, my lashes are light brown). From afar, although the color doesn't translate, the effect is definitely is less harsh than black but more defined than brown mascara, especially when worn with neutral eyeshadow. The rouge noir mascara also enhances the overall effect of the rouge noir items when applied together, in my humble opinion. :D

liguriansea

The holiday collection is finally up on chanel.com. Placed my order for the Lame top coat and Coups de Minuit. Fingers crossed I get either the red sparkly pouch or a nice Christmas gift from them. Hell, I've spent more money there this year than I have in years past and I got a mini Les Beiges powder when they first released them years ago.
Hahah! Omg you are right! Link for all the sloths like me: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/HOLIDAY-2015-COLLECTION-140159 I guess Chanel.com is determined to prove me wrong today! :haha: Hope you get the sparkly pouch as well!

Icecaramellatte

Oh no Rouge Noir polish? Sucky suck suck. Maybe I should get vamp. I don't have it.

Medgal07

OH! You enabler! I guess the one who doesn't have their shit together....is this moi!
girlhaha.gif
Chanel must have sent out an email and I missed it! Hopefully they'll have the Rouge Absolument collection soon!
Died!!!!
th_roll1.gif
​Apparently they slipped one in on you.

Medgal07

I can definitely see maroon when looking at my eyelashes up close. ( FYI, my lashes are light brown). From afar, although the color doesn't translate, the effect is definitely is less harsh than black but more defined than brown mascara, especially when worn with neutral eyeshadow. The rouge noir mascara also enhances the overall effect of the rouge noir items when applied together, in my humble opinion.
greengrin.gif
I agree with your humble opinion!!!
th_DANCE.gif