Chanel Rouge Noir Absolument - Holiday 2015

Erinaceina

How do people who have Rouge Noir eyeliner feel about it? Karen on MBB says that she has to reapply it every 4 hours, and that's just too much hassle for me (my go-to eyeliner is Blacktrack, which lasts about 14 hours on me). On the other hand, it's such a beautiful colour.

GreenEyedAllie

How do people who have Rouge Noir eyeliner feel about it? Karen on MBB says that she has to reapply it every 4 hours, and that's just too much hassle for me (my go-to eyeliner is Blacktrack, which lasts about 14 hours on me). On the other hand, it's such a beautiful colour.
I LOVE it so much I bought a second. It lasts all day on me (unless I rub my eyes), but my eyes are not watery nor my lids oily. If either of those are true, you may not have great wear. Someone earlier mentioned they set it with the burgundy shade from the quad.

GreenEyedAllie

i bought the RN mascara during Nordies' mascara madness and am wearing it today with the IdO and RN liner. :love: it looks soooo pretty with everything. It softens the look of my lashes and makes them add to the smokey look. Definitely not a must-have, but a very nice to have.

Medgal07

I've not had that issue with it---I rather like it. Also --it's a totally different product than Blacktrack, which I happen to love as well.

Medgal07

i bought the RN mascara during Nordies' mascara madness and am wearing it today with the IdO and RN liner.
love.gif
it looks soooo pretty with everything. It softens the look of my lashes and makes them add to the smokey look. Definitely not a must-have, but a very nice to have.
I love it too Allie---it's all about the total look with all or most of the products.

Prettypackages

OK, so maybe I should have participated in the Nordies Mascara sale for the speciality mascaras. I'm just about overstocked on regular mascara's so I ignored it.

GreenEyedAllie

OK, so maybe I should have participated in the Nordies Mascara sale for the speciality mascaras.  I'm just about overstocked on regular mascara's so I ignored it. 
Yeah, I almost didn't because I have a box of sample sized ones to get through, but I really want to try this I'd ultra noir and rouge noir. Meddy's prob right about it hanging around. Thankfully, Chanel doesn't usually seem to fly away like other brands.

MakeupAli

Budge proof it is not. It's a Khol so it smudges. I was aware of this when I got it but I so love the color. If I could wave a magic wand and have this color in a Yeux Stylo, I would be thrilled.But I do love the color and setting it with an eye shadow does help. That being said I was not prepared to buy a whole quad to set it with, but there are other options. The bottom line for me is that if I had an important work related meeting, I would absolutely not wear because of its smudginess but if the hub and I were going out to a movie, or I were going shopping, I would. Hope this helps.

Medgal07

Yeah, I almost didn't because I have a box of sample sized ones to get through, but I really want to try this I'd ultra noir and rouge noir. Meddy's prob right about it hanging around. Thankfully, Chanel doesn't usually seem to fly away like other brands.
Not many people want such a unique color---on it's own---meh---combined w/ the IDO, Stylo and quad---total winner!!!

Medgal07

Budge proof it is not. It's a Khol so it smudges. I was aware of this when I got it but I so love the color. If I could wave a magic wand and have this color in a Yeux Stylo, I would be thrilled.But I do love the color and setting it with an eye shadow does help. That being said I was not prepared to buy a whole quad to set it with, but there are other options. The bottom line for me is that if I had an important work related meeting, I would absolutely not wear because of its smudginess but if the hub and I were going out to a movie, or I were going shopping, I would. Hope this helps.
I even set MAC Blacktrack w/a powdered E/S---just part of my routine because it works.

Sugar & Spice

i bought the RN mascara during Nordies' mascara madness and am wearing it today with the IdO and RN liner.
love.gif
it looks soooo pretty with everything. It softens the look of my lashes and makes them add to the smokey look. Definitely not a must-have, but a very nice to have.
I wore RN mascara with another eye look in the same color family and I loved it so much, that I exchanged one of the other mascaras I bought with the sale for another RN.

I'm so happy you talked me into getting it because I love it way more than I thought I would and realized that RN mascara will complement most of the eye looks I wear. So I'm not just limited to wearing it with the IDO.

I also wore the Khol too and while I love the color, I have oily lids so I can only wear it when I only need my makeup to look good for a few hours. So I didn't back it up but it is very nice.

Monsy

has anyone had problem with ultra noir mascara smudging?

dear friend told me it smudges on her and I noticed sabrina from thebeautylookbook said the same thing

I still haven;t tried mine

KateH22

has anyone had problem with ultra noir mascara smudging? dear friend told me it smudges on her and I noticed sabrina from thebeautylookbook said the same thing I still haven;t tried mine 
I find it smudges a lot but is very difficult to remove. I don't like it. I regret buying it. I much prefer the original formula in Noir.

mkoparanova

has anyone had problem with ultra noir mascara smudging?

dear friend told me it smudges on her and I noticed sabrina from thebeautylookbook said the same thing

I still haven;t tried mine
I've been wearing it for about 3 weeks and I haven't had any problems except from once when I fell asleep during a movie - I woke up 30 minutes later and it was veeeery smudged.

GreenEyedAllie

I wore RN mascara with another eye look in the same color family and I loved it so much, that I exchanged one of the other mascaras I bought with the sale for another RN.

I'm so happy you talked me into getting it because I love it way more than I thought I would and realized that RN mascara will complement most of the eye looks I wear. So I'm not just limited to wearing it with the IDO.

I also wore the Khol too and while I love the color, I have oily lids so I can only wear it when I only need my makeup to look good for a few hours. So I didn't back it up but it is very nice.
So glad you love it! I'm really happy to have it and wish they would make it perm. I would definitely re-buy, and that's saying something since I almost never go the full-size mascara route.

Monsy

I've been wearing it for about 3 weeks and I haven't had any problems except from once when I fell asleep during a movie - I woke up 30 minutes later and it was veeeery smudged.

thank you ladies

I will try it and if it smudges I will exchange for the regular one

Erinaceina

Thanks. I decided that it was so beautiful I just had to go for it. I'm debating whether to try to wear to work tomorrow or to wait for a non-work day. Because I have no self-control, I also got the Illusion d'Ombre. I have no idea how I'm going to apply this, so it'll definitely be a non-work day experiment.