Chanel Spring 2011

Winthrop44

Marajode, hope you feel better soon. I have a frozen shoulder atm myself. Pretty sure I hurt myself blowing leaves in November and then by favoring it it eventually froze. I'll be completing 4 weeks of PT tomorrow, and they say I'm doing well, but it's def still not right so I think I may be in for a second tour.

Shypo

Oh my, Winthrop - I hope you feel better soon! You and Marajode are our walking wounded!!
th_cheerup.gif
I hope you have better success with a second round of PT.

Marajode, haven't 'seen' you in a couple of days - are you doing ok? No more jammie accidents?

User38

Winthrop, feel better soon !! I did not realize you were having PT.

I can say that from personal experience, good PT had me swimming before I walked again...lol.
It worked too !

Miss QQ

Marajode, hope you feel better soon. I have a frozen shoulder atm myself. Pretty sure I hurt myself blowing leaves in November and then by favoring it it eventually froze. I'll be completing 4 weeks of PT tomorrow, and they say I'm doing well, but it's def still not right so I think I may be in for a second tour.

Bonitinha

Oh no! Hope your shoulder gets better soon!

Nzsallyb

i snaffled up black pearl - it is permanent in NZ (along with paradoxal!). what was the low down on the eye shadow quad? worth the money, or not so much?

elegant-one

What a hoot! I have some similar stories - my husband tells me all the time I need to live in a bubble. I'm very clumsy and end up in the strangest situations.....2 summers ago I was bringing the mail in, while reading it (note to self: not smart) and tripped on the front (concrete) step and my face literally bounced off the doormat (it's a good thing it was there or I'd have no teeth in the front). Broke my nose, had a mild concussion, and scraped the daylights out of my leg. But the nose break was sort of straight across so no setting was required, and I don't have any evidence of it now.

One of the funniest was more bizarre.....I had a meeting at a client's office and I had to park across the street from the office. It was raining, and I was waiting for my boss to arrive. While standing at the light, he drove up to take a left, saw me and rolled the window down to tell me to get in out of the rain. Walking to the car, my heel hit a hole in the pavement and I fell flat on my back. It stunned me so bad all I could do was lay there. My boss comes around the back of the car and asks me what I'm doing (really?). The bizarre part comes in later: about 2 months later, my boss and I are taking one of our clients out to lunch, and were crossing the street where this happened, so my boss starts telling the story. Turns out the client was in a conference room in a meeting and they were all looking out the window when it happened because they thought someone had been hit by a car. It's funnier in the telling of it - I've left out some of the color.....

Only me.

So girls, don't feel bad. You're in good company here!
drinks.gif
OHMYGOSH! - I was looking for a Dior link & just came across this - I never read it
icon_eek.gif

I so feel for you - how terrible dear! But I am glad that you are ok. Shockingly terrible! I get my heels caught all the time.
heart.gif

Andromeda18_

After reading Sabrina's reviews of the quad and lipsticks from the Le Blanc Collection (here and here), I decided Rose Envolée and Joyeuse are definitely worth buying and have already purchased them on ebay. Désinvolte on the other hand looks too much like Peregrina, so I think I'll save my money for something else.
I'll now eagerly await the arrival of my new, gorgeous Chanel items.
th_DANCE.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Enjoy! Joyeuse is gorgeous, we can't stop raving about it. I saw Sabrina's review. Desinvolte doesn't look that pink on me, it is straight-up peach. Perhaps she is more tanned than me, and that tends to make the l/s swatch more pink.

i snaffled up black pearl - it is permanent in NZ (along with paradoxal!). what was the low down on the eye shadow quad? worth the money, or not so much?
I didn't buy this quad but some the ladies here have it. I think they like it!

User38

OHMYGOSH! - I was looking for a Dior link & just came across this - I never read it
icon_eek.gif

I so feel for you - how terrible dear! But I am glad that you are ok. Shockingly terrible! I get my heels caught all the time.
heart.gif
omg.. me too! this is one of the many reasons why I HATE so many threads.. I miss a lot of them, and a lot of posts.

C! .. I just read what happened to you and while it seems silly now, in a morbid kind of way obviously... you poor girl -- I know all the wounds obtained in the battle of femininity have made you stronger
friends.gif

I am always leery of my stillettos when I am walking in NYC especially -- I once sank into the asphalt street while I was crossing Av of Americas -- and made an indecent spectacle of myself as I tried to dig out my heels..
eeksign.gif
while the bus was shipping my hair around my face.. lol.

msqqq.. I wore my Joyeuse all day yesterday and last night..
blush-anim-cl.gif

Shypo

Joyeuse!! Hip hip hooray!!! It's awesome! I cannot wait for my Rose Envolee to arrive....hopefully I'll get it in the next week or so. I received my Joyeuse backup on Thursday. Chanel definitely needs to make this pink part of their perm line - what's wrong with them?!
girlhaha.gif

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention that was so funny with my falling in the street story - my boss said he hit the lock button as I was walking to the car, checked the rear-view mirror to make sure nothing was coming, and when he looked up again I was gone. He wondered where I went!
rofl.gif
I didn't hurt myself, other than my pride - which by now I've given up anyway.
th_loser.gif

HG, what a story - yeah, those heels in the summertime in soft asphalt are not fun! I'm glad you were not hurt!

Hope you ladies are enjoying a leisurely Sunday!
friends.gif

elegant-one

HG -
girlhaha.gif

I'm so glad that Joyeuse is such a hit - its worthy of it. Seemed like a no-brainer color to me! I'm with you on the thread thing. I missed that whole section of posts.

C - omgosh on your boss. The whole story sounded like something out of an old black & white movie or something. Locked his door & you were gone...geesh.

I do have a very embarrassing story. It was a really really long time ago....we were outside a big grocery store & I put my money into the newspaper box, leaned over to reach the newspaper, pulled one out, but the lid went shut on my long heavy knit neck scarf (it was winter) locking the newspaper box door with my scarf inside...almost up to my neck
icon_eek.gif
DH were really laughing at first, but couldn't get the door to open again even with inserting more money! Then I freaked out & was pretty embarrassed by then. We finally had to just rip/ruin the scarf. The way it was tied & where it got caught made it impossible to just undo the scarf & take it off. How silly
girlhaha.gif

Oh, did some major shopping yesterday
amuse.gif
I got Iron Maiden & 406!!!! I love IM on! I also bought 578 the color Kate Moss is supposedly wearing in the promo. Its just a darker version of the 554 imo. I swatch as many as I could. I want to get NY & Paris next. I hate shopping in Sephora! Too crowed, men standing in the way, & while I was swatching the Dior these 3 young girls kept bumping into me while they were giving themselves makeovers with all the dior stuff. I got completely annoyed.

I also got the ExfoliKate,and cute black straw floppy hat & pair of sunglasses from Nordies. & a spring jacket. I had a really rough few days with my dad so hubby thought I needed to get away for awhile. Oh, we ate at the Cheesecake factory
greengrin.gif
yummy.

Hope everyone is having a restful Sunday.

Oh, no one at any of the Chanel counters knew for sure when they were getting the Shines.

Bonitinha

Well, I'm just about to hit "buy now" on the ebay button for Joyeuse! Out of the zillions of pink lippies I already have, I didn't know if I needed another one. Silly me -- of course I do
girlhaha.gif

Elegant -- I don't like shopping in Sephora either. The testers are always so . . . ICK!! I swatch on my arm and then quickly follow with a sanitizing wipe. The people that work at my Sephora aren't very helpful or friendly -- so kind of a bummer. And yum on the Cheesecake Factory. When I was at the mall yesterday, I almost ran over to Cheesecake Factory just to get a slice of cheesecake to go. What a sweet hubby you have to look out for you -- hope your dad is doing better
th_kiss.gif

Bonitinha

I did it. I just ordered Joyeuse. It said it should be here by March 22. $45.80 for a lipstick (that's Guerlain territory!!) I'm sure it will be fabulous
heart.gif

Winthrop44

^^ You will love Joyeuse - well worth the $$! Hope your dad is doing better now elegant.
th_cheerup.gif

I'm laughing and crying along with you ladies on the embarassing & potentially harmful accidents. I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. The only thing I've done along those lines recently (I have plenty in my past!) was falling backwards into some bushes as I opened my car door in a parking lot. I was parked next to a little island. I was glad the shrubs were there to break my fall, but they were thorny and it was hard to get up. Needless to say plenty of people watched. lol

Honey&LemonGirl

You ladies are seriously making me want Joyeuse now! Blue-pinks never look good on me, so I was doing really well at resisting the temptation but after I saw The Beauty Look Book's lip & arm swatches (since Sabrina is pretty warm-toned too), I'm done for.
eyelove.gif

On the topic of spring shopping, there's an excellent deal at Gap this week that I was super excited about. They had a text message promotion where you got $25 off a $50 purchase so I got a swingy, cropped peacoat that's perfect for spring (originally $90, on sale for $49), and an everyday v-neck thin sweater (originally $40, on sale for $20) for $45. The deal applies to Gap kids, baby Gap, and Gap Body, but not to the outlet stores or online, etc. but I still thought it was an excellent bargain!! Will put the link below in case any of you ladies want to take advantage:
http://s.gap2550.com/coupon.html?utm_source=BuzzMedia&utm_medium=NonMobile&utm_campaign=Gap2550

elegant-one

Well, to be honest Michelle, I don't have anything that is quite as nice a pink as Joyeuse ls.

Ugghh, sephora makes me makes me crazy. Yes, germs galore.

Its funny, on the new Dior ls - I have never seen so many pinks lipsticks all in a row. Still, I don't think any of them looked as pretty as Joyeuse.

elegant-one

You ladies are seriously making me want Joyeuse now! Blue-pinks never look good on me, so I was doing really well at resisting the temptation but after I saw The Beauty Look Book's lip & arm swatches (since Sabrina is pretty warm-toned too), I'm done for.
eyelove.gif

On the topic of spring shopping, there's an excellent deal at Gap this week that I was super excited about. They had a text message promotion where you got $25 off a $50 purchase so I got a swingy, cropped peacoat that's perfect for spring (originally $90, on sale for $49), and an everyday v-neck thin sweater (originally $40, on sale for $20) for $45. The deal applies to Gap kids, baby Gap, and Gap Body, but not to the outlet stores or online, etc. but I still thought it was an excellent bargain!! Will put the link below in case any of you ladies want to take advantage:
http://s.gap2550.com/coupon.html?utm_source=BuzzMedia&utm_medium=NonMobile&utm_campaign=Gap2550

I love the look of those Peacoats! What a great deal on everything!

I didn't know that the Beauty look Book had that swatch. Yep, its a very very pretty lipstick.

User38

Bonitinha.. YAY! you joined us.. all bow to the GE
th_worship.gif
-- I ordered another one.. just in case ..lol

oh as far as accidents, my late hubby called me "Pauline" for the perils of Pauline.. he said I was either falling, about to fall or just gotten up
girlhaha.gif

and some falls have been very very embarrasing.. lol. -- that's one of the reasons why I only wear pants for work unless I am having a meeting or something going on, and then I wear my Spanx
tease.gif
just in case I do a slip n fall.. lolol.

Elegant, I do hope your dad gets well soon.. rest up when you can and do your retail therapy chant.. BUYBUYBUYBUY
friends.gif