Chanel Spring 2011

Bonitinha

^^ Seriously, it's true. My hubs made the mistake of going into a Sephora with me one time. He was dressed up in a suit from our evening out, and some woman mistook him for an employee there. He was so horrified, he high tailed it out of the store. Hasn't been in since
girlhaha.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
awww sweet.. I am totally a doggie person too.. and honestly think most dog people are kind hearted and sweet
heart.gif

Well, I'm a crazy cat lady (5 of them!), but I really like dogs too. The Great Enabler and I always say that we like animals a lot more than most people. We're actually both very big fans of pugs, too. A friend of ours has a couple and we both adore seeing pictures of them.

All the Sephora rage in here is reminding me of why I used to get annoyed being there. The service is almost always terrible- if you can get service at all. And, yes, for all the space they occupy, it always seems crowded. I haven't been in one since I moved back to Montreal in 2008, since there aren't any downtown. I keep wondering if the experience will have gotten any better. Doesn't look that way. The only one that I remember enjoying was in Las Vegas, along the strip, but I was in there in the middle of the night, so traffic was probably slower.

User38

cheerleader.gif
to all pug lovers.. I wish I had the time and energy for another one.

don't get me wrong, I think cats are the cutest -- I just don't have an affinity for the furry critters..

Sephora.. barf city -- I much prefer small boutique type atmosphere buying products .. Sephora is a fish market.

Bonitinha

cheerleader.gif

don't get me wrong, I think cats are the cutest -- I just don't have an affinity for the furry critters..

Sephora.. barf city -- I much prefer small boutique type atmosphere buying products .. Sephora is a fish market.
This made me laugh out loud! So true :)

Winthrop44

I don't even like ordering from Sephora online. They lost a return I sent them (after being told it had arrived but not credited to my account yet weeks later I was told they never received it) and then admonished me for not having a tracking number. I used their free return label! If a tracking number is so important why don't they put one on there? So now if I return I do it in person. Unfortunately the only one within a reasonable distance from me is a JC Penny Sephora...aaaand, if I return something that they don't have (which is just about anything you'd be buying, lol) I get a JC Penny gift card instead of getting my money back. I just can't be bothered with them anymore for the most part.

User38

Amen to that Winthrop. I feel the same way about Chanel CS too.. lol.

the market is putting me in a nasty witchy mood
devil.gif

BlahWah

I just glimpsed at the Sephora ventings and I've found that strangely, I've gotten more respect from the MA's when I'm with my son than when going alone.

Okay, I've gotta be quick with my post cuz I'm limiting net useage for Lent and who knows when my son will wake up. Motherhood has turned me into such a lurker!

I'm wondering about the Regard Perle quad, specifically about the dark green shadow. Temptalia's posted some sort-of dupes but I'm in love with the Chanel quad particularly. How have you found the quad? Is it worth getting in general? I've also heard that the Garden Party quad is a better purchase. Thoughts? TIA!!

shontay07108

These Sephora rants are crazy! :lol: I'm glad my local Sephora is pretty awesome. I also like the ones in Times Square. I've only been to one bad Sephora where the associates constantly follow you around. I don't need help, I've done my research and no, I'm not stealing. Give me a break.

stv578

Funny you asked about Regard Perle. I have been meaning to comment on it for the last week! When I first got it, I was actually sorry I did, and was about to put it into my "to sell" pile (which is growing but I haven't been selling!). I decided one morning to give it another try though, and now I love it. I know this sounds crazy, but ultimately, the difference was that I applied the colours differently and used the metallic warm beigy colour wet. So I basically used the pink shade over my entire lid and up to the crease, then the beige colour applied wet (with MAC's fix +) on the inner half of the lid, and then the dark green shade on the outer third. I apply the green shade dry, and then apply it wet just on the outer corner to intensify the colour. I then really lightly apply the whitish colour over the crease, but not all the up to the browbone (it's just too light for that on me).
So to sum things up, I now love this quad!!! Strange as it is, a couple of my quads have been much more appreciated when I have applied them wet because I find that the baked pans (not sure if it's the same for the U.S. version), are really enhanced that way, it seems to bring out the true colour. I also find that this quad can be worn with both pink and peach blushes.

User38

stv, that sounds lovely..

there is a reason MAC calls their spray Fix.. it fixes anything !

I returned my (rejected at door) the Regard.. I just knew it would make me look crinklier, shinier and more dumb.
ohboy.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
stv, that sounds lovely..

there is a reason MAC calls their spray Fix.. it fixes anything !

I returned my (rejected at door) the Regard.. I just knew it would make me look crinklier, shinier and more dumb.
ohboy.gif
I second (or third) the Fix+ love. I got a bottle a couple of months ago and I use it every day now. I dampen my brushes, my face, whatever makeup-related surface I can spray it on, I spray. My mu has never looked better or stayed in place longer.

karester

cheerleader.gif

I have three pugs. But I'm still living with my parents, the dogs are theirs.

sailordom

Catching up on some older posts, as work has been killing me lately, so I'm not online as much at night. (Too tired to much more than clear out the DVR one show at a time!)

But the Sephora stories made me laugh -- I drove into Dallas today to one of the high-end malls and felt sorry for all the male significant others at the Sephora.

There are no man chairs or benches outside that Sephora anymore! I don't know when they took them away, but I first noticed it today. No wonder my boyfriend hates going to this mall! No seating, and cellphone reception is terrible there, so he can't even adequately surf the Web on his phone.

(And yes, there were bored boyfriends and husband cluttering up the aisles, which are way too narrow in there to begin with.)

cavande

After thinking for the longest time that the Ombres Perlées de Chanel eyeshadow palette wasn't very pretty, I finally succumbed and purchased it. Eurgh, I hate my weakness for anything limited edition. I'm always scared that I'll want it sometime in the future.

Anyway, I'm glad I did end up buying it because I was wrong and it's absolutely beautiful! :) I think since I bought essentially the entire Spring 2011 collection, I'll go easy on the Summer collection (though the Aurore Glossimer is calling my name...)

Monsy

I know i am pretty late but today is the first time i saw black pearl nail polish. I came home and had to order it from chanel website