Chanel Spring 2011

Camnagem

Thanks for that link! This is the first I've heard of that collection. I wonder if it's a non-US exclusive?

Bonitinha

Wow -- pretty! I don't think this is available in the US yet. Kinda reminds me of my MAC Tone Grey quad -- but prettier. Let us know if you end up getting it!

elegant-one

Oh I don't want to hear how gorgeous the "G" blush is lalalalalalala...cause it doesn't look like its around any more. Glad you love it on Nora!

HG - Thanks doll! Oh no...& now Dior. Those ls in the link look divine.

The model in the pic for the blue es quad - she looks like my barbie doll looked - same es
icon_eek.gif

Meg - yes, that story stuck big time in our minds. When we talked about it the other day, I found myself LOL quite a bit. Funniest stories ever. Thanks - we're really proud of our son. Oh, I forgot to mention - the hotel we are staying at has a walkway inside direct to a Saks
icon_eek.gif
girlhaha.gif
my son thought that would be awesome for me - he laughed when he sent the info to me in an email.

Michelle - what are you going to tempt us with today :)

Miss miss C!!!! She must be working hard...or shopping

Miss QQ

Hi Megan! I need to try Coquette on. ;)

Hi Saadeh! I'm pleased to hear you love the quint. I'm liking it more and more!

Thanks, bis, for the heads up on Soulful Eyes. Love the e/s single there! We had the mascara and primer since last year, launched together with the duos. This collection looks like it is for the US/Europe market, as the model in the promo has lighter hair colour. The promo pic for the duos last year was different from the US/Europe market. They like to use a brunette for Asia market. But I love this model, Jac! She is featured in so many of the new Chanel collections! I love the blue quad too, but I have Blue Celeste, so I need to see how different they are. Not sure if we will get this quad, but it is in the round pans so I'm hopeful.

Bonitinha

MisQQ, I know, that model that they are using for the promo shots has the most gorgeous skin. I mean, I know they photoshop -- but I saw her in a backstage pic at a runway show and her skin still looked that amazing. Maybe in the next life I will be blessed with porcelain skin . . .

Elegant -- lol, yes, what intrigue can I drum up today?? I should be getting 3 packages today, so that should appease me somewhat!
My hubby decided he was going to teach a college course 2 nights a week. I asked him why in the world he wanted to take that on in addition to his regular job. He said "someone's got to pay for your Chanel habit" LOL He is kidding of course, he has always wanted to teach, but still hilarious!

fieran

I recently picked up the Quint (I live in Norway, we get it much later than most countries, unfortunately) and I have to say - LOVE. It's such a different texture compared to the normal Chanel shadows. I wore the Purple shade blended with the Black shade on top of MAC Blackground - and lined with MAC's Phone Number eye kohl. *happy sigh* You know that satisfaction you get that good quality makeup gives you? That "I can't believe I applied this!" feeling? That's what the Quint gave me :)

stv578

Sorry Elegant! I ended up deciding on that blush only after I missed out on MA online! (But I still want to see if I can pick one up tomorrow morning!). I did get the other WW blush though, and it looks so pretty!

Megan, we did get a few more things for the house. We picked out a beautiful chandelier and we got our dining room set. It's now my favourite room in the house, but one that the kids aren't allowed in unless we have people over! We still need permament window coverings though, and hopefully sooner than later! I was running around this morning getting myself and the kids ready, and had to run to my son's room to get him some socks. Well, forgetting that the carpenters were in the house next door that's not finished yet, I ran across the hall wearing only my pj top and undies and right past the massive window over our staircase! Hopefully, they weren't doing anything near any of the windows next door!

marajode

Can I ask which combinations of colors you like best, or which placement you like best? Are you using it on its own or with other shadow too?
I have it and like it quite a bit, but I've gotten a bit uninspired with it or something.

:)

I recently picked up the Quint (I live in Norway, we get it much later than most countries, unfortunately) and I have to say - LOVE. It's such a different texture compared to the normal Chanel shadows. I wore the Purple shade blended with the Black shade on top of MAC Blackground - and lined with MAC's Phone Number eye kohl. *happy sigh* You know that satisfaction you get that good quality makeup gives you? That "I can't believe I applied this!" feeling? That's what the Quint gave me :)

marajode

Sounds like you just might have made their day! lol
dance.gif

Sorry Elegant! I ended up deciding on that blush only after I missed out on MA online! (But I still want to see if I can pick one up tomorrow morning!). I did get the other WW blush though, and it looks so pretty!

Megan, we did get a few more things for the house. We picked out a beautiful chandelier and we got our dining room set. It's now my favourite room in the house, but one that the kids aren't allowed in unless we have people over! We still need permament window coverings though, and hopefully sooner than later! I was running around this morning getting myself and the kids ready, and had to run to my son's room to get him some socks. Well, forgetting that the carpenters were in the house next door that's not finished yet, I ran across the hall wearing only my pj top and undies and right past the massive window over our staircase! Hopefully, they weren't doing anything near any of the windows next door!

fieran

Hi Marajode,

I've only worn it once so far :) I used UDPP + MAC's Blackground paint pot as a base (I have oily lids), then I used MAC's 242 brush to apply the purplish shade first on the inner half of my eyelid followed by the blackish shade for the outer half and blended. I didn't have a crease colour with me then (I was traveling) so I just softened the colours around the crease and lined with MAC's Phone Number eye kohl. I haven't tried the other shades..yet :) I will soon.

I was thinking of swatching the colours on a Bronze-ish base to see if that will reduce their shimmer, making them look less dramatic. Btw, MakeupGeek

How did you wear yours?

P/s - Glittergeek (http://www.glittergeek.ca/2011/01/two-looks-daytime-and-evening-makeup-using-chanel-ombres-perlees-de-chanel-eyeshadow-palette/) had some ideas here.

marajode

I have been trying with different applicators. I didn't want to use the sponge, which I've read has better application.
I love the two lightest colors, with a matte brown crease (or grey). I love dampening my lining brush and applying the darker colors for liners with other shadows on the lid. (like a simple matte lid, with more pow pearly liner.) I asked the Chanel MA about using wet, and she seemed to think it was ok. To be safe, when I do use wet, I only use the brush in one spot. But so far, the texture of the shadow is the same, with no change on the surface.

But I haven't tried it with a dark base. I like that idea! I will have to try that. I've really only used UDPP or Shadow Insurance. Don't really know why.

I also love using the two lighter colors right on the center of my eyeball with any shadow. These reflect light in a really pretty way.

Thanks for the links! :)

Hi Marajode,

I've only worn it once so far :) I used UDPP + MAC's Blackground paint pot as a base (I have oily lids), then I used MAC's 242 brush to apply the purplish shade first on the inner half of my eyelid followed by the blackish shade for the outer half and blended. I didn't have a crease colour with me then (I was traveling) so I just softened the colours around the crease and lined with MAC's Phone Number eye kohl. I haven't tried the other shades..yet :) I will soon.

I was thinking of swatching the colours on a Bronze-ish base to see if that will reduce their shimmer, making them look less dramatic. Btw, MakeupGeek

How did you wear yours?

P/s - Glittergeek (http://www.glittergeek.ca/2011/01/two-looks-daytime-and-evening-makeup-using-chanel-ombres-perlees-de-chanel-eyeshadow-palette/) had some ideas here.

fieran

Crap - I was trying to find a link and accidentally wrote MakeupGeek on that response :) I'm sorry.

Hehehe.

I think KarenMBB applied them with her fingers. I tried with the sponge tip applicators and they are pretty good - as the shadow is quite creamy. I love the texture. I haven't used them as liners yet. I did pick up the Gris Scintillant liner that came with the collection - but it's quite sparkly. I might try it out one of these days.

I love using eyeshadows on dark bases like Blackground paint pot or French Quarter greasepaint stick. I'm NW43 and the dark bases make the colours look richer on my skintone - if that makes any sense.

Thanks for the tips :)

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/170819/chanel-spring-2011/1470#post_2082490"] Hi Megan! I need to try Coquette on. ;)

Hi Saadeh! I'm pleased to hear you love the quint. I'm liking it more and more!

Thanks, bis, for the heads up on Soulful Eyes. Love the e/s single there! We had the mascara and primer since last year, launched together with the duos. This collection looks like it is for the US/Europe market, as the model in the promo has lighter hair colour. The promo pic for the duos last year was different from the US/Europe market. They like to use a brunette for Asia market. But I love this model, Jac! She is featured in so many of the new Chanel collections! I love the blue quad too, but I have Blue Celeste, so I need to see how different they are. Not sure if we will get this quad, but it is in the round pans so I'm hopeful.
[/quote] I also have Bleu Celestes and I do not like it much, but the new quad looks a lot better, darker and smokier, like Bonitinha said Tone Grey in more blue. I hope I can resist, just bought the G blush :blush:. The singles are what I am really looking forward to :) The model is very beautiful, she looks a bit like a fairy ;) Did you try the mascara or the primer? fieran, great to hear you like the quint. A SA told me a lot of the customers were very disappointed. And know the feeling :) Marajode, I use the 242 for the quint, works reasonably well.

User38

sadly I returned the quint... untouched and unloved because it was just not right for me with the amount of glimmer in it... but I am happy to know many of you do like it.. I am too old for so much glimmer..
sigh.gif

Bonitinha.. yes, the Shish eye cream is really yummy and has been working for me for months now...

Meggy.. ty.. if you get two or more by mistake, I will relieve you of one of your burdens
friends.gif
.. if not, no worries, I am really liking my 518 !

Elegant.. I always use paint pots or paint to alter the colour of any es.. they work beautifully and act as a primer at the same time. I know what you mean.. now Dior lgs.. lol..
cutey.gif

marajod.. ty.. I hope I look hot from the look, and not a menopausal hot flash....lol
heat.gif

User38

Elegant.. Coquette is gorgeous.. just a perfect balance of corally pink.. try it you will love it!

stv.. I did use my Rouge G this morning.. and I am happy to report that it is absolutely superb and worth the money... I wish I could back it up but frankly don't want to pay $ 150 on Ebay.. argh

I also purchased two blushes from our friends at Clarins.. the Coral and Miami pink shades.. they are also gorgeous and so smooth on application...
heart.gif

fieran

@HerGreyness: You could try to get a back up at duty free - mid Nov they had one last Chanel Tentations Cuivree quad and I picked it up. So they might have a Rouge G... like one last piece waiting for you. You never know :) About the quint - it is gorgeous, but yes, quite shimmery. I'm sure you would have rocked it though!

@elegant-one: You're welcome, I'm just a newbie trying to experiment.

@bis: Really? People were disappointed in them? Aww man. Can you guys return used items to Chanel, btw? In Norway you can't return used stuff. I bought mine for 91 USD [Norwegian prices ;)]. Technically it was an anniversary gift from the bf. I was already standing in the store drooling and wondering if I should get it then the bf said "I'll get it for you". I like how soft and buttery the shadows are.

Bonitinha

HG -- I'm going to check out that Shis**** eye cream at Sephora. I remember a makeup artist saying that she thought it was the best.
Oooh, and you got the Clarins blushes? They are still in my Nordies cart online, just waiting for me to push "buy" . . .

Fieran -- I have only ordered Chanel through online retailers and haven't had a problem with them taking anything back. Glad you are liking your quint!

I got the Chant******* gloss today. I was thinking I would be disappointed and have to return it. It is the most gorgeous color -- a bright watermelon pink (Elation). It does apply really sheer, but still gave my lips a bright sheer pop of color. I am wearing it over Jersey Rose (I already had it on when the package came lol) and really love it. Just noticed that Love is back in stock -- wonder if I should have waited for that one??

fieran

@Bonitinha Ahh you guys are so lucky :) The American customer service is amazing. We don't even get foundation samples here. You're expected to just buy what you think is correct.

elegant-one

SOOOO much beautiful makeup
thud.gif
SOS.gif

Michelle - awesome! I LOVE those colors. oh no

HG - ok, I will get Coquette (always want to call it croquette) Darn it on the G blush!!! runs off to look at the other 'C' blushes
girlhaha.gif