Chanel Summer 2012

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks for the description! I'm going to try that and I have more or less decided I'm getting Sable Rose and not Beige. What is the luminising liquid? Is it part of this collection?

Holiday looks perfect on the toes, and the name is perfect! I don't own a single Le Crayon Yeux, maybe I can get this to try. Do they smudge or stay put?

elegant - Welcome back! Good to know you had a great time!

cutemiauw

Quote:
^^ Thanks for the description! I'm going to try that and I have more or less decided I'm getting Sable Rose and not Beige. What is the luminising liquid? Is it part of this collection?
I want Sable Rose too! I think that's a missing color on my stash. Fingers crossed it would also look nicely on my skin :).
I'm kinda glad this collection comes end of May here. So I have time to save up :D.

hanabipl

Hello everyone! :)
I've been following this thread for some time and finally decided to sign up and join discussion :) I can't wait for the new collection, every day browsing for pictures and swatches.
eyelove.gif
Here, it will be available in May, probably around the end of the month. I envy you - you can have it now :D
I like the bronzers, En Vogue lipstick and eyeshadow duo (I was looking for comparison with Taupe Delicat, but I found none). Chanel nail polishes, despite their cuteness, are not working on my nails, they start chipping after two days, sometimes earlier :/
I thought that Sable Beige will be a better choice for pale skin, was I wrong?

cutemiauw

hanabipi -
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
. Hope you enjoy being here :). I read contradictory descriptions on the websites, but I believe the Sable beige is for the lighter skin, and Sable Rose is for darker skin... only we never know what was the definition of "darker" sometimes it's so vague :/

Winthrop44

Thanks to everyone for all the great links & info and
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
to all the new posters. So fun to have more people posting here!

Miss QQ

Hello everyone! :)
I've been following this thread for some time and finally decided to sign up and join discussion :) I can't wait for the new collection, every day browsing for pictures and swatches.
eyelove.gif
Here, it will be available in May, probably around the end of the month. I envy you - you can have it now :D
I like the bronzers, En Vogue lipstick and eyeshadow duo (I was looking for comparison with Taupe Delicat, but I found none). Chanel nail polishes, despite their cuteness, are not working on my nails, they start chipping after two days, sometimes earlier :/
I thought that Sable Beige will be a better choice for pale skin, was I wrong?
Hello! I will be getting the collection in mid or late May, so we can wait together! Cute - thanks for finding it! I love her nails so Island is calling my name!

The swatch looks promising. I will definitely be trying it out. Your pedi sounds gorgeous! Shimmery tangerine sounds so fun and summery :)

Winthrop44

Calypso looks really pretty and nicely pigmented. I have banned myself from buying any more glossimers that essentially look clear on my pigmented lips. Your trip sounds so fun elegant! My Nordstrom says they will have this collection next week.

hanabipl

Yay! New collection will be available here in stores in second week of May. Can't wait!
I've just received an information from local Chanel distributor, that the new Joues Contraste in Tumulte and Malice are available only in Asian market at this moment... I suppose they are thinking about Fleur de Lotus blush.
greengrin.gif
As far as I know, Malice and Tumulte blushes are available in US...

Monsy

color is nice but it's not something special... you can find tons of the same ones with opi, essie ...

MrsBombshell

It looks like a Chanel spree is on the horizon for me because I am just loving the looks of this Collection. For those that have purchased the Bronzer, is it a must have?

Mrs Bombshell I feel like I am always either preparing for or getting over a Chanel spree! I am going to my Nordstrom's trend show this Saturday and hoping that the collection will be available. I will be sure to report back if it is, and I will post plenty of pics. I'm also eager to hear more about/see the bronzers.

cutemiauw

Yay! New collection will be available here in stores in second week of May. Can't wait!
I've just received an information from local Chanel distributor, that the new Joues Contraste in Tumulte and Malice are available only in Asian market at this moment... I suppose they are thinking about Fleur de Lotus blush.
greengrin.gif
As far as I know, Malice and Tumulte blushes are available in US...
Here = central Europe? Germany too?
Too bad with Malice not coming here... ah well more money to spend on other stuff, right :D.

hanabipl

You're welcome :). I just happen to see that when obsessively trying to find more swatches
girlhaha.gif
. Yup, I'm totally getting Island too :).

Here = central Europe? Germany too?
Too bad with Malice not coming here... ah well more money to spend on other stuff, right :D.
Here, in Poland.
th_DANCE.gif
Don't know about Germany, but I wish you can have new collection soon too :)
Malice and Tumulte will be available in Europe this fall.

bis

Welcome to the thread, ladies, glad you joined the fun :welcome: Somehow I feel like I am missing something, the collection has me not excited at all. The purple in the bronzer is gone, the rest is too warm. The only thing I am interested in are the nail polishes, I cannot say no to a Chanel polish *sigh* Fall will make it up to me, right? MissQQ, since you seem to like the same colors I do, what are you getting?

Ernie

Hi ladies, just saw the collection at Bloomingdales, they had a nice gift as well. So I just had to buy some goodies! I bought all 3 of the polishes, I can't resist, I just reapply top coat during the week after my manicure and that prolongs the chipping issue. The most unusual of the 3 is Island, it's almost like the inside of an oyster shell with a peachy/ pink tinge.
The shadow duo is gorgeous (sable/emouvant), super pigmented and very different than Taupe/Delicat. Here's a swatch. Top to bottom, taupe/delicat, sable/emouvant

I also got Calypso Glossimer, it's nicely pigmented, lot's of sparkles! The other glossimer, Sirocco?, goes on clear, did not need that.
Both RC also made it in, En Vogue is really pretty and has decent color payoff, not sure about Empreinte, it's quite a natural beige.
The big question were the bronzers, I ended up with both, but I need to play with them. I thought the sable rose would be better for my NC15 skin tone, but I'm thinking that Sable beige might work better, it seemed lighter on my hand in the store. We'll see when I try them at home. I can always return one if it doesn't work for me.
That's it! It was crazy in the makeup dept. Lancome had a good giveaway too!