Chanel Summer 2012

tinarina

Yay!
th_770016001157748873-final.gif
So what did you end up with?
Thank you for the welcome! I ended up ordering Calypso, En Vogue, and Delight. I totally skipped on Calypso at first, but since you all raved about it, I couldn't resist. I'm still borderline on the e/s duo. Someone said that it is more golden/yellow, and the swatch I saw looked more champagne/pink, so I am unsure. I feel like I could live without it though since the colors do seem dupable either way. I love the colors of the liners, but I haven't had much luck with either formula lasting for me.

elegant-one

I would vote no on the brun eye pencil. I have better pencils that last a lot longer. The brun pencil looks great when first applied, but it melts off/disappears halfway through the workday.

I use the lighter pencil layered over a darker color and also in the inner eye area. Really brightens my eyes.

Day 2 of delight has some tip wear, but overall good staying power.

Thanks, that helps a lot. I will pass then.

Miss QQ

Haven - Thanks, I'll pass the brun liner too. I think Delight may come home with me. If it passes day 1 and 2 without cracking and chipping off, it sounds good. I have problems with some chanel nps that chip off after a day, probably due to the formula and finish.

elegant - Good to know your roof was not damaged by the tree. Can't wait to know what you think of the duo.

I got the email saying the collection is up online, but I can't order since I'm not in the US lol. Someone said there is a fluid bronzer in this collection, but I can't find it. Is it the Soleil Tan de Chanel?

Welcome to all the new posters!

cutemiauw

Michelle -- I bet your flowers look very pretty! I'm such a noob with them, hopefully I'll be able to show a picture of them in full bloom on the next months :).

Gail -- Thanks for explaining the bronzers
smiles.gif
. I see now how it works. I think I'll just stay away for now... it's sounds too overwhelming and I can't really afford a new addiction (just in case). I'll just stick with highlighters... Until someone at the MU counter could do a makeover and convince me
sneaky.gif
. I wanted to check the Armani ones too. I think when I bought a foundation there, the SA put on some bronzer/blush on me and I really liked the look of it.

Elegant -- oh no with the tree
th_hug.gif
. I'm glad the damage isn't so big. I hope it won't ever happen again!

The duo looks even more tempting now... maybe if the bronzer didn't look too good on me, I'll the duo instead :D.

Btw, yesterday was my 8th wedding anniversary
amuse.gif
. Can't believe it's been that long, sometimes it really felt like it was just yesterday, but other time I really can't imagine living without him
heart.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Congrats! How sweet! Hope you spent quality time with each other. I look forward to seeing pics of your flowers.

I'm unsure about the duo and the nail polishes. Only certain that I'm getting the bronzer, probably Bronze Rose.

Bonitinha

This link that someone shared of the bronzers made me more interested in the rose one:
http://www.fruitylashes.com/chanel-makeup-summer-2012-summertime-de-chanel-collection-swatches-and-review-11305/

And for those who are late to the game on Tumulte, PE, and Malice, here are more great swatches:
http://naturalnchicmakeup.blogspot.com/2012/04/chanel-tumulte-malice-pink-explosion.html

Definitely getting Tumulte and Malice. Still deciding on the bronzer. I have been doing so much packing and have been realizing that my stash is getting harder and harder to contain!!

elegant-one

Wow they shipped my es duo already! Same day shipping...awesome.

Michelle, I would get Tumulte & Malice over the bronzer if you have to choose. Both blushes are gorgeous. Malice is a five star :)

The picture of all the items in the photo header at Chanel.com shows a really true representation of how the colors look irl. Look how lush the es duo looks - that is how it really does look

Bonitinha

Elegant -- I think I will end up skipping the bronzer. Def going to get Malice and Tumulte. I bought too many clothes this month, so I will wait until next month to get them (somehow that makes me feel better LOL) My husband told me I should just get a part time job at J Crew for the discount. Hmmm, not a bad idea.

That duo does look gorgeous! Have you worn Calypso yet? Im so anxious to get it. I really want to get a beautiful vanity table for the new house and better storage solutions.

A friend of mine came over the other day so I could show her how to do a soft smokey eye. She went out right away and bought the brushes and shadows. Another one bites the dust!!
girlhaha.gif

elegant-one

A friend of mine came over the other day so I could show her how to do a soft smokey eye. She went out right away and bought the brushes and shadows. Another one bites the dust!!
girlhaha.gif
greengrin.gif
lol.gif
I did that (& shoes) last month. JCrew & Anthro
sigh.gif
gets us into so much trouble

Way to spread the (makeup) love
thmbup.gif
I cannot even find some of my makeup, especially when I'm in a hurry to get ready...sad.

Yes, I've worn Calypso - its very different & very pretty on.

partymartyw

I never post here, even though I have been stalking this thread like mad. Can anyone compare the Rose Bronzer to last year's Rose one? I am loving last year's, so I wonder if I need this one too. Thanks!

Bonitinha

^^Partymartyw -- I haven't seen the new Sable Rose bronzer in person. The best swatches I have seen have been on the fruitylashes blog. When she swatched the individual stripes, the colors looked pretty. When they were all swirled together, it didn't grab me. Pretty but not a must have for me. I also love Rose Bronze from last year -- one of my all time fave Chanel products
heart.gif

elegant-one

I never post here, even though I have been stalking this thread like mad. Can anyone compare the Rose Bronzer to last year's Rose one? I am loving last year's, so I wonder if I need this one too. Thanks!

Love your name
party.gif
greengrin.gif

Last years had much more color to it. This year, the rose bronze is a very pale rose gold highlighter bronzer.

Welcome!!!!

Monsy

A lot of us follow your blog
clapping.gif

elegant please make swatches of duo when it arrives

partymartyw

Bonitinha- I love that bronzer! And I am not into bronzers often :) Elegant- thank you, that helps. Although hearing "highlighter" almost makes me want it more lol. Monsy :eyelove:

Hi all! It's been stupidly overcast here in Seattle so I haven't been able to get great pics of anything, but I did my best to put together a comparison of Sable Rose and Bronze Rose from last year, if anyone is interested:

http://prettyaddictedblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/summertime-de-chanel-soleil-tan-de.html

I know for me Sable Rose was an iffy purchase because I wondered about how it compares to Bronze Rose. I hope this helps!

Winthrop44

Wow, what a fantastic review!
urock.gif
Thanks so much for that. I think from your review that the new one might actually work better on me. Hmmm...

Latest posts