Chanel Summer 2012

bis

Bis - Do you not like the duo because it is too warm? I hope it doesn't look dirty or tired on me. Winthrop - Can't wait for you to get the duo. I worry it may make me look tired, so I wait for your thoughts. Icecaramellatte - Thanks for the swatches! I know, lip swatches are so hard to take. Both look pretty on you! I get what you mean about the shimmers of Orange Pareo vs Calypso. No one does shimmers like Chanel. Dior glosses have beautiful shimmers too, but they are sort of not integrated into the liquid like chanel as you said. Haven - lol! I get distracted too, and sometimes I wait too long and they get sold out, like Dior Aloha np. Now you got all 3 nps! I have asked you lots of questions at the Dior thread. :p
Yes, brown eyeshadows often make me look sick and tired, but after reading what Winthrop said, I think we will at least swatch it ;) When will the collection come out for you?

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! I'm certain I'll get the duo now. You avatar is lovely as always! What flower is it? It's beautiful. Chanel has a way of surprising us. My counter launched Perfection Lumiere foundation today, and it replaces matte lumiere , so I think we still have Prolumiere, but i cant confirm. Along with the foundation, there are Tumult and Malice JCs, but in baked formula. And, the Brompton blush too! I tried the Brompton blush on my cheeks and it showed up. Certainly getting it later on.

Winthrop44

Yes, thanks ladies, that is my first peony bloom ever! I planted 3 in 2010 and they did nothing - didn't even really grow at all - until now, and this spring I have buds on all of them so I'm thrilled!

Almus

Winthrop, your peony is gorgeous! I am not very successful with my plants in my little terrace, but for my orchid. It so full of flowers, that the smallest ones are literally buried underneath more flowers.

Here you go a pic:

I went shopping this morning and The Roses Ultimes collection is out now in here. I almost faded in front of those beautiful glossimers, when I remembered that some of them were not showing up very pigmented in the lips. So I came back home and now I am doing my homework and re-reading the entire post of the collection
girlhaha.gif
I think I may get Jalousie and Distraction nail polish for sure!

Winthrop44

Oh wow, that orchid is amazing! I have never been able to get an orchid to rebloom. That is just so beautiful!
eyelove.gif

Good idea to do your homework on that collection. So many of the glossimers were so unpigmented.

elegant-one

Almus - that Orchid is just stunning! I love the color of it. You are lucky as they are hard to grow.

Winthrop - I love Peonies so much. I wish that I would have dug up my mothher's Peony bushes & planted them at our house :(

So are you going to get RB? ;) If you do & you like it, I will get it
girlhaha.gif

Winthrop44

Awwww.....is there any way the current owners might let you have just one now?

Is RB the rose bronzer? No, I'm doing a good job of just forgetting about it. I thought it was interesting that Sabrina prefers the other one. If she or Amy review them I could cave but so far I'm holding strong!

Winthrop44

Uh-oh...is that the bronzer across the top? It looks really pretty! Is it more of a bronzer or a highlighter on you?

Bonitinha

You ladies and your beautiful photos!!

Elegant's gorgeous duo pics, Gail and Almus's flower pics, Partymarty's swatches . . . love all of them!

My order won't get here till Tuesday. Uggh, Chanel takes forever to ship out here. I am always a tad late to the party LOL

Just found out we have to be out of our house on May 15th rather than the 25th. So I probably won't be able to get on here as often as I like. I am packing like a mad woman while picking out everything for our new house
icon_eek.gif

cutemiauw

Oh Cute I didn't know if you wanted lip swatches. I really hate doing those. But I love my fellow Specktraettes so I tried. I didn't like the first lip swatch of Calypso because my lips looked dry so I remedied that and took more pics but I couldn't seem to get it to focus after that. Orange Pareo is not as pigmented as the Calypso. The color is lighter too. They don't look alike at all. Although Orange Pareo seemed to have a more obvious glitter than Calypso even though it was sparse. Calypso was more shimmery but the shimmer flecks meshed more with the gloss if that makes sense. I like Calypso more but I think I will make good use of Orange Pareo.

Chanel Calypso on top, Dior Orange Pareo on bottom
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Icedcaramellatte1/Swatches/bdcddb89.jpg

Dior Orange Pareo left, Chanel Calypso righ
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Icedcaramellatte1/Swatches/ded5138a.jpg

Dior Orange Pareo on lips
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Icedcaramellatte1/Swatches/80ced334.jpg

Chanel Calypso (focused)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Icedcaramellatte1/Swatches/d41e49bb.jpg

Chanel Calypso (unfocused)
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Icedcaramellatte1/Swatches/cfcb371a.jpg
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j256/Icedcaramellatte1/Swatches/a532caef.jpg!

Although the Orange Pareo isn't super pigmented, I think it does show up on lips a bit more than this pic shows but it was the best I could do.

I don't know why my pics wouldn't show up in the thread. But I think the links work.
Thank you
heart.gif
. Such lovely pics! Aww so sorry I didn't know you hated doing this, otherwise I wouldn't ask
th_hug.gif

I think I'm going to pass on Calypso because I'm not even reaching for my Nars Wonder that often. I guess I'm not a fan of reddish orange lips. Dior Orange Pareo, on the other hand...
jawdrop.gif
. It looks like that lip gloss I used to love so much but dc-ed. Definitely getting that one.

Almus - lovely orchid!!

PS; If you guys like, you could definitely call me astrid. I should've picked a better nick than cutemiauw but now it's too late
girlhaha.gif

Icecaramellatte

Thank you
heart.gif
. Such lovely pics! Aww so sorry I didn't know you hated doing this, otherwise I wouldn't ask
th_hug.gif

I think I'm going to pass on Calypso because I'm not even reaching for my Nars Wonder that often. I guess I'm not a fan of reddish orange lips. Dior Orange Pareo, on the other hand...
jawdrop.gif
. It looks like that lip gloss I used to love so much but dc-ed. Definitely getting that one.

Almus - lovely orchid!!

PS; If you guys like, you could definitely call me astrid. I should've picked a better nick than cutemiauw but now it's too late
girlhaha.gif
Maybe hate is too strong of a word. I just feel like I don't do such a great job taking swatch pics. But it was fine for you to ask. I love when others do it so I can return the favor. Glad you liked Orange Pareo.

Edit - When I wear Calypso, I don't think of it as a reddish orange. But next to Orange Pareo, it really does look that way. Calypso has this pink shimmer going through it that you can see in the tube. I didn't think it really translated to the lips but I guess that is how the red tint is coming through.

Almus

Thanks Winthrop! Both look very wearable although if I had to choose, I'd go for Sable beige ... decisions, decisions ...