Chanel Summer 2013

Sugar & Spice

At first I was going to skip the B2G1 mascara event but today I noticed its about time to replace my mascara and I use Chanel so its like perfect timing. I'll also go ahead and get Aqua Blue colored mascara, might as well.

Sugar & Spice

I ended up getting Blue Note mascara. I tried on Aqua Blue and my Chanel SA told me NO lol. She said Blue Note and Lime Light were the most purchased. Blue Note mascara and the Sunkissed illuminator which is perm is the only thing I got from this collection.

CartoonChic

I used the sale to get Blue Note, Lime Light and Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Prune. If I'm trying colored mascara, I wanted a purple one. I opted to pick up in store because I didn't want to wait for shipping. All 3 mascaras showed as in stock when I ordered early this morning, but Lime Light was cancelled because the store doesn't have it in stock. I'm fine with that because it's more like I did a B1G1 discount. If I like the colored mascaras, then I'll just go ahead and buy Lime Light later.

Icecaramellatte

I used the sale to get Blue Note, Lime Light and Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Prune. If I'm trying colored mascara, I wanted a purple one. I opted to pick up in store because I didn't want to wait for shipping. All 3 mascaras showed as in stock when I ordered early this morning, but Lime Light was cancelled because the store doesn't have it in stock. I'm fine with that because it's more like I did a B1G1 discount. If I like the colored mascaras, then I'll just go ahead and buy Lime Light later.
Do you mean they only charged you for one? That's great!

CartoonChic

Do you mean they only charged you for one? That's great!
Yup, I was charged for one. When I checked out, Blue Note was designated as the free mascara. I was only charged for Prune when Lime Light was canceled. I didn't notice at first and had placed another order with all 3 mascaras to be shipped. I was checking my first invoice for the store number to cancel the pick up order when I saw how I was charged. I immediately canceled the second shipped order instead.

Prettypackages

damn, I was not thinking and completely missed the sale. I knew about it, and still forgot to order. Ah well.

Pinkdollface

I got Azure and two of the Stylo Eyeshadows in Blue Bay and Jade Shore today. I love the Stylos! I used Blue Bay as a thick liner on my upper lid and blended a bit with a 242 brush. I used Jade Shore above that up into the crease and blended the outsite with a 217 brush. I'm really suprized how easy they blend for creamy shadows. The part where the colours touch eachother doesn't need to be blended because of these specific colours and I guess the glittery texture helps when blending the outside of the crease colour. I love the sparkles in them and the cool feeling they have. The sparkles make it look the way water looks when the sun hits it. These colours are right up my alley and I'll wear this look a lot. I already had on black mascara, but I'm sure I'll wear it a lot with the Blue Note mascara too. I got the idea of this look from a MUA, but adjusted it a bit to my liking.

Liz2012

Such a lovely collection from Chanel
love.gif
If i could i would've bought one of everything lol .. I bought the Blue Note mascara, Jade Shore & Blue Bay stylo eyeshadows, Azuré & Bel-argus nail polishes, and later on i got Moon River stylo eyeshadow and Pygmalion rcs as a Mother's Day gift from my lovely daughter and boyfriend :) I love everything
eyelove.gif

Pinkdollface

Such a lovely collection from Chanel
love.gif
If i could i would've bought one of everything lol .. I bought the Blue Note mascara, Jade Shore & Blue Bay stylo eyeshadows, Azuré & Bel-argus nail polishes, and later on i got Moon River stylo eyeshadow and Pygmalion rcs as a Mother's Day gift from my lovely daughter and boyfriend :) I love everything
eyelove.gif
Great haul and what a wonderful gift! I'm loving everything I got. I love that Chanel did something with a lot of colour, go Chanel!

Liz2012

Great haul and what a wonderful gift! I'm loving everything I got. I love that Chanel did something with a lot of colour, go Chanel!
iagree.gif
Such gorgeous colors, and the stylo eyeshadows, i LOVE those
eyelove.gif
I really hope Chanel will bring out more of those in the future.

gracie90

Ahhh, this comes out in a couple of days and I'm still not sure what I'm getting! Definitely the pink and platinum stylo e/s, and True Blue syw, but I'm torn about the nail polishes and mascaras.
Having never bought a Chanel n/p before, would you ladies say that Azure and Bel Argus are worth the money?

Miss QQ

I have both the nail polishes and I've worn Bel-Argus only. Love it. It isn't overly metallic like other typical metallics, and it has slight duochrome effect. The blue is gorgeous. But as usual Chanel nail polishes don't last on me, they can chip after a day.

patentg33k

Ahhh, this comes out in a couple of days and I'm still not sure what I'm getting! Definitely the pink and platinum stylo e/s, and True Blue syw, but I'm torn about the nail polishes and mascaras.
Having never bought a Chanel n/p before, would you ladies say that Azure and Bel Argus are worth the money?
Everyone needs Azure and Bel Argus. Especially Azure--it's incredible. The formula on both is excellent (no staining, easy coverage). So yes, the price is high but worth it.

gracie90

Quote:
Everyone needs Azure and Bel Argus. Especially Azure--it's incredible. The formula on both is excellent (no staining, easy coverage). So yes, the price is high but worth it.
Well, it looks like I'll be able to get my haul with 10% off, so I'm going to have to buy them now :)
I think we also get the new glossimer collection (can't remember the name) tomorrow in the UK, and I want Taboo n/p plus 3 glossimers too. I'm so excited!

gracie90

I found a couple of pics that we've probably already seen, but I can't wait to do my eyes like this in the summer :D

CartoonChic

I've had the chance to wear Blue Note and Prune mascaras. Love!
heart.gif

I wasn't expecting them to be so wearable colorwise. The colors are strong, but not obnoxious. You can still only tell I have on colored mascara if you're close to my face. It's such a nice surprise of color. I also love the formula. It's so smooth, no clumping, and my lashes looked longer. I think it even curled them a bit. I'm going back for Lime Light.

shontay07108

I've had the chance to wear Blue Note and Prune mascaras. Love! :heart: I wasn't expecting them to be so wearable colorwise. The colors are strong, but not obnoxious. You can still only tell I have on colored mascara if you're close to my face. It's such a nice surprise of color. I also love the formula. It's so smooth, no clumping, and my lashes looked longer. I think it even curled them a bit. I'm going back for Lime Light.
Yes! I cannot wait to see what you think of Lime Light. I'm still loving mine.

CartoonChic

Yes! I cannot wait to see what you think of Lime Light. I'm still loving mine.
I'm so glad you convinced me to try it. There's no going back now. My next step is to try lashes. My daughter wears them all the time. She doesn't consider her makeup done without them. I'll get her to help me.

By the way, I remember you gave mascara tips in another thread. I can't remember them. Something about pumping the wand, I think. I didn't retain the information since I wasn't wearing mascara regularly and was using samples. I don't want to do something to ruin my purchased mascara.