Chanel Summer 2013

Winthrop44

Probably just Azure for me from this collection, unless I see streaky swatches in which case my wallet will be safe altogether.

Shypo

Yeah, seeing them like this I'll probably skip them entirely.....I just hauled several Zoya polishes so I should be set for a good while.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the photo! These do look more dupe-able than not, although it's difficult to tell until you get up-close shots. Certainly Bel Argus reminds me of Illamasqua Viridian. Aside from trying out the shade sticks and possibly the polishes, there's not a lot in this collection for me, but I find that Summer is reliably my smallest haul. I think I've only bought one item from each of the last two Chanel collections!

Kaidan

I don't if this has been posted yet, but the ladies at PurseForum posted this image from the summer collection nail polishes:

They all look pretty!
Lovely colors! They look quite dupable, but I'm sure that won't people from buying them. Bel-Argus looks stunning.

I'm really interested in the waterproof mascara, especially Aqua Blue (I love that color!) and Zest because I've never seen a yellow mascara in my life.

CartoonChic

Right now I want Azure np and probably will try one of the shadow sticks. I hope that the shadow sticks are soft & long lasting. I also wish that there was a new bronzer powder this year.

I am assuming that the bright mascaras can be used as a sort of "highlight" on the lashes. I used to do this when I was (ahem) younger. I would layer different mascaras under black - skipping the tips and base of my lashes. So I would get a flash of color on the tips of the lashes, but not the entire lash being neon.

Maybe I will get one of the mascaras and play around with it too.
I never thought to highlight with mascara. That's a pretty neat idea.

Miss QQ

Right now I want Azure np and probably will try one of the shadow sticks.  I hope that the shadow sticks are soft & long lasting.  I also wish that there was a new bronzer powder this year. I am assuming that the bright mascaras can be used as a sort of "highlight" on the lashes.  I used to do this when I was (ahem) younger.  I would layer different mascaras under black - skipping the tips and base of my lashes.  So I would get a flash of color on the tips of the lashes, but not the entire lash being neon.  Maybe I will get one of the mascaras and play around with it too.
Great idea! I was having a chat with someone not long ago and she said in her school days she put purple mascara at the tips of her lashes. At first I thought it was those violet mascara that would show purple when sunlight hits, but she said the purple was visible indoors/outdoors, basically all the time. And she said it was the time when makeup and fashion were more liberal and showed individual character, specifically in my country. We both feel that now makeup and fashion have become conservative and "safe". So maybe I can try one of the colored mascara this summer!

Haven

I never thought to highlight with mascara. That's a pretty neat idea.
It is a way of adding some color without having your entire lash be a bright color. I would only cover up the bright color with black mascara in the middle portion of my lashes - leaving the tips & base a bright color.

I also tried using black mascara all over and then highlighting with the color on the tips over the black. The color really doesn't show up as well.

shontay07108

I hope the colored mascaras actually show up on the lashes! I'm not trying to go through the steps of primer and all that jazz. I'd love a yellow or lime green mascara. I'm bummed that it's not in the formula of the latest Chanel mascara (although, Inimitable is an old favorite). I'm really excited about the shadow sticks. Everyone seems to be doing them, so why not Chanel? They're so convenient.

cheburaha

I am not sure if these promos have already appeared somewhere in the Chanel threads, but that's the most complete list of Chanel summer releases that I've seen, so I thought you would enjoy it as well. It is from the Russian beauty blog, so the text is in Russian, but you'll get the idea-) If you need the translation of anything specific, let me know.
I am excited about the new powder in a beige box!
http://vvasilina.com/razveddannye-leto-chanel/

CartoonChic

I am not sure if these promos have already appeared somewhere in the Chanel threads, but that's the most complete list of Chanel summer releases that I've seen, so I thought you would enjoy it as well. It is from the Russian beauty blog, so the text is in Russian, but you'll get the idea-) If you need the translation of anything specific, let me know.
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait for the nail polishes. I'm thinking that's probably Azure in the last promo pic. Do I spy a green quad? I'll definitely get Fascination. I really like making smaller hauls from these collections.

katred

Specktra Bestie
These look amazing. I'm already drooling over some of those new RCs!

I was talking to a couple of MUAs at the counter near my work today and they said they'd been to "Chanel School" last week. Apparently, Chanel will be releasing about one collection/ new product per month for the rest of the year... I think I heard my wallet scream when they said that...

katred

Specktra Bestie
FYI, take it for what it's worth, but I popped the site into Google Translate, which does at least give some idea of what the text says:

"I've visited at work and came across a beautiful bukletiki with pictures of Summer Chanel. Asked to take pictures, but in the end I just gave it, because no one, he was not needed. Mark betray me anathema for publication, but I'm willing to take the risk)
Immediately warn photos are not the best quality: I died laptop and throw the photographs from the camera to aypad without it is impossible. Therefore, a special thank you bukletiki compilers for all colors signed)
First, mark out a new powder, promised a shining effect for all skin types (and someone in this year no such promises?), Light texture, SPF 15 + +, etc., but most remarkable, in my opinion , the fact that they dressed her: box is not black, but with a beige cap.Well, well, also a color for fashion. Powder also called Beige. Do not know about you, but I'm completely indifferent powdered Chanel, this I would hardly win.

Will leave more brush new one does not count, because it is included in the packaging powder beige and the other two also for powder, only one natural and the other synthetic, so I tried it.

Update the collection of glosses lightly, immediately there is a new lacquer, which I buy at least because of the name: Taboo.

The next promo I was very amused: Polish model for some reason hid nose. Once again given bad thoughts about the unsuccessful plastic, although he probably just wanted to focus on the eyes, still leaves another new mascara.

In addition to the collection of carcasses will include a couple of new baked fours and a couple of cream shadows, and a scattering of waterproof automatic pencils, including Pomegranate, suddenly who did not buy)

Next we please Chanel new shades of lipsticks and lacquers, including observed one of three FNO (which I most like, yay! But collectors contend), and one with a name that is already in the family varnishes Chanel met: Paparazzi.

And completes bukletiki collection with new automated shadows, mascara topcoat (color and waterproof! Four colors, including yellow. Not imagine the eyes ...) and new varnish.

I loved the promo note colored coating applied mascara to the lower lashes, it looks very cool. And, of course, I could not help but pay attention to the nails. At first I thought it was such a beautiful Azure, and it turned out to Azur and Bel-Argus together. I wonder how often does Chanel do that?"

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]OK, I did have to pause and wonder at "collection of carcasses"... Worst. Collection name. Ever. [/FONT]
icon_eek.gif
But other than that, the translation seems to at least convey the idea. (Now watch, it'll turn out that "Les Carcasses de Chanel" is the Fall collection...)

Miss QQ

So I suspect the new powder in the white top compact is some sort of illuminator like this hourglass powder.

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2013/02/hourglass-ambient-lighting-powder.html

Can't wait for it to launch!