Charlotte Tilbury Makeup...

elegant-one

What's the miracle wand?

I ordered the new magic complexion brush. I remember loving it in a video we watched some time ago. I hope it's nice. It already sold out on Nordies but is back in stock.

Sabrunka

I'm glad the foundation finally made it to the States. The coverage is medium... no matter how much you layer it. I'm over the moon about the foundation match (I'm #9) and I like how it binds to the skin, but I still prefer the original. This one I noticed also fades on me after about 4 hours. No comment on that Miracle Wand. I really don't understand why it exists.

Is there a reason why you don't like it? I kinda just bought it on a whim because reviews looked pretty decent!

Sabrunka

What's the miracle wand?

I ordered the new magic complexion brush. I remember loving it in a video we watched some time ago. I hope it's nice. It already sold out on Nordies but is back in stock.

It's an eye cream on one side an then a brightener/concealer on the other end!

Ingenue

Is there a reason why you don't like it? I kinda just bought it on a whim because reviews looked pretty decent!

I bought it too because of the reviews! So disappointed. It's sheer and ends up patchy. And if you use the serum first it's even more sheer. The so called 'illumination' is not really effective because the consistency is so wacky. You'd do better with touche eclat. Her Retoucher is AMAZING. I have no idea why she'd come out with the wand because it doesn't perform half as well as the Retoucher.

Sabrunka

I bought it too because of the reviews! So disappointed. It's sheer and ends up patchy. And if you use the serum first it's even more sheer. The so called 'illumination' is not really effective because the consistency is so wacky. You'd do better with touche eclat. Her Retoucher is AMAZING. I have no idea why she'd come out with the wand because it doesn't perform half as well as the Retoucher.

Thats weird!! I think what I'm going to try is applying that serum at the same time I apply my moisturizer/primer on the rest of my face, then do my entire face with foundation, then apply that illuminator to my undereyes at the end. So it'll be sitting on top of whatever foundation I got under there. I hope I can make it work, otherwise I'll be crabby lol.

Antigone

I think the Light Wonder Glow might be breaking me out. Anyone has the same experience? I have used it only 2x and I have a giant pimple on the side of my face. I'm not acne-prone. Then again, I didn't use foundation until this year started (I did sporadically several years ago, then got bored, moved on to other hobbies, and now found myself sucked into foundation again - blaming all these dewy, glowy releases!) so I don't know if cosmetics break me out.

boschicka

What's the miracle wand?

I'm thinking about getting that brush too. Look forward to your thoughts on it!

elegant-one

I'm thinking about getting that brush too. Look forward to your thoughts on it!

Ok my dear. I thought that I would have received a ship notice today, but sadly I did not. I really wanted it after seeing her use it in a video lol.

Hopefully my post will actually post this time :(

Ingenue

Thats weird!! I think what I'm going to try is applying that serum at the same time I apply my moisturizer/primer on the rest of my face, then do my entire face with foundation, then apply that illuminator to my undereyes at the end. So it'll be sitting on top of whatever foundation I got under there. I hope I can make it work, otherwise I'll be crabby lol.

Let me know how it works out for you! Maybe I just got a bad pen (I got the very first batch). Here's hoping.

Haven

I have been using the her new foundation for several days now and really like it! So far so good. I was initially wary bc of the mixed reviews. Tried a few samples and then took the plunge.

I have been using Mac skin primer with it. I really dislike her original foundation and wonderglow, so this was a pleasant surprise.

I also ordered the brush which should be here Tuesday.

Sabrunka

newfound.jpg
newfound2.jpg

I am SO SORRY for these awful as hell photos lol. I got my magic foundation in my proper shade, 3.5, and I'm happy with the outcome! It's SLIGHTLY different than my exact match foundation, MUFE 225 in the HD foundation, but it still matches me well. I also tried the brightening/concealing side of the magic pen and I actually really like it! I don't have much to cover so maybe that's why :p.

elegant-one

Got my Magic Complexion brush today & I really really LOVE it! The brush is very soft & dense & lays down the foundation beautifully with nice flawless coverage. I love the shape of it very much because you can use it on the lids etc. with such perfect ease. I used it with my Les Beiges powder foundation.

Antigone

Got my Light Wonder in fair 2. It oxidises on me. I actually think it makes me darker (coz of the oxidisation) and has little coverage so not really liking it. However, I was told I don't look my age the day I wore it so who knows, maybe it works.

Alysse011

I may be late to the party on this, but the Retoucher concealer is very good! I don't have terrible circles to conceal, but this is so bright, great coverage for me, and lasts.

Haven

My new foundation brush was shedding like crazy. If this continues, then it is going right back!