Christian Louboutin Beauty -- COMING SOON?

fur4elise

So very tempted! But I'm holding out for the new Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifique Bronzing Powder...Only allowed one high end splurge for the next month...sigh. Funny though, I am not overwhelmed with how these look on her...something...the application looks a little sloppy? Like they could get messy in a heart beat and come off with any sipping or nibbling...hmmmm

awickedshape

So very tempted! But I'm holding out for the new Guerlain Terracotta Terra Magnifique Bronzing Powder...Only allowed one high end splurge for the next month...sigh. Funny though, I am not overwhelmed with how these look on her...something...the application looks a little sloppy? Like they could get messy in a heart beat and come off with any sipping or nibbling...hmmmm

Yes; very slick. I couldn't try a dark shade of it, as appealing as the darkest shade is

I can just imagine having to check my teeth or pulling away the strand of hair that got stuck to my lip and feeling it leave a streak across my cheek lol

Prettypackages

No she didn't do a good job putting these on. I think you'll have to use thin layers to build it up.

GreenEyedAllie

Thanks for the intel. I avoid Saks after last year's issue with my Just Nothing order.

I would like to try one of these, but that price tag :snooty:

I was definitely getting one once I heard it was more like a liquid lipstick, but after AWS's link I'm not feeling it for a gloss.

No she didn't do a good job putting these on. I think you'll have to use thin layers to build it up.

Yeah. I hate to critique someone else's makeup skills, but that looks pretty bad.

fur4elise

Thanks for the intel. I avoid Saks after last year's issue with my Just Nothing order.

I was definitely getting one once I heard it was more like a liquid lipstick, but after AWS's link I'm not feeling it for a gloss.

Yeah. I hate to critique someone else's makeup skills, but that looks pretty bad.

x's 2! It also tells me even a skilled hand with this product can get sloppy. i no like looking sloppy!

awickedshape

That's a bummer about Saks!!

I'm just gonna leave this here
Swatches mwhahahaha
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG-cYI4r2Gl/

Sugar & Spice

Well since they are lipsticks, I got 2. The dark shade and the beige/brown nude. I love both and a little goes a long way and it looks like people are over applying them because they're not messy at all and no different than other liquid lipsticks which can all be messy if you're sloppy with your application. These lipsticks are close too Girogio Armani liquid maestros but where as girogio Armani dry down and become drying on my lips, CL stays moisturizing and even throughout the day and has great lasting power.

fur4elise

I'm just gonna leave this here
Swatches mwhahahaha
https://www.instagram.com/p/BG-cYI4r2Gl/
Evil woman! I love Altressa 502L the best! #buyallthereds

Well since they are lipsticks, I got 2. The dark shade and the beige/brown nude. I love both and a little goes a long way and it looks like people are over applying them because they're not messy at all and no different than other liquid lipsticks which can all be messy if you're sloppy with your application. These lipsticks are close too Girogio Armani liquid maestros but where as Giorgio Armani dry down and become drying on my lips, CL stays moisturizing and even throughout the day and has great lasting power.
Thank you for the overview...I just indulged and used the GA Lip Maestros for the first time this past weekend. My biggest beef was they do not have staying power! However I liked the formula because it did not dry down as much as say my KVD lipsticks. So the CL is more moisturizing yet stays...sounds good to me. I'll keep Altressa on my lust/must list. ;)

Sugar & Spice

Evil woman! I love Altressa 502L the best! #buyallthereds

Thank you for the overview...I just indulged and used the GA Lip Maestros for the first time this past weekend. My biggest beef was they do not have staying power! However I liked the formula because it did not dry down as much as say my KVD lipsticks. So the CL is more moisturizing yet stays...sounds good to me. I'll keep Altressa on my lust/must list. ;)

Yep GA maestros would be perfect if they lasted and didn't leave unevenness behind and you can't just reapply or do a touch up, you have to start all over so they become too much of a hassel. But CL got it right!

fur4elise

Yep GA maestros would be perfect if they lasted and didn't leave unevenness behind and you can't just reapply or do a touch up, you have to start all over so they become too much of a hassel. But CL got it right!
LOL! You hit it bang on! Luckily when I wore the GA LM I lined my lips. I do with just about all my lippies to stave off bleeding. The liner made reapplication much easier. I was happy to see your review because I was afraid the CL Loubilaque was more gloss than liquid lip. ;)

Sugar & Spice

LOL! You hit it bang on! Luckily when I wore the GA LM I lined my lips. I do with just about all my lippies to stave off bleeding. The liner made reapplication much easier. I was happy to see your review because I was afraid the CL Loubilaque was more gloss than liquid lip. ;)

CL is glossy that's why you have to be mindful how you apply and your application. When you take the applicator out, wipe off the brush first then apply and you can build from there. But don't just whip it out and start applying or else you will have gloss cakey lips. I think the promos are being "extra" just to sell the product but it doesn't take a lot of product and you certainly won't need a ton of layers to get color pay off.

Latest posts