Christopher Kane for NARS

Shars

Oh by the way, she works for Nars. lol
I feel the opposite to her. I went to a NY boutique yesterday and although it wasn't due to launch until today, they had everything out. My friend and I were there for an hour and their SA Daniel went through all the products with us as well as some other products from other lines. Apparently, Francois is a hands guy so the shadows are meant to be applied with finger tips. They're also moreso shadow toppers than alone shadows. Pics do not do these justice. The duo (Parallel Universe) is multi-faceted and can only be appreciated, IMO, in person. That said, on a finger press, none of the glitter fell out and I had intensity on a non-primed hand for over an hour before I wiped it off. The pink blush (Starscape) was not powdery in the least and something about the yellow undertone is very flattering - it's to die for. I also really loved the pink multiple (Quantum). On my face, we used it over their new foundation and topped it with the blush. I had told the SA that I wasn't impressed with swatches of the glosses we had seen online but after he explained that they're more like stains and he tried it on my friend with her look, I think I'm going to get two of them. They're like those tarte lip thingys that adjust colour based on the heat in your lip etc. The glossiness lasted about 2 hrs and the stain lasted until she took it off. The gold single is also very beautiful

Although this pic does not do the swatches any justice, I'm still posting for reference. The top 2 are from the duo. The pink blush is on the left and the gold duo single on the right. The purple shadow has fine teal, purple, pink and blue shadows going through it. The goldy/green has a darker green and some others. We couldn't get it to photograph well. The gold is also more pigmented than it shows in my hand swatch.

https://instagram.com/p/1bWUNhNMdK/

In this pic, my friend is wearing Mezmer gloss (the corally one). She's on the left.
https://instagram.com/p/1bg3VXtMQ8/

Aquamarine1543

I feel the opposite to her. I went to a NY boutique yesterday and although it wasn't due to launch until today, they had everything out. My friend and I were there for an hour and their SA Daniel went through all the products with us as well as some other products from other lines. Apparently, Francois is a hands guy so the shadows are meant to be applied with finger tips. They're also moreso shadow toppers than alone shadows. Pics do not do these justice. The duo (Parallel Universe) is multi-faceted and can only be appreciated, IMO, in person. That said, on a finger press, none of the glitter fell out and I had intensity on a non-primed hand for over an hour before I wiped it off. The pink blush (Starscape) was not powdery in the least and something about the yellow undertone is very flattering - it's to die for. I also really loved the pink multiple (Quantum). On my face, we used it over their new foundation and topped it with the blush. I had told the SA that I wasn't impressed with swatches of the glosses we had seen online but after he explained that they're more like stains and he tried it on my friend with her look, I think I'm going to get two of them. They're like those tarte lip thingys that adjust colour based on the heat in your lip etc. The glossiness lasted about 2 hrs and the stain lasted until she took it off. The gold single is also very beautiful

Although this pic does not do the swatches any justice, I'm still posting for reference. The top 2 are from the duo. The pink blush is on the left and the gold duo single on the right. The purple shadow has fine teal, purple, pink and blue shadows going through it. The goldy/green has a darker green and some others. We couldn't get it to photograph well. The gold is also more pigmented than it shows in my hand swatch.

In this pic, my friend is wearing Mezmer gloss (the corally one). She's on the left.

I still wonder how they are even if I heard about some reviews from my source because I haven't seen them in person. But I'll visit the counter on Friday or so to see them!
By the way, you said Starscape is something about yellow undertone. Is it quite warm-toned pink? I mean it looks like quite warm-toned pink based on various swatches (because I could also see about yellow undertone) even if they said it's cool-toned.
And did you see Violet Atom? How's it?

Shars

I still wonder how they are even if I heard about some reviews from my source because I haven't seen them in person. But I'll visit the counter on Friday or so to see them!
By the way, you said Starscape is something about yellow undertone. Is it quite warm-toned pink? I mean it looks like quite warm-toned pink based on various swatches (because I could also see about yellow undertone) even if they said it's cool-toned.
And did you see Violet Atom? How's it?
So true. Better if you can decide in person on your own skin.
Starscape has a yellow undertone... not so yellow as to be troublesome to some, but it's definitely not a neutral nor cool pink to me - worlds apart from Coeur Battant - definitely not a magenta. The SA did compare it to another blush as its warmer cousin but the name escapes me.

Violet Atom was really pretty too. Both of them are very creamy but once they touched the skin, they took on a powdered finish. Not powdery in an unflattering way, but more like a nice finish. That said, I was wearing the ADLW foundation underneath and that could have had something to do with it giving a less dewy, powdered finish. I think it will be super pretty on fairer skin tones... darker ones, not so much as it has a slight silver pearl that may read ashy.

Aquamarine1543

So true. Better if you can decide in person on your own skin.
Starscape has a yellow undertone... not so yellow as to be troublesome to some, but it's definitely not a neutral nor cool pink to me - worlds apart from Coeur Battant - definitely not a magenta. The SA did compare it to another blush as its warmer cousin but the name escapes me.

Violet Atom was really pretty too. Both of them are very creamy but once they touched the skin, they took on a powdered finish. Not powdery in an unflattering way, but more like a nice finish. That said, I was wearing the ADLW foundation underneath and that could have had something to do with it giving a less dewy, powdered finish. I think it will be super pretty on fairer skin tones... darker ones, not so much as it has a slight silver pearl that may read ashy.
I thought just like you! I can see Starscape is definitely much warmer than Gaiety or Coeur Battant. Did you compare it with Desire? If it is warmer than Desire, I should skip it.
After I heard about your opinion, it's possible for me not to get Starscape, but to buy Violet Atom instead. It's the opposite to my first plan. lol

Prettypackages

So I see I'll have to check them out. I looked at your friends pics,, looks like you all had a blast at IMATS. I'll go next year for sure!

Shars

So I see I'll have to check them out. I looked at your friends pics,, looks like you all had a blast at IMATS. I'll go next year for sure!
Yes, definitely check them out if you can. Awww, we did have a good time. You should try to go if you can. We may go to the Makeup Show next year instead to compare. IMATS has gotten very commercial and geared towards sales but that united love of makeup can't be beaten.

Shars

I just re-read Karen's post and her swatch of Starscape is pretty darn accurate, at least on my skin. I didn't buy it yesterday though so I can't reswatch.

Jill1228

Quantum and Starscape... APRILMINI15 promo code for a free mini orgasm blush? Yes please... And 5% back on ebates...GIMME

RupaulManiac

I'm grateful for that! The Fall collection looks like it could be interesting or more of the same but I'm definitely looking forward to the Steven Klein holiday collection. I can understand the disappointment in this collection but I'm looking forward to trying things out for myself.
Where do you go on specktra to find updates for what collections Nars will be coming out with? There's a Mac thread where they post about all upcoming 2015 collections and then link the thread for each of those collections, (http://www.specktra.net/t/190325/2015-mac-collection-calendar) . I haven't found anything like that for any other makeup brands, like Nars, but people still know about the collections coming up way ahead of time. Any info on how yall know for Nars stuff would be so helpful, I really want to be more prepared for these Nars collections!

Aquamarine1543

Where do you go on specktra to find updates for what collections Nars will be coming out with? There's a Mac thread where they post about all upcoming 2015 collections and then link the thread for each of those collections, (http://www.specktra.net/t/190325/2015-mac-collection-calendar) . I haven't found anything like that for any other makeup brands, like Nars, but people still know about the collections coming up way ahead of time. Any info on how yall know for Nars stuff would be so helpful, I really want to be more prepared for these Nars collections!
Nars doesn't reveal the whole information about each year's upcoming collections unlike Mac, so that's why we don't have that kind of thread.

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go ahead and book an appointment. I really like the looks of shadows.

hitchcockblonde

We don't have a calendar or anything, the closest thing we have is just the main Nars discussion forum here: http://www.specktra.net/f/264/nars that has all the threads for past and incoming collections with the information that we know of. Which honestly isn't usually much until right before the collection launches.

Ernie

I know I seem to be the only one left interested in this collection but it is available now at the Nars website. I ordered Quantum last night and I had ordered Starscape, Outer Limits, and Violet Atom from Lord & Taylor earlier. Outer Limits and Violet Atom should be delivered today and the blush will be here later this week. And I still want to pick up the rest of the collection although I might wait until it shows up on Sephora for it.
I ordered a few things from Bloomingdales, as they are having an event. I got both blushes, the single and duo shadows and Nucleus gloss. Still on the fence about the multiples.

Kisha

I'm picking up starscape for sure the shadows and a couple of glosses as soon as I'm able to get to a Nars counter.

javadoo

I'm still on the fence.
I will definitely pass on the Starscape blush....but those eyeshadows are still on my mind.
I think I have to see them in person, nut I know if I do that I will buy them regardless of the bad reviews.