Christopher Kane for NARS

elegant-one

I feel the opposite to her. I went to a NY boutique yesterday and although it wasn't due to launch until today, they had everything out. My friend and I were there for an hour and their SA Daniel went through all the products with us as well as some other products from other lines. Apparently, Francois is a hands guy so the shadows are meant to be applied with finger tips. They're also moreso shadow toppers than alone shadows. Pics do not do these justice. The duo (Parallel Universe) is multi-faceted and can only be appreciated, IMO, in person. That said, on a finger press, none of the glitter fell out and I had intensity on a non-primed hand for over an hour before I wiped it off. The pink blush (Starscape) was not powdery in the least and something about the yellow undertone is very flattering - it's to die for. I also really loved the pink multiple (Quantum). On my face, we used it over their new foundation and topped it with the blush. I had told the SA that I wasn't impressed with swatches of the glosses we had seen online but after he explained that they're more like stains and he tried it on my friend with her look, I think I'm going to get two of them. They're like those tarte lip thingys that adjust colour based on the heat in your lip etc. The glossiness lasted about 2 hrs and the stain lasted until she took it off. The gold single is also very beautiful

Although this pic does not do the swatches any justice, I'm still posting for reference. The top 2 are from the duo. The pink blush is on the left and the gold duo single on the right. The purple shadow has fine teal, purple, pink and blue shadows going through it. The goldy/green has a darker green and some others. We couldn't get it to photograph well. The gold is also more pigmented than it shows in my hand swatch.

https://instagram.com/p/1bWUNhNMdK/

In this pic, my friend is wearing Mezmer gloss (the corally one). She's on the left.
https://instagram.com/p/1bg3VXtMQ8/
You 2 are so pretty & adorable! Thanks for the info.

elegant-one

I maintain, along with others, that you MUST try them in person and don't rely on swatches! I got Violet Atom, and it's GORGEOUS!!! I am NC35, for reference, and this Multiple shows up just fine on my skin and is not sheer. I mean, yeah, if you post a review with a "one swipe" swatch (not going to mention any names), it's going to look sheer. ANYTHING WILL, unless you're posting warpaint swatches! Violet Atom is a lovely duo chrome as well, which was never mentioned, and doesn't translate into an online swatch. I love it on my lips….think of it as an amp-ed up MAC Pervette (except more violet toned, at least on me). I tried taking images with my iPhone but again the swatches don't translate the beauty of it! I shall try with my regular camera.

The shadows are NOT powdery and quite lovely as well. I got Outer Limits and plan to use it as a highlighter on my cheeks as well as eyes!
rasta.gif
I could just kiss you for posting this
girlhaha.gif
th_kiss.gif
I MUST get Violet Atom! Pervette is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE lipsticks!!!

elegant-one

I just ordered Quantum since its an exclusive. I had to get the mini orgasm blush
heart.gif
I will get Violet Atom, Starscape & Mezmer from NM or Nordies when they get the collection.

Everything looks so beautiful on Karen. I love how she used VA with Quantum - beautiful.

hitchcockblonde

I just ordered Quantum since its an exclusive. I had to get the mini orgasm blush :heart: I will get Violet Atom, Starscape & Mezmer from NM or Nordies when they get the collection. Everything looks so beautiful on Karen. I love how she used VA with Quantum - beautiful.
Those are good picks! I'm not a gloss girl but I really love Mezmer, it leaves a gorgeous stain. Violet Atom is gorgeous too. Like a subtle "mermaid skin" kind of effect. It has a really nice blue sheen/duochrome. Starscape is one of my favorites from this collection. Super pigmented and not dry at all. Haven't gotten a chance to try Quantum yet but it looks nice. I officially have all 10 pieces of this collection as of a couple hours ago!

elegant-one

Those are good picks! I'm not a gloss girl but I really love Mezmer, it leaves a gorgeous stain. Violet Atom is gorgeous too. Like a subtle "mermaid skin" kind of effect. It has a really nice blue sheen/duochrome. Starscape is one of my favorites from this collection. Super pigmented and not dry at all. Haven't gotten a chance to try Quantum yet but it looks nice. I officially have all 10 pieces of this collection as of a couple hours ago!
icon_eek.gif
How awesome dear! Thanks so much for posting this info!!! I'm happy we loved the same things
friends.gif
I can't wait to get the rest of the collection.

Addict4MAC

I feel the opposite to her. I went to a NY boutique yesterday and although it wasn't due to launch until today, they had everything out. My friend and I were there for an hour and their SA Daniel went through all the products with us as well as some other products from other lines. Apparently, Francois is a hands guy so the shadows are meant to be applied with finger tips. They're also moreso shadow toppers than alone shadows. Pics do not do these justice. The duo (Parallel Universe) is multi-faceted and can only be appreciated, IMO, in person. That said, on a finger press, none of the glitter fell out and I had intensity on a non-primed hand for over an hour before I wiped it off. The pink blush (Starscape) was not powdery in the least and something about the yellow undertone is very flattering - it's to die for. I also really loved the pink multiple (Quantum). On my face, we used it over their new foundation and topped it with the blush. I had told the SA that I wasn't impressed with swatches of the glosses we had seen online but after he explained that they're more like stains and he tried it on my friend with her look, I think I'm going to get two of them. They're like those tarte lip thingys that adjust colour based on the heat in your lip etc. The glossiness lasted about 2 hrs and the stain lasted until she took it off. The gold single is also very beautiful  Although this pic does not do the swatches any justice, I'm still posting for reference. The top 2 are from the duo. The pink blush is on the left and the gold duo single on the right. The purple shadow has fine teal, purple, pink and blue shadows going through it. The goldy/green has a darker green and some others. We couldn't get it to photograph well. The gold is also more pigmented than it shows in my hand swatch. https://instagram.com/p/1bWUNhNMdK/ In this pic, my friend is wearing Mezmer gloss (the corally one). She's on the left. https://instagram.com/p/1bg3VXtMQ8/ 
Thank you for sharing! You and your friend look gorgeous! :)
05123c7c_image.jpeg
Starscape and Silent Nude
d2f96445_image.jpeg
Outer Limits and Parallel Universe
bf4b29da_image.jpeg
Mezmer
Thanks for sharing!
Starscape and Outer Limits!!
I'm eyeing those two as well.