Clinique Makeup

RedRibbon

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to build up a decent makeup kit and have come across some Clinique eyeshadows..does anyone have any experience of these cosmetics and how good the colour payoff is?

I'm looking to buy this palette:

Clinique Palette from Love Make Up by: Clinique - Love Make Up -

Is there anything else from Clinique which is a must have item?

Thanks
winkiss.gif

bis

Re: Clinique makeup

I have a few of the Super Shimmer eyeshadows and I like them a lot. They are very smooth and buttery and are not as shimmery as the name might suggest (that initially put me off). The ones I have blend like heaven.

One of my favorites of Clinique is Black Smoke, but that was from the Christmas collection last year. Perfect not-so-black-black and it basically blends itself.
hth

ladyJ

I have a couple of their shadows when I first started collecting makeup. I think they are decent for their price. You also get a lot of product. It doesn't hurt to test them out youself. Everyone has different opinons.

SmokeSignal16

Hi! I work for Clinique so it's nice to hear when the brand get recognized on this forum lol
smiles.gif
, in my opinion the eyeshadows can be hit or miss sometimes. There are some that look pretty but you have to build sooo much color to get it to work (Lilac Truffle I'm looking at you!). But most of them work pretty good and it is a good value, I would def check out the Super Shimmer formula since that blends and has great payoff. Soft Shimmer is also pretty good too. If you ever need swatches of colors let me know because I honestly own like almost every current color we have right now lol And the palette your looking out came out with the holiday stuff just this previous x-mas. I can swatch those colors too if your interested.

Simply Elegant

I like the super shimmer colours too. They give good colour payoff but then again I'm pretty fair and it doesn't take much usually. Not my favourite brand for eyeshadows but if I really like a colour I'll buy it.

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
I have a couple of their shadows when I first started collecting makeup. I think they are decent for their price. You also get a lot of product. It doesn't hurt to test them out youself. Everyone has different opinons.

Thanks
smiles.gif
I would test this palette out but I couldn't seem to see it in the shops anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Hi! I work for Clinique so it's nice to hear when the brand get recognized on this forum lol
smiles.gif
, in my opinion the eyeshadows can be hit or miss sometimes. There are some that look pretty but you have to build sooo much color to get it to work (Lilac Truffle I'm looking at you!). But most of them work pretty good and it is a good value, I would def check out the Super Shimmer formula since that blends and has great payoff. Soft Shimmer is also pretty good too. If you ever need swatches of colors let me know because I honestly own like almost every current color we have right now lol And the palette your looking out came out with the holiday stuff just this previous x-mas. I can swatch those colors too if your interested.

A swatch would be excellent, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I like the super shimmer colours too. They give good colour payoff but then again I'm pretty fair and it doesn't take much usually. Not my favourite brand for eyeshadows but if I really like a colour I'll buy it.

I'm hoping to team it up with either UDPP or some white eyeliner as I have a few pastelly Indian outfits that I can wear these colours with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
I have a few of the Super Shimmer eyeshadows and I like them a lot. They are very smooth and buttery and are not as shimmery as the name might suggest (that initially put me off). The ones I have blend like heaven.

One of my favorites of Clinique is Black Smoke, but that was from the Christmas collection last year. Perfect not-so-black-black and it basically blends itself.
hth

I'm going to have a look for that if I can find it anywhere, trying to build up a one of each colour collection.

anita22

I love Clinique's tinted moisturiser, Moisture Sheer Tint. It's the only one I've found that's actually truly matte (I have oily skin so this is really important!) It has good coverage too, kind of like a lightweight foundation.

I also agree with the recs for shimmery eyeshadows. I really like the Colour Surge duo in Strawberry Fudge, the colours are really unique (hard to describe, but it has a beautiful pink that turn gold when applied, paired with a pinky plum).

gildedangel

The eyeshadows are a little hit and miss, but they have really great texture. And you get a lot of product! I like Clinique most for their skincare though, most of that stuff is amazing!

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
The eyeshadows are a little hit and miss, but they have really great texture. And you get a lot of product! I like Clinique most for their skincare though, most of that stuff is amazing!

I've tried their skincare and three step didn't really do much for me, the liquid soap works far better on its own on my skin so I do use that but have found other products elsewhere.

I like the fact that it is pigmented as I've bought some Smashbox shadows which don't really show up on my skin and then some that do
ssad.gif

coachkitten

I really like Clinique. It for sure does not offer bright and out there colors like MAC but they have great quality and color pay off. My favorite is the sunburst duo and no show taupes. I have used both of those colors for years. I also agree that their matte shadows are excellent. They also have awesome blushes,foundation products, and mascaras. Not to mention great skin care.

SmokeSignal16

I'll try and swatch all of my stash tonight and get them all sorted and uploaded so by tomorrow they should be up lol (if not sooner)

tokidoki1825

I don't know their eyeshadows all that well, but I do highly recommend the Fresh Bloom Allover Color and the Colour Surge Butter Shine lipstick (it's a perfect slightly sheer, gel consistency lipstick, glossy and pretty long-lasting).

I do have an Eyeshadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge, and I like it! Very pretty colors, kind of light on the pigmentation but you can definitely do a nice, soft pastel kind of look with them, and they apply really well. HTH!

gigiopolis

I LOVE the Fresh Bloom Allover Color in Peony (got it as GWP), when I'm out though I'm so getting the full-size!

As for the eyeshadows, I like them. The texture is really nice and smooth, but I find that some of them are not terribly pigmented and can be too frosty (maybe just the ones I tried though).

SmokeSignal16

I apologize I'll have swatches tonight (I'll make sure and get that palette you were eyeing first) I wasnt feeling so hot last night so I laid down for a few minutes and then woke up at like 9am lol so yeah I'll get'em up!

SmokeSignal16

Alrighty I finally have the swatches for the palette, and the colors are the exact order that they appear in the palette, I wish these came out better but hopefully they can aid you! They are with no base and I'm an NC15 for ref, one is with and without flash.

no flash

w/ flash

RedRibbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Alrighty I finally have the swatches for the palette, and the colors are the exact order that they appear in the palette, I wish these came out better but hopefully they can aid you! They are with no base and I'm an NC15 for ref, one is with and without flash.

no flash

w/ flash

winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
winkiss.gif
Thank you! Going on those swatches and the adjustment to my skin colour I will place the order ASAP. The green looks quite buildable and I could use the barely there shade as highlighter
yes.gif

lilMAClady

I work there as well and as A previous poster mentioned they can be hit or miss. They are nice cosmetics, but they weren't 'designed' for drama. They are all about the pretty naatural looking face. That being said the colors are all pretty tame in nature and provide decent payoff without glitter or staining. I like drama and over the top looks myself so I'm drawn to Coffee Shop duo, Strike it Rich (OMG), Peacock, Beach Plum and Strawberry Fudge. I'm an NC45 at MAC for reference! Hope this helps! Now, off to work!
winks.gif

Latest posts