Clinique Makeup

fur4elise

Totally a no go on the Beyond Perfecting Foundation!

First the shade the artist matched me with had an almost red undertone which did nothing for my complexion. While it was the right shade (not too light, not to dark) the color was wrong.

ALSO this foundation turned me into a walking oil slick! Even with a mattifying primer. :( I cannot remember the last time I had blot my face as many times as I did today. So if you are looking for a dewy finish...but for me with a moderate t-zone this was impossible.

The foundation did oxidize but being a WOC with a medium tan complexion is was not as noticeable, in fact it probably made it a better match. lol. The truth is they just do not have enough shades for light skin or WOC!

I will say this, the coverage was nice and it did indeed hold up for well over 8 hours of wear. That being said I blotted carefully. The formula itself never completely set, so the warning is if you are wearing something light in color beware as this will transfer very easily.

I am now onto my samples of Estee Lauder Double Wear. I am hopeful as the mua used a matching tool (like those in Sephora). I left the store wearing the foundation. It looked like a good match in daylight and it set up very nicely. I will wear it for a full day tomorrow. Fingers crossed...;)

Mixxi

I have been loving my intense chubby stick in roomiest Rose that my mum gave to me after it didn't suit her so I thought I'd check out Clinique's other products. I ended up buying two more chubby sticks: one in beige for eyes and one in chunkiest chilli for lips. The beige one for eyes is really pretty and I plan on using it for a quick brightener to my inner corner. I also bought a sugar pot I think it's called? It's the double sided lip scrub/lip balm and I got it in orange blossom although I feel the colours are so sheer that it doesn't matter which you go for. It's lovely nonetheless.

Latest posts