Concealer: Before or After foundation?

YesicaElana

After. It moves if you put it on before and you find yourself needing more. Plus you won't know what to conceal and how much to conceal until you put on your foundation and concealer blends better over foundation.

User38

I use two concealers -- a corrector for color and then a light concealer. I like to put on the color corrector after I do my eye makeup usually after the last application of mascara. I will then put on my foundation, and the light concealer in order to even it all up -- I then finish it all off with LM Secret brightening powder
smiles.gif

meela188

It really depends on what type of foundation you use. If you use a liquid foundation then you def put on you concealer after your foundation, because if you put it on before you will probably wipe most of it off while putting on your foundation. you must remember to moisturize your face prior to putting on concealer and then blend after your concealer has been set, finish everything off with a good loose powder.

kariii

I find when I put on concealer after, it looks really blotchy, I don't have much to cover though, just a few scars I get from little pimples I get near 'time of the month'and some red blemishes here and there.. so I dab a little under and put on regular foundation.. Plus my conealer is a lighter color than regular foundation but my under eye, I do after since it's a brightenning one and it doesn't make much sense to put it under. So to answer your question.. face concealer under foundation, under eyes concealer over foundation..

jazmatazz

I put concealer before on my face. I have a lot to cover and I found this method works best for my skin. I can also put on less foundation this way since most of my issues are taking care of. I've been using MAC select cover up and if you let it dry a little bit, it doesn't really budge. Under eye concealer goes after.

You aren't doing it wrong, definitely do what works best for you!

makeba

i have found a method that works for me now. i use the mufe concealor pallette with the orange concealor in it. i put on the orange concealor then i put on my foundation. if i use my liquid foundation i still put on the orange concealor first but will pat the foundation under my eye area followed up with the light colored concealor in the pallette that brightens the eye area. since doing this method i have found the coverage is better. but still do what works for you.

sja103

I put it on after. When you put your foundation on it sometimes evens out or covers up what you need to be covered, so you dont actually need concealer. Also, I find it just moves the concealer around when you put it on before.