Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

mysticcookie

Hi

I'm starting a Make-up short course in october and I need to buy a brush set.
As I don't have a big budget I've been eyeing up the Crownbrush Studio Set and Deluxe Studio Set. I'm pretty new to make-up brushes but I think they have all I need.

Would it be better to buy the basic Studio set which includes C107, C104, C707-3/4, C155, C115, C250-0, C160-1/8, C170-6, C135, C138 and buy a few more brushes separately, or should I buy the deluxe set with C106, C108, C104, C707-3/4, C155, C115, C250-0, C160-1/8, C170-6,C124,C113, C135, C138, C148 ?

Also are there any must have brushes you would reccomend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you
greengrin.gif

Ode to Joy

Are there any ebay sellers that offer crown brushes?
Don't want to order on CS if possible and I don't want enough brushes to buy directly from Crown...

Boasorte

what is the minimum again? Because I think I want like 20 brushes and a brush roll, I think buying directly from them isn't a problem

naijapretty

The pink-handled powder brushes are not soft, they are quite scratchy. I've had one since last year, have washed and conditioned them several times and it's still scratchy. The Italian Badger line is probably the best.

ilexica

I picked up a load of these at IMATS. The cheap plain shaders are OK, they're fine for the price (£1 - £3) each but nothing special. However, their pricier ranges I really, really like. I picked up some syntho and Italian Badger brushes and I do like them. I'm thinking of picking up some of their kabukis to try
smiles.gif

PeachTwist

I think I'm going to definitely order some of these brushes from the Italian Badger line. For anyone interested, Crownbrushes.co.uk is doing half price shipping for the month of August - I know it's nearly over but it's £2.75 rather than £5.something lol.

gsbn

Let's list the best Crown brushes!

I couldn't find a thread like this, but if there is then mods please remove.

As there are SO many brushes on the site I thought it would be a good idea to list the best ones so that the newbies (like me) know what to look for.

SOS.gif

jusebox

Best crown brushes?

HI fellow make up enthusiasts, I'm new to posting new threads although I often read around this forum.

I was wondering if you could tell me which crown brushes are the best ones to get? I'm interested in buying many brushes from them but I don't know which ones are a must.

Based on your own personal experience, which crown brushes do you recommend?

Thanks! ^_^

Latest posts