Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

AmberElizabeth

I have so many effing brushes... Pretty full set of MAC, the Sigma brushes, ELF studio and a crap ton of random brand.

But this thread is making me want to buy Crown brushes and try them out. Dang it anyway... I don't need more brushes!

ForeverKrystal

I'm just starting out with my makeup collection and I think I'm going to start off with a set of Crowns...Thanks for all the reviews!

naijapretty

Most of the crown brushes I have are from the Italian badger collection and about 4 from the Luna series. they're good, a few were slightly scratchy, but I gave them a conditioner wash and they came out beautifully. I think on the crown brush website, they have a minimum purchase order of $25, then they call you to get your details after you place an order.
here are pics of them I posted.
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f185/brushes-137581/

naijapretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclothymic
I find the Italian badger flat bronzer brush a little scratchy and after 2 years, it's still shedding.

I have the Italian badger flat bronzer and it did the same thing, have you tried washing it with a small bit of conditioner or color treatment shampoo? That helped mine, but now the brush has lost its shape
ssad.gif

Cyclothymic

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
I have the Italian badger flat bronzer and it did the same thing, have you tried washing it with a small bit of conditioner or color treatment shampoo? That helped mine, but now the brush has lost its shape
ssad.gif

Yes, I've washed it quite a few times but it still feels prickly against my face. For the price I paid, I could live with it because I am not expecting it to be made of high quality badger "tapers" (badger hairs with thin pointy tips that have a soft, bouncy feel). What bothers me more is the hairs breaking off when I'm buffing my face, leaving these short hairs on my face.

Nvertheless, I think Crown brushes are still a good buy, especially their eyeshadow brushes, if you're on a tight budget like I am.
smiles.gif

VIC MAC

The Flat bronzer is the softest and most dense of them all, I just hope I figure out how to use it
th_confused_new.gif
dscn0640.jpg

By jesusgirl82, shot with COOLPIX S60 at 2009-05-16
dscn0639.jpg

By jesusgirl82, shot with COOLPIX S60 at 2009-05-16
this brush still sheds...horribly. Still smells too. But it is soooo soft

But most important thing I could ever share...they smell when wet EWWWWWW...kind of like goat, i'd say. Def not wet dog or cat. I found a vid by enkore on 'deodorising brushes'---I'm getting to that as soon as I can aquire some baking soda.

I'll post pics when theyre all dry.finally posted the pics!

thanks for reading[/quote]

Hi there,

I use this to buff my MAC MSF into my skin after applying foundation, and it gives me an amazing result - HTH
yes.gif

PS: order some of the brush covers (CS)- that'll help the bristles stay in place when it dries - I gave mine a hair treatment mask....and it's soft now!

Vic

blindpassion

50% of the brushes I use in my kit are crown - and Im really impressed by them. Ive been meaning to do a review for so long, I will definitely get to that soon!

nichollecaren

I wanted to get some others, probably synthetics, but couldn't find any info - all the raves were about the IB Series. Can you recommend another?

Flowitu

Oh cool! I bought that bronzer flat top too. It smelled fine when I opened it. However, the smell turned stinky after my first wash. Now it smells subtle and it sheds. Still, the quality is quite good for an animal brush and it IS soft! I bought some from Coastal scents because Crown brushes don't ship intl

counterobsess

What a great thread - has convinced me that Crown brushes are what I'm looking for (good quality for great price).

I'm about to start a makeup artist course in Aust and they recommend their 23-piece brush set (which is about $500) but I'd rather start with a cheaper set for the course then invest in better brushes as I get an idea what I need.

So has anyone bought one of the kits? It's hard to establish what series the brushes are from (unless the handles are coloured of course). Or should I just go to a reputable series (like Luna... thanks blindpassion!) and buy dupes of the recommended set from my school??

ShugAvery2001

I'm still stomped on what to buy. I have to have a brush set by June 8th for a class. I'm on their site and there are just sooo many choices. I don't want in funky brushes :/

I'm considering getting their
SET-61123 PIECE PROFESSIONAL SET
$55.00

Crown Brush

Cyclothymic

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterobsess
What a great thread - has convinced me that Crown brushes are what I'm looking for (good quality for great price).

I'm about to start a makeup artist course in Aust and they recommend their 23-piece brush set (which is about $500) but I'd rather start with a cheaper set for the course then invest in better brushes as I get an idea what I need.

So has anyone bought one of the kits? It's hard to establish what series the brushes are from (unless the handles are coloured of course). Or should I just go to a reputable series (like Luna... thanks blindpassion!) and buy dupes of the recommended set from my school??

Hi!

You could check out this review by a fellow Australian beauty blogger who bought a set of Crown brushes for a makeup course run by Gorgeous Cosmetics.

Ashleybubbles83

i submitted an order to crown brushes on June 1st and they emailed saying they would get back to me with a final price but it's been six days and i've heard nothing. is this normal? i would just order from coastal scents but crown brushes has most of the ones i want...

Latest posts