Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

Ladybugz

has anyone noticed the 88 palette on the crown website? if anyone has it is it like the coastal scents one?

Im very tempted to order
greengrin.gif

hpgirl512

what's the best crease/contouring brush?
i've been looking at the website but can't decide on which one to get.

BestRx

I got about 20 Crown brushes for Christmas as my first real set of brushes. I bought a few drugstore ones earlier this year but decided to upgrade to a full set and didn't want to shell out a small fortune to do it. I am loving them so far. Here are my faves:

Studio Series:
C108 Flat Top Bronzer (super duper soft. I also use it to buff out any powders I've accidentally put too much of on)
C222 Round Contour
C200 Deluxe Crease (imo better as a blending brush than the one they list as a blending brush)
C210 Small Chisel Fluff (slightly smaller than the MAC 239 and great for highlighting or all-over lid color esp. if you have little eyes like I do)

Luna Series:
BK11 Angle Liner
BK20 Angle Brow
BK18 Round Crease (a little smaller and more pointed than the C222)
BK32 Badger Angle Blush (this one is not on the US website so I had to ask for it in the sepcial instructions box)
BK25 Badger Powder Brush (also not on the US site. It's soooo soft and pretty but also HUGE so I can't really use it for my face but it would make a great body brush if you apply any powders/shimmers to your neck and decollete)
IB124 Badger Kabuki (so much love for this one)

There were a few disappointments, though:
BK9 Foundation (too small and not the taklon fiber I'm used to. I end up using this to apply primer)
BK10 concealer (too dang big. Haven't found a use for it yet)
C313 Duo Fiber Brush (supposed to be the 187 dupe. I had to go out and buy the 187 anyway. It doesn't even compare.)
LCS Leatherine Brush Case (I threw this in because I was a couple of dollars away from the $100 free shipping mark. It feels as cheap as it is and the zipper sticks. I replaced it with the AWESOME Stila brush roll from drugstore.com for $12.)

The ordering process has one extra step than most online shoppers have gotten used to but is still fairly easy. You submit the requisition online through the website; they send you an email confirmation; and then someone from Crown calls you to take your payment and confirm shipment. It came really quickly even during the height of the holiday season.

HTH.
winkiss.gif

blindpassion

I bought 25 crown brushes off of their site!!

I could almost pee my pants with excitement hahaha.

When they get here I will post pics and reviews,
I also purchased the brush belt.
I can't waiitttt.

KarlaKayM

Coastal Scents=Crown Brushes.....100% positive.....I have some from both places...they were at the Midwest Hair show in Chicago and I bought some there....and I also bought some of the makeup palettes......(that Coastal Scents carry) they also have them in the Crown brush Catalog......same mdse.

blindpassion

^ hehe we knowww, well most of us do anyways.

Costal scents sells like 2% of all the brushes crown has though, and they don't sell the best ones at that, because I just ordered 25 crown brushes, none of which are avaliable from coastal scents, and they are wicked and don't smell like everyone says they do.

ps. if anyones looking for a good alternative to the MAC brush belt, Crown definitely has it... it holds my 60+ brushes without any issue.

xxluverxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
^ hehe we knowww, well most of us do anyways.

Costal scents sells like 2% of all the brushes crown has though, and they don't sell the best ones at that, because I just ordered 25 crown brushes, none of which are avaliable from coastal scents, and they are wicked and don't smell like everyone says they do.

ps. if anyones looking for a good alternative to the MAC brush belt, Crown definitely has it... it holds my 60+ brushes without any issue.

Blindpassion,
Did you purchase the stiffling brush from Crown Brushes? If you have used it can you provide me with some feedback? Many thanks!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxluverxx
Blindpassion,
Did you purchase the stiffling brush from Crown Brushes? If you have used it can you provide me with some feedback? Many thanks!

Do you mean the one thats the DUPE of the MAC 187?

I did, I purchased it and I haven't had a chance to use it yet

I will give you a full review when I do, but for now, my opinion is: If you are planning to apply foundation with this I would suggest getting the MAC one, the MAC brush is denser and the hairs are stronger so you can stipple better. The Crown Brush one is very soft and it will be great for light applications of powder. But this is only my first impression from its feel, I will use it tomorrow and let you know what I think!
smiles.gif

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissResha
do you recommend the studio series?

Very much so. A lot of the brushes I bought were from that series!

I will take pics and do comparisons this weekend for you all
smiles.gif

caffn8me

I'm amazed this thread is still going! It's quite a surprise to see it after having been missing in action for so long (me not the thread!).

I'm so happy that my recommendation doesn't seem to have been wrong and so many folks have had good luck with Crown Brush.

Yay!

xxluverxx

Quote:
Do you mean the one thats the DUPE of the MAC 187?

I did, I purchased it and I haven't had a chance to use it yet

I will give you a full review when I do, but for now, my opinion is: If you are planning to apply foundation with this I would suggest getting the MAC one, the MAC brush is denser and the hairs are stronger so you can stipple better. The Crown Brush one is very soft and it will be great for light applications of powder. But this is only my first impression from its feel, I will use it tomorrow and let you know what I think!
smiles.gif

I actually do have 2 187 brushes, one regular and one from the holiday collection 2 years ago. I was thinking about having a backup brush since there are times when I am extremely lazy & do not feel like washing my brushes, so it would be nice to have one extra on the side for emergencies. I will be looking forward to your review Blindpassion! Thx hun!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
Any further recomendations about the Luna Series, what to get and what to avoid?

I was just washing my brushes and realized that I have one more, the lash fan from the Luna series! Such a great brush! I didn't want to spend close to 20 on the mac one, and this brush is perfect for combing out any clumps after you've applied your mascara!

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
Any further recomendations about the Luna Series, what to get and what to avoid?

OH and I just realized I have the covered lip brush (wow im terrible at remembering) I really like it too, more then the MAC one!

Heiaken

Quote:
OH and I just realized I have the covered lip brush (wow im terrible at remembering) I really like it too, more then the MAC one!

I have the MAC lip brush, it's ok but the cap keep falling of all the time so that's really annoying.

Latest posts