Crown Brushes - questions & discussion

Ikara

Does anyone know if you can order from the USA site to Spain or you have to use the UK site?? I think it's incredible how in USA is half the price of the UK site!!! It doesn't matter if shipping is higher... the overall price is still much lower!!!

InRetospeck

Ok, so this is my second post!! I think I posted in the wrong spot the first time. I am really interested in the brush belt. I work for MAC and we would all love to get our hands on the one we use for work for freelance... the only problem is the one that MAC sells at the PRO store does not impress me and neither does the price... I know even though I get a discount. Can anyone tell me the quality of the brush belt. Crown brushes says that it is a imintation plastic leather. I think I going to buy it anyway... hey only $20 bucks. Just looking for some feedback.

d-0ne

is it me or while i was looking through these brushes they remind me of coastal scents brushes.

for example on the first page of the US site you can see a pink handled and pink hair kabuki brush that looks identical to this one coastal scents offfer.

also the italian badger line also looks identical to coastal scents line.

one more thing is that coastal scents offers a pump brush, you can also find this identical pump brush on crown brush's site under the pump section.

so my conclusion is that coastal scents gets their brushes and stuff from crown brushes, as well as some other major companies.

so people who are having trouble odering or does not want to meet the minimum ordering requirement should check out coastal scents.

ps. notice how even the name of the brushes are named identical!

Miss Pumpkin

Well... I want to place an order but the shopping cart will only let me choose US States, and I'm international!!!! Any international girls can tell me what they did?

JoeyEmma

I'm ordering from Coastal Scents- 3 eyeshadow brushes (mix of badger and sable), a 187-alike and a badger buffer brush come to £21.75 inc P&P (the English website charges £5 for P&P and the same buffer is £16 alone). They are the same brushes, I'll just have to wait longer for delivery.

Ikara

Some time ago I sent an email to the US site and asked for int shipping... they never got back to me xD

sweety_

Hi girls! I live in Europe too and send them e-mail today to ask them do they send their products to Europe, and if they don't answer me, I will use hm... I don't know the exact word in English... it's about third side, I mean people, who can buy that for you from the USA, and they want not so big prices for that.
yes.gif

So if you have this problem, you can do this in your countries too!
yes.gif

sweety_

Hi again!
winks.gif
Yesterday I received an answer, they can ship to Bulgaria => they can ship in the whole EU.
th_DANCE.gif
So, I asked for the prices for shipping, but they answered, that they can't tell me this, because it depends of the weight. And now I will look at the brushes again and probably I'll send them something like an exaple and see how much the shipping will cost...
th_confused_new.gif

The only thing that I am really sorry for, is that I don't think anybody could make a group - the shipping in whole Europe after receiving the brushes will cost something too...
ssad.gif

Nadeshda

The european group order would only be worth it if they send it through an expensive service, like FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc. And still, there could be custom duties, although I think it could be worth a shot (yeah, I'm interested in ordering from them too lol). The best way to do a group order would be by ordering along with people from the same country - that way the shipping from the person who gets them to the rest of the group wouldn't be as high.

traunit

I have ordered a few things from them...the brush belt is really nice for the price and it feels soft even though it's not real leather...the brushes are okay...I bought some from the Luna series mainly because the handles look sexy:p..the angled blush brush is very small and pretty scratchy, I would not recommend it..The Italian Badger series has the softest brushes...You can't go wrong ordering any eyeshadow brushes their soft and work well..but I would think twice about face brushes...

oh!..and I bought the 187 dupe and it's ok..I don't have the Mac one so I can't compare...I have used it for blushes and liquid foundation and it does a good job for me atleast....it's soft and pretty dense...I actually ordered another one and it was all funky shaped so I need to mail back for a new one...

sorry for the long post...

sweety_

Does anyone have an opinion for the travel sets? And does anyone have a catalog with more information for the materials - I don't like the idea for the badgers, so I would like to buy brushes made from sable fibers... but I don't know witch are the brushes made from this...
ssad.gif
th_dunno.gif

Korms

I'm ordering Crown Brushes via Coastal Scents. Even though the CS website doesn't state the brushes are Crown Brushes, they are. It's cheap, and hassle free to order from the CS site to ship to the UK, they don't mark up the prices from the wholesale price too much either.

Miss Pumpkin

The problem is that CS has less to choose from...
nonono.gif
Not good!

How does one pay with Crown Brushes? I sent them an order, they sent me the bill, but there's no payment instruction!!!
angry.gif

GoldenGirl

Just an FYI for anyone in the NY area, Crown Brushes have a table at the Artist Summit. They will be there today until around 5 or 6 pm. I picked up some brushes yesterday and will be back today to get more. I love them!

The Artist Summit is at the Metropolitan Pavilion on 18th between 6th and 7th. (closer to 6th). It's free to shop, you don't have to be going to any of the seminars.

Latest posts