Cult of Cherry for WOC

lilMAClady

Yes it shows up. It's very natural and NOTHING like Lovecrush. I have both and Plum du Bois is more brown and Lovecrush is burgundy. I love it because it's so natural and doesn't compete with the high drama of the trends it came out with. Check it out! I know alot of people were comparing it to X-Rocks. I don't see it. I personally didn't care for X-Rocks, but anyways yes, give it a try. I really like it!

lovely333

I need some help. I am on a budget and can get only one quad and one lipstick. I know it's a sad sad thing. But which one do you all like the most. I'm nc50 and I like the tempting and spiced quad. Hopefully I can get some more stuff in about a week.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
girlfriend!! get Kirsch for real. its soo beautiful on any skintone! remember you can always use a brush to apply it to get it to your color choice or swab it on your top lip and then blend them together or blot with a tissue to create a stain. its soo sexy with currant lipliner! dont be afraid of that deep rich color cuz you can work it!!!!

I'm heading to MAC tomorrow to scoop it up. I'm really feeling the dark berry lips now!

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
this is a wonderful quad and i know will look great on you! i was a bit turned off by nanogold but the other colors are sharp. maybe i was heavy on the nano so it didnt turn out so nice. did you get any of the lippies?

Nah, no lippies for me. I have a serious problem as far as lippies are concerned; I'm actually embarrassed, because I have lipsticks and glosses LITERALLY bursting from my train case, and now I'm forced to buy another one. Most of them are virtually untouched, but I can't make myself give them away, either. I'm about to go B2Ming because a few of them just turned bad on me all at once, and I've resolved to get shadows instead of more lippies, LOL. Off topic: you look just like one of my cousins, except she's always in hijab.

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidey
I bought all of the l/g. They are beautiful on dark skin Jampacked is similar to Decorative lustreglass. NW45/47

Yes, I tend to agree with you about this. Been seeing others say that Jampacked looks just like Pop Mode, and I don't see that at all! Pop Mode to me is much pinker, they are very different.

elmo1026

This is my last haul of MAC stuff until Feb. Because I leaving town and moving to an area where there is no MAC store. So today I hauled big from the COC collection:

all three quads
Bing
Jampacked

brownsuga lady

I used Back to Mac to get Kirsh and Bing (I also bought Currant l/l). I LOVE them! They are soooo pretty and I feel super sexy wearing them. Now i'm usually a nude or sheer peach or pink lip girl. I just tried on Bing for the first time and then I wiped it off (i'm at home not going anywhere...lol) and when I came back into the living room my husband was like "I like that lipstick". I still had some of the Bing stain on them. I know its great if my husband is commenting...he usually steers clear of makeup talk.
th_DANCE.gif

Oh I also got a backup of Creme Cerise.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
I used Back to Mac to get Kirsh and Bing (I also bought Currant l/l). I LOVE them! They are soooo pretty and I feel super sexy wearing them. Now i'm usually a nude or sheer peach or pink lip girl. I just tried on Bing for the first time and then I wiped it off (i'm at home not going anywhere...lol) and when I came back into the living room my husband was like "I like that lipstick". I still had some of the Bing stain on them. I know its great if my husband is commenting...he usually steers clear of makeup talk.
th_DANCE.gif

I think that my lips are too pigmented because Creme Cerise just looked like clear lipglass on me.

nazneen372

I am so excited about this collection coming out in the UK! (hope it's soon!)

I want to check out:

Spiced Chocolate quad
l/s/mattenes in Kirsch, So Scarlet and Creme Cerise and Bing

The glosses look gorgeous but I find lipglasses too sticky...

andicandi3x12

So I was trying to stay away like really trying AND Duping like crazy! but i had to just give in I bought the Spiced chocolate quad and I have been playing with it all night! I love it! I also bought Jampacked l/g. I wanted bing but i have a thing for the l/s in satin formula and I found a dupe for bing which is Media so I may hold off unless I reeeeally want that matte look (i do looove matte lips!)

GoldenGirl

So I've bought the spiced chocolate quad, the shadowy lady quad, creme cerise, liqueur, kirsch, so scarlet, cult of cherry and plan on getting jampacked and maybe rich and ripe. I also picked up heritage rouge from overrich. Not to mention I've bought tons of other permanent items in the past 2 months. I'm officially BROKE. I've told myself no more MAC for the entire month. But I do love this collection for WOC. I think what I have will definitely carry me through the next few months.

GoldenGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely333
I need some help. I am on a budget and can get only one quad and one lipstick. I know it's a sad sad thing. But which one do you all like the most. I'm nc50 and I like the tempting and spiced quad. Hopefully I can get some more stuff in about a week.

I like the spiced chocolate quad. I didn't get the tempting quad because I'm not really a fan of green, but if you feel like you can work it then by all means give it a shot. I just think I'd get more wear out of the spiced choc quad.

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
th_DANCE.gif

th_DANCE.gif
i told you a bold lip would look good on you!!!!
yahoo.gif

FierceMrsButler

So I wasn't going to buy anything...well I thought about the Spiced Chocolate Quad, but clearly once I read all of you all's comments...I am going to rack up. I just got hired as a freelancer for MAC, so my employee number hasn't came yet...which means no discount as of yet, but I feel like I NEED THESE ITEMS NOW!!!

We have our big event this Saturday, and I am so excited...I am going to combine the tempting and shadowly lady quad for a Brown, Green, and dark purple look...with a dark lip... I have never really worn a dark lip before...so I will post pics...

I have a question though, are all of you ladies going out and purchasing all this straight up or are you using a discount? Cuz you can shole go broke at the MAC counter...lol.

I'm a newbie by the way...

NC45/NC50

amber_j

Welcome ShugAvery2001 and FierceMrsButler!
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif

CoC comes out tomorrow in the UK
th_DANCE.gif
I've been revising my wishlist all week and can't wait to get my hands on everything. This may well be my favourite MAC collection of all time. Glad you're all enjoying your purchases!

MAChostage

Um, I only WISH I had a discount! Girl, I've got to buy it straight up! And since I only have a counter, I can only B2M for lipsticks so I did get So Scarlet that way. Other than that, my pocket hurts with the sweetest pain, LOL!

makeba

i wish i had a pro card or some sort of discount to purchase my mac goodies but i dont. i take it straight to the head and this collection hurt sooo goood!!! i have never spent this amount of money at one time before!
ladies dont forget the new Overrich Pigments becuz they are beautiful. i purchased mega rich and its sooo silky!
good luck fiercemrsbutler on your event coming up on Saturday and dont forget to post pics of yourself and your work if you can!!

amber_j

Thank you ladies for all your swatches, advice and thoughts. I bought my CoC goodies today and am so excited about going home to play with everything.
yahoo.gif
Like makeba this is the most I've spent on a collection, but it's so worth it. The colours are extremely WOC-friendly and the whole CoC collection is so adaptable. You don't just have to wear Sharp on your lids and Bing on your lips. But it's a pretty fierce look!

I got:
Quads - Tempting, Spiced Chocolate (so so so so beautiful!)
Mattene - Kirsch (made me want to kiss my reflection, lol)
L/S - So Scarlet, Lightly Ripe, O (B2M)
L/G - Jampacked, Liqueur, Cherry Blossom

I had been worried So Scarlet would be too pink, but it's a delicious deep wine colour on me. This is the colour I'd hoped Dubonnet and Ramblas Red would show up as. I'm NC50 for reference.

The pinks aren't at all ashy or grey as I'd feared, but give your lips a sheer pretty sheen with a touch of pink. They'll help create a beautiful nude lip to balance out the stronger eye for the Fall look.

I highly recommend this collection to anyone who's still undecided. I'll post swatches in the CoC thread later in the week.

brownsuga lady

Quote:
th_DANCE.gif
i told you a bold lip would look good on you!!!!
yahoo.gif

Thanks so much for the gentle nudge. I was so ready to pass these up.
winks.gif