Cult of Cherry for WOC

FierceMrsButler

So I am back from my event and had NO TIME to take pics... It wasn't real packed, but everytime I tried to break free to grab my camera from the back...I was doin someone's makeup...

It was fun though...it was my 1st counter experience as a new freelance MUA, but it was fun...I wish I took pics... I'm going back up tomorrow to pick up my gratis, so maybe I will take pics then or something...who knows...

Where can I find pics of WOC with their makeup all done up???

M.A.C. head.

I bought the Spiced Chocolate quad, Cherry Blossom l/g, and from Overrich I got Copperbeam and Blonde's Gold.

I looooooove my quad. With the exception of the light color [color pay off is bad and it's chalky].

HeavenLeiBlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceMrsButler
So I am back from my event and had NO TIME to take pics... It wasn't real packed, but everytime I tried to break free to grab my camera from the back...I was doin someone's makeup...

It was fun though...it was my 1st counter experience as a new freelance MUA, but it was fun...I wish I took pics... I'm going back up tomorrow to pick up my gratis, so maybe I will take pics then or something...who knows...

Where can I find pics of WOC with their makeup all done up???

Check the FOTD section... I'd directly link you, but I'm a klutz and I have too many tabs open... I'm afrqaid I'll lose one
winkiss.gif

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I'm thinking that I need Kirsch in my life.

Yes you need some Kirsch in your life!!
winks.gif
in fact, we all do becuz its a beautiful color that just says pure sex appeal. you can use a lip brush to get it to your liking and then blot your lips to create a stain. i have it and use it with Currant lipliner. Jampacked l/g over Kirsch really cranks it up a notch.

MAChostage

Quote:
I bought the Spiced Chocolate quad, Cherry Blossom l/g, and from Overrich I got Copperbeam and Blonde's Gold.

Ooh... Blonde's Gold. I love the look of this piggie against my skintone.
drools.gif

Quote:
I'm thinking that I need Kirsch in my life.

You do.
thmbup.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidey
I bought all of the l/g. They are beautiful on dark skin Jampacked is similar to Decorative lustreglass.

NW45/47

oh no don't say that. I was interested to get jampacked after all the reccomendations. but if its like decorative I might pass. I never cared for that color......but come to think of it I've never tried it on......

anyway I was hoping that jampacked was a more sheer berry and not super pigmented. Anyone know?

Scorpdva

I went to a CoC event on sat in poughkeepsie ny and I got the shadowy lady quad, chockful mattene, and liqueur. I previously got CoC l/g and the spiced chocolate quad. The MUA did a really nice smoky eye and deep lip with chockful and it still looked appropriate for day.

GoldenGirl

Quote:

I looooooove my quad. With the exception of the light color [color pay off is bad and it's chalky].

OMG I hate NANOGOLD! It's a hot shimmery mess! I did my eyes with the quad and used nanogold and it permeated all the other colors and made my eyes look terrible! I had to take everything off and start again.

GoldenGirl

I'm already in a semi panic because I'm running low on creme cerise, liqueur and jampacked. I need extras, but I'm still BROKE from everything I've already bought!
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

I think I may try to get my hands on a Creme Cerise because I've been wanting to get into the smoky eyes with a neutral lip thing but I can NEVER sort out a good lip color.

ETA: OH SHIT! I went to maccosmetics.com to order Kirsch and it's SOLD OUT!!! *cries*

d n d

I really want liqueur lipglass but I am not sure they will still have it by the time I get paid. What other color does it compare to?

lucyh

Quote:

Ooh I love love love Blonde's Gold! It's such a beautiful color...I think I'll have to go buy another one tomorrow
yes.gif

cocodivatime

I posted this in the Cult of Cherry Discussion but wanted to share it here too. LOL

Funny Story.

Yesterday me and my husband went to the mall and i stopped by the MAC counter to view the colors in person. I'd already ordered a few things without previewing it first so i wanted to check them out.

Anyway--I tried on all three mattene colors and after i tried each on I walked over to my husband (who was playing some dumb video game on his cell phone to keep him occupied) and asked him

"Do you like this one?"

each time he looked up and said "No" and then kept playing his game. LOL

So after i was done with the last one and he still said no I asked him-- "So if you had to pick--- what do you like about any of these colors?"

He looked up from playing his game and says "Nothing"

LOL. I laughed so hard. He was totally honest and didnt care. LOL.
th_LMAO.gif

Oh well. I still plan to try to pull off Kirsh and Chockful. I don't think I can handle Bing. But I ordered it already from MAC so i might try.

Men are so funny.

makeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenGirl
OMG I hate NANOGOLD! It's a hot shimmery mess! I did my eyes with the quad and used nanogold and it permeated all the other colors and made my eyes look terrible! I had to take everything off and start again.

Oh my i thought i was the only one who hated nanogold!! i put this on last after my other shadows and was like, "get that mess off" and had to start over too. i thought maybe applying it to the inner eye would work and it still was awful. Oh my!!

carandru

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeba
Oh my i thought i was the only one who hated nanogold!! i put this on last after my other shadows and was like, "get that mess off" and had to start over too. i thought maybe applying it to the inner eye would work and it still was awful. Oh my!!

Really? I can't say that I hate nanogold lol. I did find it a little difficult to blend though. I saw this tutorial on youtube that made me like nanogold even more lol. Still can't say I love it and I probably won't use it too often. YouTube - M.A.C Cult of Cherry Tutorial - Spiced Chocolate Quad.

Also, what are some ways I can wear Russian red? I bought it along with so scarlet, rapturous, COC l/g and jampacked. I love everything else, but I feel like Russian Red is just too bright for my skin tone. It looks kind of orange-y to me too.... My hubby however loves it and begged me to leave it on when i asked him what he thought, lol. Seeing as I just started wearing lipstick a month ago, maybe I need time to adjust.... I really do want to rock a bright red lip look a la the Rhianna Disturbia video.

I thought Nano gold was such a pretty color and could not wait to try it... But Its not what I expected...LOL but the other colors are great