Depotting Shadows/Quads/Blushes/Blushcremes etc.

glittergoddess27

I noticed that in another post someone referred to "depotting" the shadows. How is this done??? I am so afraid of ruining the shadows. I would love to depot my angelcake and meadowland and put them in one of my palettes. :p And will this work on say something like the Diana Quads? I'd love to take those suckers apart too.

glittergoddess27

<----- Does a dance,......

Thanks big time,..... I want those puppies to conform.
lol.gif

glittergoddess27

Hey I cannot view the second information regarding depanning quads,.. says it is a protected entry? If You can view would you mind copying it over into word or something and e-mailing it along?

msthrope

the instructions are below. if they don't suffice and you want me to email you the pics that go with them, please post your email address.

"Run a thin knife around the edge of the "top" of the bottom part of the palette. You can pry it up and pop it off.

The previous step will leave you with the top popped off and the shadows glued to the magnetic bottom.

Use your knife to pry the shadow away from the palette. You should be able to slide it underneath the pan quite easily.

That's it!"

msthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
http://specktra.net/depotting.php

has a detailed tutorial with pictures, etc.

i already gave her that link above. i think what that is missing is how to de-pan a quad.

edit: email sent.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by VuittonVictim
Another question: Can I turn my pigment into an e/s- texture as well?

I want to know that too!

haha_noodlez

i depotted my hush e/s months ago and for some reason, its not useable anymore. do you guys think i left it under the candle too long? b/c as soon as the plastic melted i popped that sucker out & since then its been hard as a rock to use. now i'm scared to depot again. has this happened to anyone before?

odium

depotting & recycling

just a question, if i depot all my shadows and put them into palettes, are the old containers still okay to use towards the recycling program? i'd assume they are, but i'm not 100% sure about that.

PnkCosmo

Re: depotting & recycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by odium
just a question, if i depot all my shadows and put them into palettes, are the old containers still okay to use towards the recycling program? i'd assume they are, but i'm not 100% sure about that.

Most definitely!!

That's part of the reason why a lot of people get into depotting anyway!

Sanne

question, I saw B2M sign on the box of the brush cleaner, does that mean that that one counts too?

And is there a limit to the amount of empties you can take to the mac store? I have almost 35 now!

ladybugz07

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupie
question, I saw B2M sign on the box of the brush cleaner, does that mean that that one counts too?

And is there a limit to the amount of empties you can take to the mac store? I have almost 35 now!

Yep, brush cleaner does count towards B2M... And I've never heard of there being a limit on the number of empties you can return at once...

melozburngr

DEPOTTING!! WOO HOO!

So I made my first attempt at depotting today... did 6 in all, one semi casualty... my first MAC e/s ever.. the top layer kind broke off, I'll live. anyway.. back to the point... I found a NEW way to depot..

I'm impatient, and well, for me the candle method took FOREVER. So, I decided to play around and figur eout a faster way.. well... I'm a bit of a chef in the kitchen, and I have one of those handy dandy kitchen torches.. like the mini blowtorch for creme brulee.. works incredible.. put eye on fork, swirl blowtorch underneath for about 5-10 sec til it smoke (and in a few cases of mine, starts on fire) Blow out the flame if necessary and hurry and take the xacto knife and pop it out.. super fast super no fuss.
smiles.gif
think I mighta ruined my fork tho.. so be careful
smiles.gif