Depotting Shadows/Quads/Blushes/Blushcremes etc.

HOTasFCUK

Quick question.......why is depotting blush more harder then eyeshadow? Someone posted in another thread that it was. I have successfully depotted many eyeshadows but i'm going to start doing my blushes as i have a new palette waiting to be filled. Any tips so i don't ruin everything? Thanks!

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Quick question.......why is depotting blush more harder then eyeshadow? Someone posted in another thread that it was. I have successfully depotted many eyeshadows but i'm going to start doing my blushes as i have a new palette waiting to be filled. Any tips so i don't ruin everything? Thanks!

I think it might be because the blush has a larger area, but is still quite thin, so it's easier to crack in the process.

Zephyra

I did some blushes today, including my Spring Color forecast Azalea Blossom (! I know, but I'm moving and I need everything in palettes). I used a syringe full of rubbing alcohol and a thin knife: I slid the knife down the side of the pan between the metal and the plastic (not enough to bend the metal pan!) and dripped alcohol down the blade of the knife; this will cause it to run into the space between the metal and plastic. (If you just pour alcohol on the edge of the pan, it will run into the blush and not underneath the metal pan, which is where you want it to go.) I let it sit for a couple minutes, then repeated...as the alcohol gets further under the metal, it can dissolve more of the glue and the pan gets looser. It took a little time but I got everything out without damaging the plastic or the metal (although i got a tiny chip in the side of one of my blushes). Pleased with the results.

Susanne

Re: Have you removed individual eyeshadows from packaging?

*merging with another sticky thread refering to this topic*