Depotting Shadows/Quads/Blushes/Blushcremes etc.

loulouthi

has anyone depotted the new style spring colour forecast quads? Is it even possible to do without ruining the packaging?

Pinky & Poodle

Re: depotting question!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
so i thought i'd update on how i solved the problem.....

i just pushed the mac shadows into the pans that work with the palette. worked wonderfully and it's very secure! and now i don't have to go buying a much bigger palette!

Are the Mac pans smaller than the ones from stars makeup haven?
I'm not sure how you got them to fit in the new palette...

I'm thinking of buying these as well, have you tried the blush palette?

mariserinb

nope, the pans are the same size. i flipped the mac shadow upside down and pushed the stars makeup haven pan onto it, so essentially there is a double layer of pans. then i just popped it into the palette just fine.

mariserinb

i know they also sell magnets on the site, so i assume you could just use those as well.

and no, i have not tried the blush palette, but the shadow palettes are great quality and i just bought three more.

Pinky & Poodle

Thank you so much Mariserinb
smiles.gif

The palettes get really mixes reviews, so I guess I'll have to try
them out for myself

mariserinb

definitely do that. stars makeup haven has amazing customer service, too. but i really love the palettes i think the quality is great! good luck!

xJustgirlie

ooh I've a question.
In video's on youtube I saw that when the pot is apart from the container, there should be a small round opening, where you can loose the eyeshadow pan from the pot?
Well, in my eyeshadow, there isn't that opening.
I've bought this shadow from ebay.
I do believe it's real because it's so pigmented and she can prove that she bought it straight from a MAC store.
Also, it smells really plastic when I let it sit on the iron (already after 2 minutes).
So I don't know how I can depot my shadow?
Can someone please help me!

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJustgirlie
ooh I've a question.
In video's on youtube I saw that when the pot is apart from the container, there should be a small round opening, where you can loose the eyeshadow pan from the pot?
Well, in my eyeshadow, there isn't that opening.
I've bought this shadow from ebay.
I do believe it's real because it's so pigmented and she can prove that she bought it straight from a MAC store.
Also, it smells really plastic when I let it sit on the iron (already after 2 minutes).
So I don't know how I can depot my shadow?
Can someone please help me!

there will not be a hole in the bottom unless you melt the bottom with a flame. the heat loosens the glue if you use an iron. you should just be able to push the pan out thru the plastic from the bottom because it will be soft from the heat.

xJustgirlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
there will not be a hole in the bottom unless you melt the bottom with a flame. the heat loosens the glue if you use an iron. you should just be able to push the pan out thru the plastic from the bottom because it will be soft from the heat.

Oh, thanks!
Yeah well i tried, but it didn't came off. And now I'm stuck with a bended eyeshadow pot which is outta it's original shape.
Maybe I can try to leave it a bit longer on the iron?

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJustgirlie
Oh, thanks!
Yeah well i tried, but it didn't came off. And now I'm stuck with a bended eyeshadow pot which is outta it's original shape.
Maybe I can try to leave it a bit longer on the iron?

hm...i'm not sure because i have only used a candle. but it would make sense that if you leave it longer the plastic gets softer so you could push out the pan more easily. try and see?

littlepickle

Hey everyone, I've got a MAC Paint tube in rather battered condition... not aesthetically pleasing at all!
smiles.gif
Is this something that could be depotted? Any reccomendations? Thanks
smiles.gif

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
Hey everyone, I've got a MAC Paint tube in rather battered condition... not aesthetically pleasing at all!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

I think I've seen people just squeeze them out into a container, but the downside to that seems to be that it dries up a whole lot quicker.

mariserinb

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

yeah, my only thought was that you could put it into a little 5 gram jar.

demivenom

I cant stand having eyeshadows in pots, i HAVE to depot them, but i really dislike depotting, so i hate when i fall in love with limited shadows, especially when they have special packaging.

cipelica

Can you tell me, when I depot my blushes do they need something to stick into the pro blush pans (magnet, glue...)

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipelica
Can you tell me, when I depot my blushes do they need something to stick into the pro blush pans (magnet, glue...)

Yes, you need a magnet. You can get them at craft stores.

Some people do glue their blushes and eyeshadows into the palettes, but it's not so practical since then you can't move them around, and it will be messy to replace the pan once you run out of the product.